What's new

Pakistan Army Chief Visits Russia

Sir Army Chief carries a nuclear football with him and security lapse could mean total disaster so unfortunately we have bad bad law and order situation.
You mean Football like Football Football ?
Like one American President carries ?
Do we have this tech ?
If do as you said, upto which level ? Like only authorisation codes approval or having that Proper "RED" wala button

Bad option, heavy maintenance, older tech, etc,etc,etc. If you want to really get this type of a platform, just build more JFT's for CAS roles.

For COIN ops, you don't need a jet. You should get heli's in numbers,or buy with TOT the Chinese helicopters.

In fact, I'd say, you should buy a few more C-130's with CAS gear, the Howitzer and all. That puppy can rain down 105 shells. Its loiter time can also be 8-12 hours a flight. You could provide a 24*7 coverage to your COIN ops with C-130. This is the best option for the money, firepower and for the high availability of the system on minutes notice.
I agree with AC-130 , it is A-10 + Apache and Cobra combined + more
but not sure if Uncle Sam will clear that for us.

Why these Russian guards looking weird? their heads tend to up always?

Anyway, Russia should offer to Pakistan Tu-Bear Bombers to defeat Talibans and Indian terrorists hiding in India?
this is how they perform the guard of honour and they move their head as well as the guest or Russian official passes by

A larger Geo Strategic realignment is taking place, this visit is more then just buying helicopters, good things could come out in terms of defence ties, i for one would welcome a better engine for the JFT, pantsir sams and ofcourse choppers. I see Pakistan joining the SCO in the not too distant future.

crucial talks including expending helicopter fleet, few tanks related issues, plus establishing new helicopter repair facility.
St Petersberg workshop has already helped Pak open an overhauling factory in Pak.

Call me naive, but selling weapons system to both the sides in a conflict/near conflict seems, highly unethical. Its basically war profiteering.
Not singling out Russia but other countries like US and France too who both sell offensive weapons to both India and Pak

It creates certain dilemma like whom do you support in any future conflicts when there is urgent need for spares/ammunition etc. You could basically cripple one power if you hold of on critical parts.
It's called business

Interesting shift of geopolitical dynamics. India is embracing US more while Pakistan is embracing Russia more. Anything that works I guess.

You are right. Tables are turning. There would be a shift in intelligence operations too. There was a time RAW was all over Pakitan soon ISI will be all over India.

@vostok

Our general is your country, and it is our general's birthday too.

However nothing has been released on Pakistani local media, about whom he met, and what he did.

Please tell us, if the local Russian media has any more information.

You are right. Tables are turning. There would be a shift in intelligence operations too. There was a time RAW was all over Pakitan soon ISI will be all over India.

Maybe as double agents :D

this is how they perform the guard of honour and they move their head as well as the guest or Russian official passes by

Sir we can request the A 10 s it's good plane and US airforce retires it .but Su25 is cheap rugged reliable with two mig 21 engines easy to maintain won't be issue .

Sir we can request the A 10 s it's good plane and US airforce retires it .but Su25 is cheap rugged reliable with two mig 21 engines easy to maintain won't be issue .
SU 25 is old thing not needed for bombing either SU 34 or JH-7 will be great option

SU 25 is old thing not needed for bombing either SU 34 or JH-7 will be great option
Yaar they r not old by age they been upgrade extensively by Russians.they r russian A 10 Russia still using then and used it againest Georgia ,and Chechens .Ukraine using them againest russian rebels .they made for COIN Ops take massive payload 2 sqdrn R perfect for pak will take load off from rest of airforce jets .It's has two Mig 21 engines I mean F 7 engines any tech guy who dealt our F 7 s will take care of it .reason is American hardware is funky by Russian hardware is soldier type bear a lot stress .

boss was invited to join International Military Technical Forum “ARMY-2015″
This international forum has been planned by Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation that will attract armed leadership from all over the world during June 16 to June 19.

The best way to assess the scale of the event can be judged by the inauguration of the event by President Vladimir Putin. Exhibition of military hardwares is established at “Patriot Park in Kubinka area of Moscow district. Over 5000 hectares park was created this year as this area was just a forest in January.

During his inaugural address, the President Putin stressed that Russian arms and military equipment remain in great demand on the global arms market and the arms order portfolio has been filled for years to come. Russian companies can offer the entire range of services – from supplying arms and equipment to post-warranty maintenance, servicing and personnel training, Vladimir Putin noted. Russia is open for joint work and the launch of promising innovative projects.
ARMY-2015 starts in Moscow

Back
Top Bottom