What's new

Pakistan Army Information

Mistral MANPADs aren't mentioned, or are they also exclusive for the PAF?

Mistral is used by PAF & PN.

Secondly, PA Armoured Corps consists of 49 tank regts (excluding the PBG).
It seems like with 44 per regt, we have 7 T80UD, 11 Al-Zarrar, 6 Type 85, 3 Type 69 and 13 Type 59 regts ( in 13 infantry divisions excluding those in strike corps).
This totals to about 40 regts, and so there should be about 9 regts equipped with the Al-Khalid, and this claim is supported by the figure given by IISS 2017, which states that 415 Al-Khalids are present ( about 9 regts), however the number given currently is much lower. Kindly look into it.

Al-Khalid numbers are official, i.e. from MoDP and Senate reports. IISS figures are just estimates based on number of engines ordered.

I read here on some thread that the number of A100s had reached to 60, how true was that? Also hoping that Gryphon gets a solid source so that those ex-Italian SPs can be added. Other than this it's spectacular.

A-100 numbers have increased, this is true. Regarding M109 deliveries from Italy/Canada, will be added when reported by good source(s).

I would suggest maintain some Pak War History pages too, lot of nonsensical additions seen there too, too much one sided ness.
An example of this is in the 71 War page, where they give a figure of 9,000 Pak KIA, whereas from 22nd Nov to 16th Dec, total dead for PA was about 2,500 (Hussain Haqqani). The number given is for the total dead since OP Searchlight in March, and about 6,500 men died in combating the Mukti insurgency.
So the figure of 9,000 is an addition of both. India seems to have an internet revolution but distortion of facts should not be allowed this easy.

Not interested.

Mistral is used by PAF & PN.

Al-Khalid numbers are official, i.e. from MoDP and Senate reports. IISS figures are just estimates based on number of engines ordered.

A-100 numbers have increased, this is true. Regarding M109 deliveries from Italy/Canada, will be added when reported by good source(s).

Not interested.

There seems to be 8 Regs of T80UD + 12 Regs of AZ + 8 Regs of AK + 6 Regs of T85IIAP + 13 Regs of T69IIMP/T59M/T59MII
You cant go numeric, there are Armoured Reconnaissance Regiments with only 26 MBTs
As AK-I is entering service (21 in each of the 6 existing Armoured Regiments, mixed with the AK, there are also two Armoured Recon Regs with AK), two new regiments are being formed or two old regiments are being reequiped (T69/T59 or even T85).
When I saw the news about the M109s from Italy my first impression was you were forming a new Mechanised Division in the South. This could be done by using those two regs of AK to replace the T85 (that were recently upgraded) in na IABG, and sending those tanks to join other IABG makind a new MechDiv.
There were 46 Regiments identified in 2014, so there were one or two regiments formed in 2015-2017
This is all speculation! I am 6926km in Portugal
Thanks

There seems to be 8 Regs of T80UD + 12 Regs of AZ + 8 Regs of AK + 6 Regs of T85IIAP + 13 Regs of T69IIMP/T59M/T59MII
You cant go numeric, there are Armoured Reconnaissance Regiments with only 26 MBTs
As AK-I is entering service (21 in each of the 6 existing Armoured Regiments, mixed with the AK, there are also two Armoured Recon Regs with AK), two new regiments are being formed or two old regiments are being reequiped (T69/T59 or even T85).
When I saw the news about the M109s from Italy my first impression was you were forming a new Mechanised Division in the South. This could be done by using those two regs of AK to replace the T85 (that were recently upgraded) in na IABG, and sending those tanks to join other IABG makind a new MechDiv.
There were 46 Regiments identified in 2014, so there were one or two regiments formed in 2015-2017
This is all speculation! I am 6926km in Portugal
Thanks
13 regts with T59 in all infantry divisions except 12th, FCNA and the 4 with both strike corps. Ind Squadrons at Balochistan.

3 regts with T69, likely to fill in for IABGs in XXX and IV Corps (alongwith AZ)
2 Ind Squadrons in Balochistan

6 T85 regts, 5 to fill up the 26th Mech Div and 1 to partner an AZ regt in an IABG of the XXXI Corps.

11 AZ regts, 5 in the 6th Armd Div,
2 in the 1 Corps IABG, 1 in the 31st Corps IABG, 1 in the XXX Corps IABG and the rest 2 to form up the X Corps IABG.

7 T80UD regts, 5 to equip the 1st Armd Div, 2 with the IABG of the Multan Strike Corps.

9 AK regts, 5 in the 25th Mech Div, 2 in the V Corps IMBG, 2 in the V Corps IABG.

This is what i believe, but as you said we never really know, so essentially we're both correct.

As for the M109s, they might be a force multiplier keeping in mind the ongoing revival of the Indian SP Arty.

Could anyone tell me from where does 23rd ID AOR start at LoC, which AK brigades are under it. As far as i know, surprisingly the 7 AK Brigade is under 19th ID which i don't think is at the LoC.
Is 3 AK Brigade at Kotli under 23 Div? And which other brigades are under it there?

Could anyone tell me from where does 23rd ID AOR start at LoC, which AK brigades are under it. As far as i know, surprisingly the 7 AK Brigade is under 19th ID which i don't think is at the LoC.
Is 3 AK Brigade at Kotli under 23 Div? And which other brigades are under it there?

LOL anyone giving that sort of info, can expect a visit from MI and no it will not be pleasant.

Giving information like that is a no, no - classified.

LOL anyone giving that sort of info, can expect a visit from MI and no it will not be pleasant.

Giving information like that is a no, no - classified.
Lol, such information is available online for those who wish to seek.

Maybe but active deployment of troops in specific areas can be of use to the enemy.
They know where we have our arty batteries and vice versa. I seek the ORBAT to assess our deployment and weak points, then ponder.

Since I'm outside the country, I cannot access join pakistan army website ,
Could any member mention or PM me when recruitment ads for 144 PMA long course begin ?

Back
Top Bottom