What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

That is the Kornet-D. Not the Kornet-E that Pakistan purchased. Entirely different system. Also it’s talking about KA-52M and not Mi-35M. Also that system has not seen any sales. As far as we know, there are no Helicopter Capable Kornets in service anywhere, inside or outside Russia.
So what armaments do our Mi 35 use??

So looks like the first flight has happened without much fanfare. This could be the alternative to T129/629 and is a lot more realistic now then the Turkish options. Given that we have been establishing a relationship with the Italians over the last decade or so, it might be a good idea to get in on this chopper with some sort of a deal for manufacturing parts inhouse as well.

View attachment 879502

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Bilal. @HRK @mingle
yaap I read about it and came to know that it will not be an ITAR free system, it use 2,500-shp GE CT700 engine from US .... so it is not an option for us ...:(:(

The ones that are visible; cannons, unguided S-8 and S-13 rockets. Maybe there were guided missiles purchased like the Vikhr or Spindrel but I highly doubt it since there aren’t any sightings or news about it. We only have 4 of them after all with seemingly no follow up orders, so it doesn’t surprise me that they didn’t purchase much supporting weaponry.

Shorter wing span. 2 pylons each side.

Cannon, rockets and provisions on pylon for ATGM (2nd pic).

1663668663286.png

1663668689100.png

Compared to another export Mi-35 below. See the wing span. 3 x hard points each side.

1663668448057.png

Shorter wing span. 2 pylons each side.

Cannon, rockets and provisions on pylon for ATGM (2nd pic).

View attachment 881105
View attachment 881106

Compared to another export Mi-35 below. See the wing span. 3 x hard points each side.

View attachment 881101.
Hi, the helicopter you listed below is the Mi-25; it is basically another Mi-24 export version.
While the one Pakistan uses is the Mi-35M the latest iteration, it doesn't have retractable landing gears and has smaller stub wings, an Ah-64 like tail rotor,
The difference between Mi24/25 and Mi35 is that the prior has retractable landing gears, a 3 bladed tail rotor, and larger stub wings, the Mi-35 has fixed landing gears, smaller stub wings and a 4 bladed tail rotor. :)

The ones that are visible; cannons, unguided S-8 and S-13 rockets. Maybe there were guided missiles purchased like the Vikhr or Spindrel but I highly doubt it since there aren’t any sightings or news about it. We only have 4 of them after all with seemingly no follow up orders, so it doesn’t surprise me that they didn’t purchase much supporting weaponry.
There have been pictures of an ATGM rack being carried by the MI35M that Pakistan has. Perhaps there is more than meets the eye with it 🤔

Also I thought they were follow up orders for more mi35m. Or did that just end up in the same place as Pakistan receiving AH 1Z again (never actually happened, it was based on a rumour)

There have been pictures of an ATGM rack being carried by the MI35M that Pakistan has. Perhaps there is more than meets the eye with it 🤔

Also I thought they were follow up orders for more mi35m. Or did that just end up in the same place as Pakistan receiving AH 1Z again (never actually happened, it was based on a rumour)
Can you show me the picture? I don’t recall seeing any, unless you mean empty pylons.

And there were rumors of a follow up order reported by AirForces Magazine that was quoting a Pakistani officer, AFM is a reputable source usually but given how long it has been since said follow up orders and with the Russian war situation I highly doubt we’re getting anymore.

Can you show me the picture? I don’t recall seeing any, unless you mean empty pylons.

And there were rumors of a follow up order reported by AirForces Magazine that was quoting a Pakistani officer, AFM is a reputable source usually but given how long it has been since said follow up orders and with the Russian war situation I highly doubt we’re getting anymore.
Screenshot_20220920-134021_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Hi, the helicopter you listed below is the Mi-25; it is basically another Mi-24 export version.
While the one Pakistan uses is the Mi-35M the latest iteration, it doesn't have retractable landing gears and has smaller stub wings, an Ah-64 like tail rotor,
The difference between Mi24/25 and Mi35 is that the prior has retractable landing gears, a 3 bladed tail rotor, and larger stub wings, the Mi-35 has fixed landing gears, smaller stub wings and a 4 bladed tail rotor. :)
Mechanics isnt my domain.

With the engines that PA Mi-35's have, can the larger wing be used to carry weapons ? or will it change aerodynamics completely?

Mechanics isnt my domain.

With the engines that PA Mi-35's have, can the larger wing be used to carry weapons ? or will it change aerodynamics completely?
Longer wings would impact the hover capability of the helicopter as well.

Now this is a topic of interest.

How should a gunship attack a position or moving vehicles or any kind of target. Fire on the move or hovering fire.

Empty Pylons.
What %age of TOWs were fired by AH-1s in COIN ops when compared with chin mounted cannon and rockets ?
Mi-35 is to be deployed for COIN Ops. So how important is it to carry ATGM ?

Another thing, how much of fuel and ammo carrying capacity should be compromised by AH-1 and Mi-35 to reach higher altitudes ? Full compliment of weapons Vs Fuel.

Now this is a topic of interest.

How should a gunship attack a position or moving vehicles or any kind of target. Fire on the move or hovering fire.

What %age of TOWs were fired by AH-1s in COIN ops when compared with chin mounted cannon and rockets ?
Mi-35 is to be deployed for COIN Ops. So how important is it to carry ATGM ?

Another thing, how much of fuel and ammo carrying capacity should be compromised by AH-1 and Mi-35 to reach higher altitudes ? Full compliment of weapons Vs Fuel.
Thats where doctrine comes in. For example USMC pilots are more trained on ordinance delivery by diving and on the move whereas Army pilots are trained to fire via obtaining battle position. There can be a few possible advantages for both. With diving and on the move you can deliver cannon and unguided rockets more accurately yet you risk crashing or getting shot. By firing by obtaining battle position youre relatively safe but cannon and rocket dispersal is more noticeable. This also further reflects in the attack helis both branches use. The Apache has a large 30mm "area effect" cannon whereas the Cobra has a triple barelled 20mm gatling gun. Cobras are built with on the move attack philosophy in mind, imo our situation mostly dictates we use them like that too. As mi35 is larger with better avionics it can fill a role similar to the Apache (if we have ATGMs).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom