What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

So than why were t129 selected over z10s

And why are hangers being built now? What was army doing before all this fiasco?

Never liked the t129 deal.. Thought it was too expensive...

Zulus will not replace all the cobras whats the plan for that? Life extension? Uograde? Used cobras for usa EDA? Z10s?
I will try to answer, from what little I know:

Initially Z10's were under powered, Z10ME is a serious upgrade, one which might make it to PAA after all.

T-129 were selected, because of the good financial terms, limited ToT (PAC would get to manufacture some parts, besides MRO capability) and the understanding that Pakistan will not only be a customer, but a partner in ATAK-2. Due to the refusal of the US to grant an export license for the T-129's engine, everything has ground to a halt.
https://www.defense-aerospace.com/a...elopment-of-the-atak_2-attack-helicopter.html

Zulus - for now, if just the initial 15 make it would be a blessing. From what I hear delivery has been pushed back to Sept / Oct tentatively. Covid-19 is creating havoc everywhere.

Cobras
- As of now there are no plans to upgrade, but is a possibility. Same goes for EDA, but depending on Z-10's performance, they could ultimately replace them. Given the strings with CSF, maybe more Zulus, after all you need to spend your CSF some where.

My guess is even if T129 base model doesn't come then the heavier ATAK will come with local engine.

Z10 didn't satisfy hot and high performance parameters. T129 has augusta westland dna which is famous for hot and high performance and mountain rescue.
I will try to answer, from what little I know:

Initially Z10's were under powered, Z10ME is a serious upgrade, one which might make it to PAA after all.

T-129 were selected, because of the good financial terms, limited ToT (PAC would get to manufacture some parts, besides MRO capability) and the understanding that Pakistan will not only be a customer, but a partner in ATAK-2. Due to the refusal of the US to grant an export license for the T-129's engine, everything has ground to a halt.
https://www.defense-aerospace.com/a...elopment-of-the-atak_2-attack-helicopter.html

Zulus - for now, if just the initial 15 make it would be a blessing. From what I hear delivery has been pushed back to Sept / Oct tentatively. Covid-19 is creating havoc everywhere.

Cobras
- As of now there are no plans to upgrade, but is a possibility. Same goes for EDA, but depending on Z-10's performance, they could ultimately replace them. Given the strings with CSF, maybe more Zulus, after all you need to spend your CSF some where.

Defected Soviet MI-24 Hind assault helicopter flying out of Multan. Its defection was arranged by Pakistan's Intelligence agency through friendly Afghan defectors.
EVz-PGhU8AYDPzk.jpg

4913553.jpg
Their sequence in which they are flying, AH1 first, then the bigger ones at the back,in 3-4 ship formation, strongly suggests that they are part of our 23 Mar JS Parade, They all just took of from Dhamial Airbase (runway partially visible below), time is also early morning.

Same aircraft prior to take-off at Dhamial.

Attachments

• 4913553.jpg
    4913553.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 41

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom