What's new

Pakistan Army | News and Discussions

Chief of Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar paid a farewell call on, COAS General Qamar Javed Bajwa In Rawalpindi..

1615898348477.png

1615898369444.png

1615898390324.png

Pakistan gives 6 month extension to TAI to resolve the engine and other components issues with the USA.

What are the sizes of Section/Platoon, Squads and fireteams in the PA and how are they distributed?
I remember the show “We are Soldiers” by wajahat Saeed khan covered this but I can’t seem to find it.
if I recall correct a squad in the PA has 13 soldiers? If so what is the division into fireteams?

1616087465286.png

circa 1948
A rare photograph of a Stuart Light Tank in PA service.
Three regiments of the Armoured Corps operated these; in tandem with Humber and Daimler Armoured Cars.

6ᵗʰ Lancers, 10ᵗʰ Division
Guides Cavalry, Peshawar (Frontier) Division
11ᵗʰ Cavalry, 7ᵗʰ Division

General L H S C Silva WWV, RWP, RSP, VSV, USP, Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) & Commander Sri Lankan Army called on General Qamar Javed Bajwa, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) at GHQ, today. During the meeting matters of mutual interest, regional security issues with particular reference to enhanced military cooperation were discussed. The visiting dignitary acknowledged Pakistan’s continuous efforts for peace and stability in the region, especially in Afghan Peace Process and pledged to further enhance bilateral relations between both countries. Earlier on arrival at GHQ, visiting dignitary laid a floral wreath at Yadgar-e-Shuhada. A smartly turned out contingent of Pakistan Army presented the Guard of Honour to visiting dignitary.

COAS General Qamar Javed Bajwa was called on by,
General L H S C Silva WWV, Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) & Commander Sri Lankan Army at GHQ.

1616192055146.png

1616192071937.png

View attachment 726182

BTW his extension will last till 28th November 2022 which happens to be Sunday.
Wonder what happens to the two courses which are essentially skipped when such extensions are given?
Are folks with hypothetically better merit and better leadership basically lost to retirement?

Nothing against the current chief but technically you could have the next Guderian, Gustav the great or Hannibal but they just end up retired?

Although I suppose that they would have had the chance to display that during their service.

Wonder what happens to the two courses which are essentially skipped when such extensions are given?
Are folks with hypothetically better merit and better leadership basically lost to retirement?

Nothing against the current chief but technically you could have the next Guderian, Gustav the great or Hannibal but they just end up retired?

Although I suppose that they would have had the chance to display that during their service.
I never favor extension. And also prefer that senior most officer in line be selected when it's time to pick (if he made to a 3 star general, he is good enough). The 3 year extension with selling security sitiation reason is bs. at most, 6 months to a year should have been given. Even in war, only 2 months extension is given by law.

If one was soo/thoroughly professional, IMO, that person would decline any offer for extension. Anyways, it is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom