What's new

Pakistan Army restricts Geo Channels in its offices

Well MOD has already submitted a petition against Geo. So legal course if followed. This is just to show more disgust towards traitors of this nation.

calling them traitor wont make you or me any patriot.. if our intelligence agencies have any documented proofs of conspiring by Geo with foreign elements against the State or its vital organs or institutions, then in that case they have a good case to prove..

for example in my opinion aman ki asha is an illegal arrangement, as it directly effects Pakistan's foreign policy. although I disagree with Pakistan's foreign policy, but by principle private corporate sectors of two countries cannot or shouldnt initiate such programs without consent of the executives/govt and establishment.

Keeping an eye on EXTERNAL affairs is the role ISI should play. The Army and ISI have absolutely no business meddling in the INTERNAL affairs of Pakistan.

This "keeping an eye" started decades ago and now has morphed into an uncontrollable and unaccountable juggernaut that answers to no one but itself. This is a recipe for national disaster, some of which we are seeing unfold already.
i think u didnt get my post i said National and INTERNATIONAL media so what is wrong with it are they not supposed to keep an eye on certain things .... and where did i said they are meddling in internal affairs??

calling them traitor wont make you or me any patriot.. if our intelligence agencies have any documented proofs of conspiring by Geo with foreign elements against the State or its vital organs or institutions, then in that case they have a good case to prove..

for example in my opinion aman ki asha is an illegal arrangement, as it directly effects Pakistan's foreign policy. although I disagree with Pakistan's foreign policy, but by principle private corporate sectors of two countries cannot or shouldnt initiate such programs without consent of the executives/govt and establishment.

Then let us see the evidence to prove these allegations in court, if there is any basis to them.

i think u didnt get my post i said National and INTERNATIONAL media so what is wrong with it are they not supposed to keep an eye on certain things .... and where did i said they are meddling in internal affairs??

You didn't. I did. The evidence clearly shows I am correct: ISI meddles in internal affairs illegally, including politics, to the detriment of the nation.

Again,monitoring the media, and responding as needed, is the job of the ISPR, not ISI.

About time. Been tolerating this shit for too long. Should be banned everywhere

You didn't. I did. The evidence clearly shows I am correct: ISI meddles in internal affairs illegally, including politics, to the detriment of the nation.

Again,monitoring the media, and responding as needed, is the job of the ISPR, not ISI.
u r not getting me mana ok leave it ....

Then let us see the evidence to prove these allegations in court, if there is any basis to them.

exactly and meanwhile try to defuse the situation through court by putting both sides to rest till the decision arrives.. but its asking too much from not so law abiding corporate and institution.

exactly and meanwhile try to defuse the situation through court by putting both sides to rest till the decision arrives.. but its asking too much from not so law abiding corporate and institution.

Something I posted earlier:

======================================================
It is far better to say that "We strongly deny the charges made and look forward to co-operating with the judicial investigation to clear our good name".

I propose some steps to reduce effect:
1)GEO TV must be banned from rural areas and sensitive areas which terrorists seem to use as their hideouts.

2)GEO tv is a powerful news agency network,and it is popular.So,first strategy is to defame this channel.People believe over analysis presented by journalist like they are representatives of god,damn it-So,if 2-3 news agencies are used against them by hitting their weak spots and targeting bad journalisim of their's,then I find it pretty effective to some extent.ID think that ARY is good place to start!!
3)LEA must be accessed to investigate every inch of case and every object must be re-analyzed,their lies will be exposed!
4)Throw/distribute anti-GEO pamphlets in every inch of sensitive as well as high life metro cities.Target laymen,as they are always use as scapegoat by these propaganda machines.Spread awareness.
5)Now what layman can do?make anti geo pages on FB,Twitter..send emails to people you know and spread word..expose their lies.
6)I agree with @Aether economical damage will be worth noticing when half a million jawans will stop watching it.
7)Buy journalist of news agencies.Pay them,buy them.when almost every news network or paper will publish their lies,then you can give them a huge blow!..why not,our ministers pay these anchorpersons of different news channels to tear apart their political opponents,so why can't our agencies can buy some for the sake of right purposes damn it!!!

I propose some steps to reduce effect:
1)GEO TV must be banned from rural areas and sensitive areas which terrorists seem to use as their hideouts.

2)GEO tv is a powerful news agency network,and it is popular.So,first strategy is to defame this channel.People believe over analysis presented by journalist like they are representatives of god,damn it-So,if 2-3 news agencies are used against them by hitting their weak spots and targeting bad journalisim of their's,then I find it pretty effective to some extent.ID think that ARY is good place to start!!
3)LEA must be accessed to investigate every inch of case and every object must be re-analyzed,their lies will be exposed!
4)Throw/distribute anti-GEO pamphlets in every inch of sensitive as well as high life metro cities.Target laymen,as they are always use as scapegoat by these propaganda machines.Spread awareness.
5)Now what layman can do?make anti geo pages on FB,Twitter..send emails to people you know and spread word..expose their lies.
6)I agree with @Aether economical damage will be worth noticing when half a million jawans will stop watching it.
7)Buy journalist of news agencies.Pay them,buy them.when almost every news network or paper will publish their lies,then you can give them a huge blow!..why not,our ministers pay these anchorpersons of different news channels to tear apart their political opponents,so why can't our agencies can buy some for the sake of right purposes damn it!!!

How many of these steps proposed above are patently illegal? Hint: #5 is legal.

Well they are traitors. I can point many incidents in the past where they have worked directly or indirectly against the interests of the state of Pakistan. Geo reporting after Mumbai attacks comes in mind for example. So I don't think anything is wrong by what army has proposed. We Pakistanis should boycott Geo.

How many of these steps proposed above are patently illegal? Hint: #5 is legal.

Ah,this is Pakistan Mr.Vcheng..and here the definition of illegal is 'terhi ungli se ghee nikalna' rather then 'najaiz/wrong' :D

Did you really believe army initiated this petition to get Geo closed? Not to going to happen, this was adopted as mere jesture to pressurize the group and cash in on it, and hope they will mind their business next time....other news.channels are doing this, to cash in on this for monetary reasons. They thought they can actually get them banned.
Cme on vcheng, i know you since 2007 from other forum, i know you are better then this....you are just trolling me....
It is a long jump from proving that an injustice has been done to the military, to claiming that Geo is acting against Pakistan. Yes, petitioning PEMRA is the correct thing to do, but the rules quoted in the petition are unlikely to have been violated to the extent to merit a total ban on Geo.

Back
Top Bottom