What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

Does anyone know if Pakistan army like mi 35 helicopter? Does it meet there expectations and may could they get more of them?

Does anyone know if Pakistan army like mi 35 helicopter? Does it meet there expectations and may could they get more of them?

Per US pilot who flew mi-8/17 it’s better suited for high and hot /humid climates vs US heli of similar class, basically it’s mi-8 with front changed for dual cockpit now what is specific role in paa and just 4 heli beats me

Is this your youtube channel?
No but he is friend of mine in russia i like his sense basicaly he is from pak origin working in moscow now his father was employee in embassey there

I meet him in dubai since we are good friends he frequently visits defence exhibits in dubai pak

I quote him becausehe has reliable info i: u counter check his views u found he is right
Is this your youtube channel?
D9nt u think that our helos are in bad shape when india had got apaches

No but he is friend of mine in russia i like his sense basicaly he is from pak origin working in moscow now his father was employee in embassey there

I meet him in dubai since we are good friends he frequently visits defence exhibits in dubai pak

I quote him becausehe has reliable info i: u counter check his views u found he is right

D9nt u think that our helos are in bad shape when india had got apaches
Ah understood.

Regarding helos, yea they are old. Ah1f are nearing their end of life, but still pack a punch. Mil mi35 are good but are still limited due to number. The z10me would help us a lot. It will allow the ah1f to be retired whilst allowing us to pack an even bigger punch.

Ah1z and t129 are dead deals sadly. Z10me seems like the most likely choice.

Ah understood.

Regarding helos, yea they are old. Ah1f are nearing their end of life, but still pack a punch. Mil mi35 are good but are still limited due to number. The z10me would help us a lot. It will allow the ah1f to be retired whilst allowing us to pack an even bigger punch.

Ah1z and t129 are dead deals sadly. Z10me seems like the most likely choice.
What you think of getting russian
Mi 28 they pack a punch

What you think of getting russian
Mi 28 they pack a punch
Possibly, but unlike the z10m, a certain neighbour would try to throw a spanner into the works. They already did it with the pantsirs (thats probably a God send tbh) they would do it with a mil mi28 deal

I was wondering why pakistan hasn't pursued mi 35 as replacement for Cobra. During cold war mi 24 it was the attack helicopter for soviet bloc and it was no slouch. It is well armed and can carry troops/supplies.

I was wondering why pakistan hasn't pursued mi 35 as replacement for Cobra. During cold war mi 24 it was the attack helicopter for soviet bloc and it was no slouch. It is well armed and can carry troops/supplies.
Because they play two different roles. MI-35 is armed troop carrier ( Bradford truck armed with ATGM and Rockets ) where as AH-1F is your armored Jeep Pajero armed with ATGM and Rockets.

Try driving both in dunes of mingora and see which is easy to maneuvers vs the other and which one is big / large and easy to hit.

Mi-24 was such a big target that once Stingers were introduced, they started to fly 10's of thousand feet high, there they lost the edge.

Because they play two different roles. MI-35 is armed troop carrier ( Bradford truck armed with ATGM and Rockets ) where as AH-1F is your armored Jeep Pajero armed with ATGM and Rockets.
AH-1S cobras are rickshaw with ATGM AND GUN

Try driving both in dunes of mingora and see which is easy to maneuvers vs the other and which one is big / large and easy to hit.

Mi-24 was such a big target that once Stingers were introduced, they started to fly 10's of thousand feet high, there they lost the edge.
Yep and the new-gen attack helicopters (e.g. AH-1Z, T129, Z-10ME) are different beasts entirely. They can carry ATGMs and, potentially, SRAAMs (which you can cue to a HMD/S). They also have ECM with DRFM. It's no understatement to say that if the PAA inducts any of those new platforms, the Air Combat Wing would be as sophisticated and intense as the PAF's fighter wing. Maybe a little more so because the gunship pilots have to balance the high-tech stack with manual operations (like looking at the ground, cueing the gun, etc) together. Imagine if they add air-to-air refueling too...

Yep and the new-gen attack helicopters (e.g. AH-1Z, T129, Z-10ME) are different beasts entirely. They can carry ATGMs and, potentially, SRAAMs (which you can cue to a HMD/S). They also have ECM with DRFM. It's no understatement to say that if the PAA inducts any of those new platforms, the Air Combat Wing would be as sophisticated and intense as the PAF's fighter wing. Maybe a little more so because the gunship pilots have to balance the high-tech stack with manual operations (like looking at the ground, cueing the gun, etc) together. Imagine if they add air-to-air refueling too...
The latest Apaches that Morocco just ordered even allows them to control UAVs and get target/video feeds from them directly in the cockpit. We are still stuck in the 80s in PAA

You reckon Pakistan could get its hands on something like a CIRCM, which could actively blind/shoot down missiles from MANPADS?

Or if we already have such a system?

It's something I'd really like to see in helicopters are larger MALE/HALE UCAVs, especially after seeing how vulnerable they are to heatseeking missiles.

Back
Top Bottom