What's new

Pakistan Army is ready to fight big Army like India.

Disagree with you about timing, Pakistan army still holds key strategic points in Kargil to this today. There was no "perfect timing" for an operation such as that, only time you can perform this operation and time you cannot perform this operation as planned.

Which of these strategic points translate to a massive strategic gain as envisaged? Which of them were worth the cost in men, material and diplomatic insult?

Is he the one who trained Ashoka, and half shaved head with pony? But I think that was Chandar Gupt Moria.
Bhai, it was Chandragupta Maurya, Founder of Maurya empire. And Chankya was his adviser. He raised him, llike his own son.

Ashoka was his grandson.

Actually all the terrorist operations in SW & NW have been a blessing in disguise for our Army.
They are now the most battle ready then they ever were.

Peace time exercises cannot provide the level of training as compared to what they have gone through in the last 10 years...
All men and material has been tested, zeroed and ready...
U r a military profession talking like a kid. What about the damage the Militants have done,a decade already has gone,more then 50,000 ppl killed

Kisi ko freedom achchi lagti hai , kisi ko Dalito ki pairo ki dhool se orgasm hota hai

Apna apna Jaayakaa hai Bhai sahab ! 8-)
Freedom and security are different. People are free in U.P. but they are not secure. And btw, I am a Modi fan

So why did not those 97,368 soldiers embraced death, but surrendered to a Kafir army in '71?

Oh yeah, because hot air and jingoism does not keep yo alive, ground realities do.:cheers:
Being backstabbed by Bangladesh didn't help. But let's face it times are different now. We don't have a distanced country with us now. There will be Only one front. You keep on having your small erection from the Peshawar School Massacre leave the fighting to the people on the ground.

Not exactly. Good strategies are good strategies. But it depends on when you implement them. Kargil for e.g. was a brilliant strategy, just the worst possible time to implement it.

Strategy is not just about, taking a single aspect in mind and forget about other.

Can I ask one question, what if PMO allowed the IA and IAF to cross LOC and cut the supply line of PA inside Azad Kashmir? After all it was like, you crossed, so we crossed.

As I said I think Pakistan should have continued the 1965 war. PAF had won the air war and could have rained down destruction on Indian ground forces and carved out of a path to Indian occupied Kashmir. It was a mistake in my opinion to not continue that war when Pakistan had the momentum. Winning the air war allows you to influence the battlefield, and Pakistan did not capitalize on that to achieve it's ultimate objective. It was a failure in assessing the momentum of the time. Leadership and not the soldiers are to be blamed for this.

Pakistan could not carry the war because their ground forces were getting hammered. PAF could not capitalise their surprise attacks. The air cover for Pakistani forces was missing and Pakistan faced stalemate and defeat.

Which of these strategic points translate to a massive strategic gain as envisaged? Which of them were worth the cost in men, material and diplomatic insult?

As I said Pakistan army controls to this day holds key strategic heights and points in Kargil. Kargil is the only foothold Pakistani army has in Indian occupied Kashmir. India has no footholds in Azad Kashmir. It was well worth it. Think of it as Pakistan's Rumelihisarı.

No matter what people will always criticize a military plan. However, I think credit should be given to Gen. Musharraf he is well read in western military history and Islamic military history.

I don't say conventional forces of Pakistan are no match. They will inflict very heavy losses especially in first few days. Indian forces will pay a very heavy price. Also Pak army is quite capable of making incursions into Indian territory and capturing land. But if war prolongs or starts to go bad, then we have nuclear options to fall back on.

You know the thing about war is, you only control the start of it. Then they become unpredictable. It is really not possible to predict the outcome of this kind of war. So I agree with you, lets hope there is no war. There is a great chance that it gets out of control. Whoever starts it.
both forces will pay a heavy price.. bhaari nuksaan guatranteed, but India will keep sending troops, 5 times bigger is no laughing matter 8-)

anyway, no war I hope

Not exactly. Good strategies are good strategies. But it depends on when you implement them. Kargil for e.g. was a brilliant strategy, just the worst possible time to implement it.

Kargil was a good strategy but it failed because the ones implementing the strategy - the soldiers - were not up to the task. The plan was to cut of Ladakh from rest of India. It instead ended up as the diplomatic isolation and humiliation of Pakistan. A good strategy on paper was wasted on ground. Such things have a demoralising impact on officer cadre. They feel that if the best plans they come up with don't work then what will.

Kargil was the best possible time as well. The threat of a nuclear war meant that Pakistan can dictate and control the terms of fighting to where they want. But as I said, the Pakistani infantry was not trained or motivated enough to fight and the plan backfired.

Strategy is not just about, taking a single aspect in mind and forget about other.

Can I ask one question, what if PMO allowed the IA and IAF to cross LOC and cut the supply line of PA inside Azad Kashmir? After all it was like, you crossed, so we crossed.

It would have gone into full fledged war..something neither were prepared for at the time, that was the issue for the PAF as well. It found itself tied around without being able to actually do anything to the IAF since they were not as such crossing the border.

As I said Pakistan army controls to this day key strategic heights and points in Kargil. Kargil is the only foothold Pakistani army has in Indian occupied Kashmir. India has no footholds in Azad Kashmir. It was well worth it. Think of it as Pakistan's Rumelihisarı.
I asked this same question from Oscar.

What if Cabinet Security given the free hand to IA and IAF, and allowed them to cross LoC? After all, it was like, you crossed, so we crossed.

Tactically might have been a good move, but strategically was still a blunder. just like gibralter, searchlight and changez khan.

It would have gone into full fledged war..something neither were prepared for at the time, that was the issue for the PAF as well. It found itself tied around without being able to actually do anything to the IAF since they were not as such crossing the border.
Again Pak nightmare. So, how it was good military strategy?

Kargil was the best possible time as well. The threat of a nuclear war meant that Pakistan can dictate and control the terms of fighting to where they want. But as I said, the Pakistani infantry was not trained or motivated enough to fight and the plan backfired.
Incorrect, the soldiers were fairly motivated but without a sound translation of the plan it was bound to fail.
Have a read.
Aeronaut: Kargil Conflict and Pakistan Air Force

Back
Top Bottom