What's new

Pakistan Army: Dog Training

Not for guard duty. Not for protection of farm land and farm animals. Bringing them inside home is forbidden though.

Forbidden? Did you research it? Couldn't you state something like 'I think'/'I remember hearing' etc instead of making absolutist statements on behalf of someone else (Islam) without references, something which is evidently incongruous with the scholastic tradition of Islaam?

Brother I can't quote references out of my memory, so I prefer to not jump in the melee. However I remember one 7adiith without reference breaking the news that the Angels of ra7mah don't enter the house that has a dog. Now that doesn't equal 'forbidden' by a long mile.

Forbidden? Did you research it? Couldn't you state something like 'I think'/'I remember hearing' etc instead of making absolutist statements on behalf of someone else (Islam) without references, something which is evidently incongruous with the scholastic tradition of Islaam?

Brother I can't quote references out of my memory, so I prefer to not jump in the melee. However I remember one 7adiith without reference breaking the news that the Angels of ra7mah don't enter the house that has a dog. Now that doesn't equal 'forbidden' by a long mile.

As far as I know, forbidden means prohibited, banned, out lawed, not allowed. I also said not allowed inside the house, and that is exactly what the Hadees is saying, that Angels of Rehmat do not enter the house which has a dog.

I am sure you must have heard about Ashab-e-Kuhaf, they also had a dog with them, I don not exactly remembr the Ahadees, but I do know that using dogs for hunting is allowed (with some conditions).

Having said that I am open to learn /correct myself if I have said something which is contrary to either Islamic teachings or Ahadees. May Allah help us and forgive our ignorance.

As far as I know, forbidden means prohibited, banned, out lawed, not allowed. I also said not allowed inside the house, and that is exactly what the Hadees is saying, that Angels of Rehmat do not enter the house which has a dog.

I am sure you must have heard about Ashab-e-Kuhaf, they also had a dog with them, I don not exactly remembr the Ahadees, but I do know that using dogs for hunting is allowed (with some conditions).

Having said that I am open to learn /correct myself if I have said something which is contrary to either Islamic teachings or Ahadees. May Allah help us and forgive our ignorance.

Thank you for the attitude. I'm really happy for you. And forgive me for being a little tough, I was only trying to get you realize something by shaking up your mind.

No farishtahaaye reHmat does not mean Haraam. It could mean degradation or absence in your dose of reHmat.

While i ain't an expert but I have enough knowledge to tell you that you fate will not hang upon the fact that you kept a dog. Picking up bits and pieces outa any religion is just confusing and misleading. Study the religion in its entirety to really understand the true essence of it.

While i ain't an expert but I have enough knowledge to tell you that you fate will not hang upon the fact that you kept a dog. Picking up bits and pieces outa any religion is just confusing and misleading. Study the religion in its entirety to really understand the true essence of it.

According to Hadiths only Bringing dogs inside the house is haram as they prevent the entry of fhariste

But u can keep them out of the house .

To the friend whom asked the question, about keeping dogs, haraam or not.

Well in islam , dogs cannot be kept as pets, but rather for work, ie. guarding, herding, hunting purposes etc.
a fatwa has also been passed by many clerics in the uk, that dogs kept by the blind, deaf, medical fits/epilepsy detecting dogs can be kept.

Dogs are not kept in the living quarters of humans in most muslim countries.

If a dog is kept, then in islam it,s well being and care become the responsibility of the owner's'.

As someone who has had numerous dogs (for working), I would recommend the belgian shepherd (mallinois) to the pakistan armed forces. Great like the german shepherd, not as strong, but more intelligent and easier to train. Also used extensively around the world by many forces.

A curious question: why dogs? I mean can't cats or donkeys be trained for similar objectives?

As a lifelong cat person it doesn't feel right to me that a son of a b.i.t.c.h is selected over my son (my cat i.e.).

PS: the forum was eating up a word so I had to put in periods there so it stays. Somebody inform the forum what the mother of a dog is called.

