What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

You reckon Pakistan could get its hands on something like a CIRCM, which could actively blind/shoot down missiles from MANPADS?

Or if we already have such a system?

It's something I'd really like to see in helicopters are larger MALE/HALE UCAVs, especially after seeing how vulnerable they are to heatseeking missiles.
Yep it can and probably will get its hands on it. This would come with all new helicopters. Heck, the PAA's T-129Bs were supposed to have DRFM ECM.

Yep it can and probably will get its hands on it. This would come with all new helicopters. Heck, the PAA's T-129Bs were supposed to have DRFM ECM.
I think things like these should be present on every aerial asset, even if the risk isn't there.

PAF wanted to pursue DEW for it's NGFA, maybe they could work with PAA and get a home-brewed CIRCM? Or would American's/West be willing to give it to us.
Because AFAIK our AW-139s don't have these, neither do we have a Chinese analogue of these on our Harbin's.

If the funds are released as this has no mention of release but changes to the authorization progress AND
Pakistan ops to use those funds and whatever else remains as balance is also payed.
I hope PAF will get big chunk as well

If the funds are released as this has no mention of release but changes to the authorization progress AND
Pakistan ops to use those funds and whatever else remains as balance is also payed.
Doesn't it say MAKE payments?

The authority to make payments. In plain words giving the ability dispense funds not guaranteed dispersal of funds.
With that said, there are few reasons to extend that authority unless there is some carrot and stick intended.
CSF stopped since Trump came into power also exit expenses
I wouldn’t keep my hopes up - Pakistan has no leverage to demand “fairness in payment”

The authority to make payments. In plain words giving the ability dispense funds not guaranteed dispersal of funds.
With that said, there are few reasons to extend that authority unless there is some carrot and stick intended.

I wouldn’t keep my hopes up - Pakistan has no leverage to demand “fairness in payment”
Let's see and Hope for good

CSF payments were never 100% blocked for Pakistan, they've been used to pay for certain military trainings and for some defence items over the years. I would not take it as an automatic sign that AH-1Zs have been cleared for Pakistan. This is simply an extension of Congress's authority to make the payments in Fiscal 22'.

And it clearly states within the bill that a sum of $60 Million will be made available under CSF vs $180M in 2021.

Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 12.36.30 AM.png

The same para was a part of Fiscal 21' Defense Authorization Act.

Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 12.32.39 AM.png

US$450M were made available under CSF in 2019, this is a clear draw-down.

Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 12.39.05 AM.png

Last edited:
WOW $60MM ... we can buy 1 F-16 with that ... maybe
BTW, how much is Pakistan paying for the storage fees for the AH-1Zs? Don't forget, those came out of the monies Pakistan had paid for those 28 birds when we were finally reimbursed with soybeans

WOW $60MM ... we can buy 1 F-16 with that ... maybe
BTW, how much is Pakistan paying for the storage fees for the AH-1Zs? Don't forget, those came out of the monies Pakistan had paid for those 28 birds when we were finally reimbursed with soybeans

And know PAA - they will pay the storage fees aswell. PAA should permanently wash their hands of the AH-1Zs forver.

Back
Top Bottom