What's new

Pakistan Army Attack Helicopter option

Worth noting that the Rooivalk is in the heavy-weight range - like the AH-64 and Mi-28. Denel Aviation is reviving the Rooivalk program under the Mk2, which will retain the airframe, rotors, engine, etc but add new avionics and weapons. The Rooivalk shares the engine, rotors and other internals of the Super Puma, which is among the most widely built and affordable transport helicopters on the market.

Worth noting that the Rooivalk is in the heavy-weight range - like the AH-64 and Mi-28. Denel Aviation is reviving the Rooivalk program under the Mk2, which will retain the airframe, rotors, engine, etc but add new avionics and weapons. The Rooivalk shares the engine, rotors and other internals of the Super Puma, which is among the most widely built and affordable transport helicopters on the market.
There is a MoU between Airbus and Denel for Mk2 and the list of countries interested are; Egypt, Brazil, Nigeria, Poland and india.
http://australianaviation.com.au/2016/09/airbus-denel-sign-mou-for-rooivalk-upgrade/

Rooivalk still has Airbus factor whom are suppliers of components for this.

As far as I know Pakistan is mainly interested in T-129. There is no chance of South African helicopter coming. I mean attack helicopter. @Path-Finder

As far as I know Pakistan is mainly interested in T-129. There is no chance of South African helicopter coming. I mean attack helicopter. @Path-Finder
Hazrat @Zarvan there is nothing wrong with exploring this option, this helicopter has proven itself to be a very good machine in active deployment that Denel has started Rooivalk program again.

Hazrat @Zarvan there is nothing wrong with exploring this option, this helicopter has proven itself to be a very good machine in active deployment that Denel has started Rooivalk program again.
I agree with you but this is what I know I also want Army to test MI 28 helicopters also

I don't think it would be possible for Pakistan to join a attack helicopter program with any country other than south africa.

I don't think it would be possible for Pakistan to join a attack helicopter program with any country other than south africa.
Not gonna happen with South Africa. PAA is too rishk averse and time is not on our side. Think China first and Turkey second in that order. The US route is only going to be good for 15 choppers and PA will not go for more unless something changes drastically The Red bear is not playing ball with us so they are out barring some MI35s
A

Not gonna happen with South Africa. PAA is too rishk averse and time is not on our side. Think China first and Turkey second in that order. The US route is only going to be good for 15 choppers and PA will not go for more unless something changes drastically The Red bear is not playing ball with us so they are out barring some MI35s
A
well...there goes any hope for a local helicopter industry.

There is a MoU between Airbus and Denel for Mk2 and the list of countries interested are; Egypt, Brazil, Nigeria, Poland and india.
http://australianaviation.com.au/2016/09/airbus-denel-sign-mou-for-rooivalk-upgrade/

Rooivalk still has Airbus factor whom are suppliers of components for this.
Yea, but PAA is an Airbus Helicopters customer (H125 Fennec), and the MoDP even expressed interest in Romania's Puma production line, which is now an Airbus H215 Super Puma line. Airbus doesn't seem to be as bent as Eurocopter in backing the Tiger, the recent Denel-Airbus MoU is a positive sign.

I'd look at it a little differently ... the Rooivalk and T-129 are in different classes. The T-129 is a medium-weight design optimized for high-altitude conditions and hot-and-high performance. The Rooivalk is a heavy-weight helicopter - like the Apache and Mi-28NE - meant for hot environments. One would buy the Rooivalk Mk2 to counter the Apache.

Yea, but PAA is an Airbus Helicopters customer (H125 Fennec), and the MoDP even expressed interest in Romania's Puma production line, which is now an Airbus H215 Super Puma line. Airbus doesn't seem to be as bent as Eurocopter in backing the Tiger, the recent Denel-Airbus MoU is a positive sign.

I'd look at it a little differently ... the Rooivalk and T-129 are in different classes. The T-129 is a medium-weight design optimized for high-altitude conditions and hot-and-high performance. The Rooivalk is a heavy-weight helicopter - like the Apache and Mi-28NE - meant for hot environments. One would buy the Rooivalk Mk2 to counter the Apache.
Although according to friend no way in near future Pakistan would have less than 100 attack helicopters if that is really the case than we may see this beast in Pakistan but which ever beast comes it's time we get them with TOT and produce them in Pakistan.

I never understood one thing how did Romania get the production line for the Puma? PAA operates Puma as well and now it is interested in the production line which is a positive sign. As for rooivalk project being revived could that heli be as customizable as our JF17 for example as in one can add systems to it for their own needs. could be why things are getting cozy with SA.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom