What's new

Pakistan and the U.S.: A new beginning?

The transit route fees are only one aspect of the overall substantial funds that flow from USA to Pakistan. If those fees go up, then something else might get reduced, so the overall impact is minimal to the bottom line. How can Pakistan benefit from any increase in transit route fees, when the real problem continues to be internal leakage and squandering of funds, regardless of the amounts?

Again, none of this auditable and verifiable.

A large chunk of the alleged funds is meant to be aid, if aid has strings attached it's blackmail, not aid.

Secondly, there's no real refutation of not having much higher transit fees other than give in to us demands because they can hurt you in other ways.

Again, none of this auditable and verifiable.

A large chunk of the alleged funds is meant to be aid, if aid has strings attached it's blackmail, not aid.

Secondly, there's no real refutation of not having much higher transit fees other than give in to us demands because they can hurt you in other ways.

I think you are confusing "aid" which is directed towards specific goals in line with national policies, with "charity" which is done for its own sake.

I am not refuting higher transit fees. I wish Pakistan good luck, and indeed success, with whatever it can get to its benefit. Go for it!

I think you are confusing "aid" which is directed towards specific goals in line with national policies, with "charity" which is done for its own sake.

I am not refuting higher transit fees. I wish Pakistan good luck, and indeed success, with whatever it can get to its benefit. Go for it!

Then if it's in line with us goals why would they spite themselves and remove it.

And all you have been doing is giving various scenarios of why Pakistan should not pursue higher rates in a monopoly Market, a negative position.

Then if it's in line with us goals why would they spite themselves and remove it.

And all you have been doing is giving various scenarios of why Pakistan should not pursue higher rates in a monopoly Market, a negative position.

US aid will continue to Pakistan for the foreseeable future.

With regards to Pakistan's push for higher rates for the supply routes, the die is cast: it has played its hand and now waiting to see how it fares. Both sides will jockey for the best deal, summoning all the leverages afforded to each.

Who wants apologies ?(people) The leaders will allow if their pockets are filled and Pakistan gets an increase in aid .

After 2014 who will pay for Afghan army's need for fuel and will they get it through Pakistan ?
So even if USA leaves Afghanistan in major numbers in 2013, still there be need for transit for three hundred thousand western paid new Afghan army through Pakistan .

So Pakistan has more value then its getting from west , they must be playing bluff with Pakistan to get cheap deal.

I would rather call this new beginning a way of destruction of Pakistan, any decision taken by these corrupt politicians is always going to be a danger for Pakistan because these politicians are simply incompetent & spineless politicians who live & work the corrupt way only for dollars.

Wise can never get cheated from someone two times, usa has always used, betrayed us
We should just break tradition of begging and stay away from part of any proxy war
The sooner we eliminate corruption, increase our revenue the better we in bargaining position
We can not allow such dangerous material from our country for just few million us dollars, just calculate the damage and suffering we are going through being part of this partnership in international terrorism, we just received few billions and our loss is in many hundred billions

Back
Top Bottom