Dog have one of the highest number of sensory cells in their nose so and very sensitive to smells. They are easier to train than cats. If you don't know, cats are one of the laziest animals....and please keep your feelings to yourself.....:tdown:

As a matter of curiousity isn't the ownership of German Shepards forbidden in Islam?

According to Hadiths only Bringing dogs inside the house is haram as they prevent the entry of fhariste

But u can keep them out of the house .

Keeping a dog anywhere is not haram, its frowned upon. Keeping it inside the house is seriously frowned upon, so as not to let it come in contact with stuff that one regularly uses, and it is also advised not to pray in clothes which have come in contact with a wet dog or its saliva. If a dog licks a plate then one must wash it 7 (read: quite a few) times before using it. Islam even allows for us to use them for hunting i.e. to eat the kill made by a dog.

How about a Pakistani sheperd ? just kiddin lol

But seriously, the Pakistani breeds are too aggressive. They don't make good pets or hound dogs. Their size and strength do make them par excellence attack and guard dogs but for the military you need obedience as well, which these dogs aren't very fond of. The Bull Terr and Gull Terr for example are one man dogs and will always keep their alpha nature, plus they have hearing problems. On the other hand the Pakistani Mastiff (Bully Ku.tta) sub-breeds (pictured below) are demons which the army wouldn't wanna tangle with. Sadly these are the reasons why these two breeds are used as game dogs and in bear baiting, which is sick. The Kuchi are too rough and the Tibetan Mastiff is too climate dependent, and so on and so forth. Some info on the local breeds: Only guard and fighting dogs pics: Some Pakistani breed of Bully KutaBully *****

Pakistani Mastiff (Bully Ku.tta):

cheeta1a_zps28cac0d2.jpg

149875_217811_1286098984_zps7f454fa6.jpg

BullyKuttaPakistaniDogPurebred3YearsOld_zps900ca860.jpg

images_zpseea18f5f.jpg

kalanaag_zps27fa6d4f.jpg

The Gull Terr:

OgAAAJCKX0W3nvIfuhTZqCD5B1Pe83_tc847yBm3dGrZDR-9bnQAPIr1LiNPmPehMuDP-sl3jopqPkXWnL6HyPCE0UIAm1T1UOYmM1jjBbYgQz9MDy4nky5C6oNo_zpsbabbb8a7.jpg

gull_terr_large_k2bullykutta_com_zps10c0d363.jpg

Seriously? "ku-tta" is censored...

A curious question: why dogs? I mean can't cats or donkeys be trained for similar objectives?

As a lifelong cat person it doesn't feel right to me that a son of a b.i.t.c.h is selected over my son (my cat i.e.).

PS: the forum was eating up a word so I had to put in periods there so it stays. Somebody inform the forum what the mother of a dog is called.

Dogs are trained on reward method which means dogs does something good, u reward it with food, dog will do it again for reward. So first is that dogs are very easily trainable than other animals. they are eager to please always, this attitude makes them great animals for training.

secondly, the bite. the bite doesnt kill a man like bigger cats but gets the job done, like stopping a man from getting away.

thirdly, the nose. this nose saves lives. cats have a good nose too but arent too eager to please so difficult to train.This nose can sniff a sniper hidden in trees, sniff explosives, sniff drugs. some breeds do it better than others. once the dog gets scent of a human or material like cloth, it can start chasing on basis of its nose only.

fourthly, ears. Very responsive to environment and can detect noises and sounds that humans cant, cats can too but again not easily trainable.

fifth.size matters. Intimidating looks, menacing teeth , bigger size keeps burglars and unwanted people at bay.

sixth. loyalty. give it food. then beat the hell out of it. it will lick your feet again after a few minutes. keep repeating. the dog wont go away , ever.

seventh. pack sense. the dog is a pack animal like a wolf. it will give its own life to save another pack member or leader like human.it thinks of a human like a family member.

Thats all from top of my head right now

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom