What's new

Pakistan Army Chief Reached Russia.

ZedZeeshan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Army chief meets Russian colonel in Moscow

Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Qamar Javed Bajwa arrived Russia on Tuesday, reads a press release issued by military's media wing.

The COAS met Commander Russian Federation Ground Forces Colonel General Oleg Salyukov at the Kremlin Palace. General Bajwa was presented guard of honour by the Russian authorities.

The Russian Ground Forces Commander acknowledged achievements of Pakistan Army in fight against terrorism and contributions for regional peace and stability.

Russian Ground Forces Commander said that Pakistan is a geo-strategically important country and Russia is keen to expand its existing bilateral military to military cooperation.

General Qamar Javed Bajwa thanked Russian Ground Forces Commander and said that Pakistan reciprocates desire of enhanced bilateral military engagements.

The Army Chief said that Russia has recently played a positive role to help resolve complex situations in the region.

He said that Pakistan will continue to play its part to keep conflicts away from the region and seek approaches which bring regional convergences into play rather than the divergences.

https://nation.com.pk/24-Apr-2018/army-chief-meets-russian-colonel-in-moscow

https://www.express.pk/story/1156739/1/

Last edited:
Of what benefit can Russia be to Pakistan? Their military equipment is pricey. They will not assist Pakistan during any hour of need should Pakistan go to war with India. I seriously doubt that they plan on investing in Pakistan. They are not friends who can be trusted should US take on Pakistan (Syria situation made me lose my respect for them).

Of what benefit can Russia be to Pakistan? Their military equipment is pricey. They will not assist Pakistan during any hour of need should Pakistan go to war with India. I seriously doubt that they plan on investing in Pakistan. They are not friends who can be trusted should US take on Pakistan (Syria situation made me lose my respect for them).
What other options does Pakistan have .... European equipment is even expensive. US does not want to sell anything to us in fact they are always reluctant to give the equipment we have paid for..
However Russian equipment is not that bad either.

You need a very urgent and broad based lesson in Geo-politics, New World Order and the rapidly happening events in Middle East.

Russia and China are the only two countries in the world that can exercise their will without being influenced by US or Israel.

Russia is a MIGHTY IMPORTANT country.

Are you being sarcastic, dumb or dense purposefully?

The pattern in recent years has been that Pakistan's Defence Minister visits Russia, then announces purchase of weapons, this is then followed by a visit to Russia by the Army Chief and finally, the desired weapon systems are quietly delivered to Pakistan.

During this process Russia repeatedly insists to India it will not sell anything important to Pakistan.

India paying the price for becoming an American Poodle.

why should we be reliant on anyone we can handle india we dont need anyone elses help to handle them we alone are enough for them.

If Russia wasnt in Syria, Syria would be what Iraq and Libya was. This was the plan but Russians have become 'kebab mei haddi'.

Russia is a mighty important country. A unique country that manufactures its own weapons. A very powerful country. Its regional interests currently align with Pakistan. With strong and trustworthy alliances between China, Russia, Iran and Pakistan, a regional solution to Afghan quagmire could be found. It needs intelligence and patience and for that we need a patriotic political leadership which can play the role in aligning these interests alongside Army Chief.

I dont think Pakistan needs weapons that badly. It can more than meet its requirements through China.

The pattern in recent years has been that Pakistan's Defence Minister visits Russia, then announces purchase of weapons, this is then followed by a visit to Russia by the Army Chief and finally, the desired weapon systems are quietly delivered to Pakistan.

During this process Russia repeatedly insists to India it will not sell anything important to Pakistan.

India paying the price for becoming an American Poodle.

losers in this scenario as always is india and pakistan.....
Russians make money. americans make money.

Back
Top Bottom