What's new

Pakistan Army negotiating contact for T-129 helicopter

I was talking about various sensors based early warning system, which is usually a double fence.
In this warning system if anyone touch the outer fence anywhere, embedded movement sensors will send out alarm. When intruder continue and cross into the razor blade fence, then there's a net of laser lines, which sends out alarm once they are interrupted, lastly there's this high voltage fence, also razor blade wire, which will electrocute upon touching.

The radars will be used as mentioned in the video these radars will be for detecting human movements usually upto 20Km. I am merely talking about cameras that are not the standard type CCTV that you would install on your house but rather military grade cameras that will work in extremely low light levels.

Electro Optics is the correct terminology. Pakistan does make them as well which are FLIR based cameras that have the ability to survey large areas be it day or night. The systems Turkey is Using on its borders with Iraq and Syria is what I am hinting at.

I haven't seen any such indication. He'll likely stay on until elections.

I do have to say that he seems to be doing a decent job when it comes to Pakistan's foreign affairs, especially compared to baldy.

One bad thing about him is that he has big baggage of corruption on LNG import. He is veritable by establishment as well as his ex-boss Nawaz, if you know what I mean. Pakistan needs somebody who's free from the influence of "maleoon" Family.

Will Pakistan be interested in the drone as well? Or still considering Chinese Drones.

CyBKI1nXcAAe3Yq.jpg

I'm pretty sure Turkey would love to co-produce the Anka armed drone with Pakistan. These have proven themselves incredibly valuable in anti-terror operations and border security.

Silahl%C4%B1-Anka.jpg

anka-silahl%C4%B1.jpg

anka-s.jpg

Then of course there's also the smaller Bayraktar tactical-class TB2:

ZOZlPA.jpg

TAI is currently working on an even larger twin-engine drone, dubbed Anka-2.

RO3NgY.jpg

DyJmyv.jpg

JO2NQJ.jpg

Really Hazrat! None of the Drones being built are in the Class of Predator! They are low endurance drones and the need is for high endurance drones.
What I can say the Drone we are building now is much bigger than Burraq has lot more hard points for Missiles than Burraq and yes it's in category of MALE UAV. We may see it soon I know that there are more than one project going on but I know detail of one only.

What I can say the Drone we are building now is much bigger than Burraq has lot more hard points for Missiles than Burraq and yes it's in category of MALE UAV. We may see it soon I know that there are more than one project going on but I know detail of one only.
Maybe CH-4/5 or Wing loong will be chosen built under license.

Maybe CH-4/5 or Wing loong will be chosen built under license.
Well may be but right now we are designing and building our own Drones including ones which fall under MALE category. And more than China I really think we should consider this one from South Korea all though this is not Armed One but still we can get our hands on technology of USA through South Korea

DMVmmc2WkAAA1du.jpg

It's scaled Model but we can Arm it also if we decide to go for it

upload_2017-10-22_20-21-52.jpeg

upload_2017-10-22_20-25-26.jpeg

upload_2017-10-22_20-47-26.jpeg

upload_2017-10-22_20-48-11.jpeg

Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi on Sunday took the Turkish attack helicopter T-129 for a test flight, becoming the first Pakistani premier to fly a military helicopter, Radio Pakistan reported.

After talking to Pakistani and Turkish media following the test-flight of T-129 helicopter, Abbasi said Turkey's defence production industry was one of the best in the world and second to none.

The premier appreciated the Turkish aircraft and termed it an impressive and good machine.

Abbasi talking to media after the test flight of Turkish T-129 helicopter. —Online

He lauded the Turkish aviation industry as well as Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan for such achievements in the defence production.

Answering a question about Pakistan's plan of purchasing T-129 helicopters, Abbasi said, our army is evaluating the helicopter, and we are negotiating the contract and terms.

The prime minister also inspected the helicopter, where he was briefed by the Turkish aviation officials about the specifications and technical parameters of the combat chopper.

The chief executive officer of Turkish Aerospace Industries, Temel Kotil, said that T-129 was a light-weight attack helicopter equipped with missiles and guns.

He said Pakistan and Turkey have strong defence ties and collaborating in the defence production area as well.

Know more: Did you know? PM Abbasi used to be a total daredevil

Earlier in September, the prime minister had participated in an exercise training mission aboard an F-16 aircraft as part of the elite No 9 multirole squadron.

In full flying gear, PM Abbasi sat in the rear cockpit of the fighter jet.

It was during a visit to the newly established ‘Airpower Centre of Excellence’ at an operational airbase of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) in Sargodha when the prime minister took part in the mission.

Chief of the Air Staff Sohail Aman, sitting in another F-16 aircraft, had also participated in the training mission.
https://www.dawn.com/news/1365515/s...pakistans-first-pm-to-fly-military-helicopter

Last edited:
According to kokpit.aero Turkey is going to be granting Pakistan a $1.5 billion USD credit to finance the acquisition of the T-129 choppers. They're working towards finalizing the terms soon.

Sounds like pretty much a done deal actually. Good choice fellas. Enjoy your flights and happy hunting.

http://www.kokpit.aero/pakistan-basbakani-abbasi-atak-ile-uctu

atak%20demo.jpg

When it will have a MMW radar on its rotor??

The radar is ready but doesn't look like it'll be up on the rotor for the time being. Maybe Pakistani T129s will have a different configuration though, I'm not sure.

2_d.png

lbrb1E.jpg

how many units ? and TOT included ?

Yes. TOT and local production in Pakistan under TAI license. Turkey is going to be providing Pakistan $1.5 billion as a long-term loan with pretty favorable terms for PK. The final deal is imminent.

Sounds like we're looking at at least 30 choppers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom