What's new

Pakistan Army Information

What's so special in Pantsir which is not there in the Chinese options ? And do you really think Indians will let the Russians sell an offensive weapon to us ?
Pantsir S2 carries both missiles as well as machine guns in it. Not very big enough and easily move in various terrains

Pantsir S2 carries both missiles as well as machine guns in it. Not very big enough and easily move in various terrains

You can ask the Chinese and they can do the same also. Not a big deal. They have many missile programs and can incorporate it.

My main argument is that Russians won't sell it. We need to look for other arrangements.

Chinese Type 07 SPAAG with missiles or HQ-17 system for armored formations protection.
LD-2000 systems for Air Defence unit protection / critical points / air base protection from precision guided munitions / cruise missiles.

Chinese copy of Tor missile system i-e. HQ-17
http://www.asian-defence.net/2015/08/hq-17-surface-to-air-missile.html

Last edited:
My main argument is that Russians won't sell it. We need to look for other arrangements.

Pantasir is a PD sam, not a very high profile system, so there should not be a big issue from russian side, if they are willing to expand the defence cooperation.

Pantasir is a PD sam, not a very high profile system, so there should not be a big issue from russian side, if they are willing to expand the defence cooperation.

Not a big issue for Russian side, but for Indians it will be. Their hue and cry would be such that Russians won't sell.

It will decrease their hitting power if deployed for protection purposes and if used for armored formations again a threat for their helicopter fleet.

Not a big issue for Russian side, but for Indians it will be. Their hue and cry would be such that Russians won't sell.

It will decrease their hitting power if deployed for protection purposes and if used for armored formations again a threat for their helicopter fleet.

I knew this was coming, Indians will bark at anything that has anything to do with Pak, but that is not how things work, and Putin is someone that can't be bullied.......

Pakistan Army has only 2050 tanks in service.
From 1975 onwards it acquired 825 Type 59, Type-59s bought prior to that are too old.
It also acquired in the same period 300 Type-69, 285 Type-85, 330 MBT-2000, 320 T-80.

IMG-20170719-WA0006.jpeg

KSA SSG in Pakistan [emoji12]

Pakistan Army has 3 squadrons in an armoured regiment. Something like 14 tanks per squadron.

should the squadrons be increased to 4 ? would extra 14 tanks per Regiment make any difference?

Thoughts?

Pakistan Army has 3 squadrons in an armoured regiment. Something like 14 tanks per squadron.

should the squadrons be increased to 4 ? would extra 14 tanks per Regiment make any difference?

Thoughts?

I think regiments should be increase, if a capable squadron commander can do with less, then many other can do the same !

I think regiments should be increase, if a capable squadron commander can do with less, then many other can do the same !
Thats what PA has done, reduced squadrons in a regiment to make new regiments to increase numbers.

Thats what PA has done, reduced squadrons in a regiment to make new regiments to increase numbers.

That's a typical defence strategy, the masses of Indian armoured forces will be picked up by the thin Pakistani Tank Regiment lines, and will be stopped or eventually destroyed, the main purpose is to gain time and new opportunities for the offensive forces! Of course everything at the same time...The chance of any Indian Tank Regiment bypassing our defence lines is zero! In Germany, we say den Feind abkämpfen lassen und schwächen-that means while the enemy is fighting it will loose his offensive power through causality and time! Just hold your position! The Wehrmacht has done it, read their battle history, always confronting an overwhelming enemy ! Just hold your position!

Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah for the unique honour of being the First unit of the Armed Forces of Pakistan to be inspected by him on 21 February 1948.

images

Minister for Defence, Khurram Dastagir Khan visited Corps Headquarters Peshawar and Khyber Agency on Wednesday.

266874_6289247_updates.jpg

defence-minister-visits-pak-afghan-border-briefed-on-security-situation-1515598084-8734.jpg

Back
Top Bottom