What's new

Pakistan And The SU-35 Saga Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any possibility this Su35 saga will morph into a Su57 or Su75 saga?

Any possibility this Su35 saga will morph into a Su57 or Su75 saga?
I think we would go with the Chinese 5th generation if anything, since we are leaning that way for most of our equipment so why switch it to Russian suddenly

After the initial batch Su-35 Russia sold to China, China refused to purchase more due to J10C's consistently beat Su-35. It's hard to find a place for Su-35's in PLAAF
Like S400 they are deployed at FTTC (Flight Test and Training Centre) and have been instrumental in combat training especially in drilling our pilots on TVC-related WVR combat skills.

In so far as buying American fighter aircraft is concerned, it would be point blank suicidal for Pakistan. America, by definition is a state that uses it's weapons sales to other countries as a means of holding those countries as political hostage. CAATSA is what is best described in the Italian language as Cazzo (the f word) for any country that seeks to implement an independent foreign and domestic policy.

Isn't used particularly for S-400 purchase. I don't think it has to influenced for SU-35 against others. There can be some arm twisting but not CAATSA.

Pakistan should acquire limited Su-35s, To break the barrier of high tech weapon transfer between Russia and Pakistan. Plus it fulfills many other requirement.

Meanwhile wait for Chinese J-31 to fully mature.

PAF will not risk American restrictions for F16 spares or future opportunities of updates on cost of SU35.

Secondly PAF in not going to consider any non AESA bird for future

I think there place is in a PLAAF airbase near Gwadar :D

You had me thinking which Chinese airfield is Gwadar bordering India. :undecided: Because Su-35 is not AESA-equipped, I'd think it can't be deployed on China's eastern front. Su-35 still holds an edge against India's Su-30 or anything non-Rafael.

Su-35 for Maritime role make sense.
Pakistan has 700km shore based range anti ship missile Babur-1B and for that sort of range, data link is needed between the missile and an aircraft in the area.
Only jf-17 can do that, because Pakistan has full freedom of integrating any weapon.
Russians won't allow that ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom