What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

very little know fact....elections held in 1970 in West Pakistan were very fair. However, things were different in East Pakistan where Justice Abdus Sattar ( A Bengali and later the President of Bangladesh), the then Head of Election Commission of Pakistan, had a strong leaning towards Sheikh Mujib ur Rehman and his party, allowed manipulation of the election process in the east wing that helped Mujib's party to sweep the elections. This and the fact that Bhashani was forced to sit out the elections led to the debacle of East Pakistan otherwise if there would have been free and fair elections as witnessed in West Pakistan and Bhashani would have been contesting the elections, Awami League would have not claimed so many seats. My 2C worth!!

Khan Saheb. This is a hugely erroneous post. Kindly refer to history before you make such accusations. This is the blackest part of the history of our Pakistan.
A
I respectfully disagree with u here. Imran bhai is right as far as "ghaddari" goes. I'm not denying the mistreatment of Bengalis. All that happened...all of that was wrong to do on part of west Pakistanis. However under no circumstances should a person conspire with the enemy to backstab his/her own country. Doing that is the very definition of "ghaddari". Injustices have happened everywhere in all ages...they are happening right now. There are many ways to tackle the problem that don't involve betraying ur country. If declaring azadi is the only answer when faced with injustices and discrimination then before long u will see each house declared a nation hoisting its own flag on the rooftop. In a way it was a mistake to start with...to bundle modern day Bangladesh with West Pak as one country bcuz so much difference existed between the two populations but that was the only choice back then. There existed better ways to go our different way than the path that was taken.

I respectfully disagree with u here. Imran bhai is right as far as "ghaddari" goes. I'm not denying the mistreatment of Bengalis. All that happened...all of that was wrong to do on part of west Pakistanis. However under no circumstances should a person conspire with the enemy to backstab his/her own country. Doing that is the very definition of "ghaddari". Injustices have happened everywhere in all ages...they are happening right now. There are many ways to tackle the problem that don't involve betraying ur country. If declaring azadi is the only answer when faced with injustices and discrimination then before long u will see each house declared a nation hoisting its own flag on the rooftop. In a way it was a mistake to start with...to bundle modern day Bangladesh with West Pak as one country bcuz so much difference existed between the two populations but that was the only choice back then. There existed better ways to go our different way than the path that was taken.
I think we need to discuss this but else where. What I objected to was a blanket label of ghaddari which is unjust. There were many factors in what happened and sheer stupidity on the part of Western PAkistani polity and Beaurocracy to not see what was coming. Even after all had gone wrong there was a salavageable situation. We did not avial it.However let us discuss it else where.
A

I think we need to discuss this but else where.
East Pakistan was an excellent area for air assault and airborne Ops along with Amphibious Ops. Had Pakistan a good fleet of transport helos and attack Gunships in 1971, things could have been different.

East Pakistan was an excellent area for air assault and airborne Ops along with Amphibious Ops. Had Pakistan a good fleet of transport helos and attack Gunships in 1971, things could have been different.
I think we need to discuss this else where. I am sure you are discussing the military aspect of the warfare which ensued. The position from my perspective is that there was no military solution to the situation vis a vis East Pakistan.It was a political situation and should have been resolved politically. Irrespective of what you say Mujeeb had the majority in the General elections. He should have been asked to form a Government and run the country. Instead we labelled him as a traitor when he was begging us to arrest him and extricate him from the hands of Mukti Bahini who had held him hostage. There was an interview carried out by a ggentleman from BBC whom I know fairly well and have a lot of respect for. He says Mujeeb had put a lot of points which were upto negotiations. So essentially the situation could have been resolved.
A

Pakistan Army Aviation Fleet
by Hamza Tariq,

41383699851_cae9dc26b8_h.jpg

I think we need to discuss this else where. I am sure you are discussing the military aspect of the warfare which ensued. The position from my perspective is that there was no military solution to the situation vis a vis East Pakistan.It was a political situation and should have been resolved politically. Irrespective of what you say Mujeeb had the majority in the General elections. He should have been asked to form a Government and run the country. Instead we labelled him as a traitor when he was begging us to arrest him and extricate him from the hands of Mukti Bahini who had held him hostage. There was an interview carried out by a ggentleman from BBC whom I know fairly well and have a lot of respect for. He says Mujeeb had put a lot of points which were upto negotiations. So essentially the situation could have been resolved.
A
Staying on topic, I am highlighting the much needed PAA attack and transport helis that could have helped in 1971 war in East-Pakistan. IA used helis to circumvent and by-pass "Niazi's fortresses".
I understand one type of weapon doesn't always win wars but PA doesn't give importance to different aspects of warfare like even now a dedicated airborne/air assault infantry formation (not SF) is missing. Armored formations don't have dedicated gunship squadrons.

It is evident that no army can win a war without majority support of population in any part of world as happened in Vietnam where huge resources were available to USA, same is case in Afghanistan. Pakistan lost the battle in East Pakistan when Indian moles entered in education system/ public service immediately after creation of Pakistan. When time was right the enemy made the calculated move.
In case of Baluchistan perhaps Pak organisations have played well to filter foreign moles and have used the carrot and stick policy which is successful and whole situation is in much control. Now is the time to recover the damage done by facilitating the local population of Baluchistan especially educated people.

It is evident that no army can win a war without majority support of population in any part of world as happened in Vietnam where huge resources were available to USA, same is case in Afghanistan. Pakistan lost the battle in East Pakistan when Indian moles entered in education system/ public service immediately after creation of Pakistan. When time was right the enemy made the calculated move.
In case of Baluchistan perhaps Pak organisations have played well to filter foreign moles and have used the carrot and stick policy which is successful and whole situation is in much control. Now is the time to recover the damage done by facilitating the local population of Baluchistan especially educated people.
Baluchistan conflict generated PAA's interest in AH-1's. 30 Iranian AH-1 were provided to Pakistan between 1973-76 to counter insurgency in Baluchistan.

Looks like more hinds are on the docket according to AFM Feb issue

Pakistan orders more Mi-35Ms
PAKISTAN HAS ordered a further five Mi-35M attack helicopters, according to the country’s army officers and Russian officials attending November’s International Defence Exhibition and Seminar (IDEAS) in Karachi.

The Mi-35Ms will reportedly join four examples previously ordered; these were originally believed to have been delivered to the Pakistan Army Aviation Corps by August 2017, but it appears they eventually arrived in the country last April before officially entering service in December.

The Pakistan Army’s Hind operating unit is 4 Army Aviation Squadron, based at Quetta Khalid in Balochistan. - Dave Allport

Don’t forget the genocide of the Muhajir communities in the East Pak for ethnic cleansing in a very systematic manner. The cruelty shown to them is beyond words. Not even babies weren’t spared. Forget about the other horrible stuffs. Once a Muhajir household was raided not a single soul remained alive after being subjected to inhuman torture. Communities after communities simply disappeared...

It all started on March 3, 1971 in a pre planned manner. When finally the Pak Army moved in on March 25, it was too late and too little. After December 16, it again resumed...

The ferocity of the Muhajir maiming and killing was so severe and shocking that the authorities claimed a complete news block. For they feared that a not a single Bengali folk would remain alive in the West Pak!!!

Some glimpses of it can be found in the way the BD soldiers used to kill their officers and torture their family members on a number of occasions...

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom