What's new

Pakistan and Israel

If Arabs have improved relations with Israel, so why not Pakistan. Pakistan and Israel have a lot in common and can have relations for mutual benefit.

Pakistan and Israel have a lot in common.

Pakistan and Israel are the only two states established based on religious identity and ideology.

This is the only reason why good relationship is difficult between Pakistan & Israel.

Pakistan and Israel have a lot in common.

Shortly after WWII the people of Pakistan and Israel fled persecution and violence. The Pakistanis fleeing the savage Hindus and Sikhs, The Jews fleeing the Holocaust and pogroms of Europe. Both nations were established a few years after WWII.

Soon as independence both Pakistanis and Israelis were forced into War both fought ferociously for what both believed in. Pakistan and Israel are the only two states established based on religious identity and ideology. Both nations patriotic and pro-military.

Both nations also have large enemie(s) to the East fighting numerically superior forces. Both fight enemies which are many times larger than themselves and both have managed to defend and survive time after time.

Whether you are an angry Pakistani who hates Israel or whether you are an angry Israeli that hates Pakistan

All I ask is that you respect this shared and common history.

Such great words came out of you i admire that in you and so true as well i personally have no prob's with jews infact have few friends that are american jews and even some old friends from college which were israeli and we got all just fine .. i sure hope that soon one day we can live in peace what you have stated today really should open some eyes and ears thankyou for the wonderful underlined post and mind you we are not all haters GOD bless you.

This is the only reason why good relationship is difficult between Pakistan & Israel.

Your opinion is incorrect. Pakistan already has back door diplomatic relations with Israel for the last 10+ years and the relations continue to improve. Though Indians would like the Pakistan-Israel relations to not improve, but that is not something Indians are in a position to decide.

How absurd, India never had or has any intention to not allow Israel Pakistan friendship, as a matter of fact who are we to enforce such decision on them?:lol:
It would be in our interest if you have good relations with Israel and with us also, but you guys keep shying away with one or the other pretext.

Finally lets see how long your new found love for Israel lasts, I bet you all would be the first to start accusing and abusing it for no reason or fault of its.

As a pre requisite to friendship start developing faith and trust in your friends believe what all they do is correct, and dont just get carried away by emotions and start throwing tantrums.

Your opinion is incorrect. Pakistan already has back door diplomatic relations with Israel for the last 10+ years and the relations continue to improve. Though Indians would like the Pakistan-Israel relations to not improve, but that is not something Indians are in a position to decide.
Let us see on that shall we? Politically you can never have ties with Israel for the fear of internal backlash. Turkey a far more modern and liberal country than Pakistan is on collision course with them. It would be a miracle if you can secure an open handshake with them.

Give all the try you got. We don't mind watching.

Hi guys I am a new member here. I've been reading a lot of forum posts over the last few weeks and I have finally decided to become a member. It's an honour to be a part of your community!

@TOPIC

well although it is also one of the reasons.but still you you allocate way more on defense than is required and because of you we also remain poor.

I beg to differ pak-yes, India's military expenditure as percentage of GDP in 2008 was approximately 2.5% as opposed to Pakistan's 3.3%.

I was going to post a link but I'am not allowed since I am a new member but you can always google "military expenditure as percentage of GDP" if you want.

Thank you in advance! :)

I love how so many Pakistanis are wishing & wanting to improve relations with Israel.

Its like a begrudging RESPECT & definitely fear of the impressive Israeli military and technology capability.

Wat irks the Pakistanis most s that the Israeli are india biggest military partner after Russia and more than happy to aid india in any war situation thru hitech weaopons supplies, and war fighting techniques and satalite real time intel.

There are over 150 nations in the world that Pakistan could discuss improving relations with.

YET every single PAK DEFENSE forum talks about how can we get closer o Israel.

" This is wat i call respect" of a powerful nation

the only issue is Palestine, sir.

it's nothing personal

though in the past there have been incidents which made aspects personal.....we sent pilots to Arab Air Forces to shoot down israeli aircrafts; and israelis were considering a plot (which could have seen fruition had it not been for our armed forces and intelligence services which picked up the signals) to destroy or disable Khan Research Labs

its just politics; it is the qaum that delves itself on emotion

I am not ashamed to admit that once Palestine issue (as well as Golan Heights/Shebba Farms issues) are solved fairly --which i dont see happening anytime soon -- Pakistan should by all means open diplomatic/military relations with israel

again --- nothing personal. They arent necessarily an ENEMY of Pakistan, though they are arming some of our adversaries

Like i said Abu.

Its Israel massive multui billion $$$$ defense deals in the last 5-10 years that are worrying the Pakistanis.

It is a fear factor.

The israelis have the most powerful military in the entire middle east.

They are india,s strategic military ally.

Why is there no thread opened about relations with Nepal, or Burma, or Yemen. They are all far closer to the indo pak region.

ITS FEAR and respect of the highly intelligent well equipped ISRAELI MILITARY

OF COURSE ITS PERSONAL

Wat irks the Pakistanis most s that the Israeli are india biggest military partner after Russia

" This is wat i call respect" of a powerful nation

on the contrary my son.. it actually irks the likes of you that why there is even a discussion in Pakistan about recognising Israel

its a pitty that being a citizen of such a populous and big country people like you have a very tiny heart.

like already pointed out to your dimwitted self its not thing personal, its business stupid. what Israel is doing with you is not out of your love of Holy cow but how they can use you to their advantage

another point to note my son is that they are even a bigger partner to China.. that would really causes "irritable bowel syndrome" to Indian establishment

the problem is their unfair treatement of Palestine. once that is resolved its all sweet

oh by the way, Muslims and Jews have a very similar religion and have same eating preferences so dont cry a river. like Egypt, Turkey and Jordon are also friends with Israel and that again is not out of Bollywoood love that you are fantasizing my simpleton child... its practical and pure business.

Pakistan and Israel are already in contact via back channels. some of our agriculture produce like fruits already make their way to Israel. once the Jewsish state and Palestine find a workable solution then our relations will go even further

Do I really need to bust your military realtions boast? really?
my son they have far more and extensive military cooperation with China.. India is a new kid in the block dont get too excited.
its not Bollywood love story its reality its business stupid.

sleep tight my child:lol:

Like i said Abu.

Its Israel massive multui billion $$$$ defense deals in the last 5-10 years that are worrying the Pakistanis

keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night.......the average Pakistani could care damn less what they do

it is the actions against Palestinians and other neighbours that perturbs Pakistanis. That is a moral standpoint. Kind of like how Pakistanis feel when Kashmiris are killed and humiliated by indian occupational forces (sissies)

It is a fear factor.

The israelis have the most powerful military in the entire middle east.

Pakistan isn't even in the middle east

They are india,s strategic military ally.

business is business; why should i blink an eye

Why is there no thread opened about relations with Nepal, or Burma, or Yemen. They are all far closer to the indo pak region.

maybe there aren't, maybe there are.....And if not, feel free to open such a thread then

ITS FEAR and respect of the highly intelligent well equipped ISRAELI MILITARY

again, keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better......reality on the ground is much different

by the way, weren't these highly intelligent & well equipped forces being manhandled by unarmed civilian activists on Mavi Marmara?

(lets not even talk about Hezbollah ops in 2006)

:what::what::what:

injured+Israeli+commando+reacts+as+he+struggles+with+a+pro-Palestinian+activist+on+the+Gaza-bound+Turkish+ship+Mavi+Marmara+in+the+international+waters+of+the+Mediterranean+Sea+early+May+31,+2010.jpg

OF COURSE ITS PERSONAL

only if you are an overly-emotional and sensitive person ;)

63 Pages of Pakistan & Israel.

ITS OBVIOUSLY A VERY HOT TOPIC.

For sure! By the way my idea of it is Israel starting a fight with pakistan without a reason Since Israel is much stronger than any country near it .I think Israel can win.But the diffrence that pakistan makes is the population.Pakistan has near 200million population that Israel has one near 8 million.So if we consider that "NONE" country helps pakistan and israel Pakistan would win.But with an allied war i'd be worried about pakistan.

Why is it so difficult for you to accept that people can have good ties with us without having to police around the world for religion? I know it is frustrating but frustration cannot be washed away with false knowledge and lies.

Bhutan and Nepal to us are the same as what Oman, UAE, Kuwait etc are to Saudi or what Turkey is for you guys. We have same cultural, customary and traditional concepts as they do which is why Bhutan and Nepal are the only 2 countries that have Open Border policy with us.

Trust me; I am Bhutanese from my mother's side. I would know what it is like to be on either side of the border. India doesn't hold anyone "by the b****". We simply have ties so deep that even a few quarrels don't really matter to us much. After all, siblings also fight don't they.

If anything Nepal/Bhutan is to us what Afghanistan is to them. All that the Pakistanis share with the Arabs and Turks is religion. I've yet to come across an Arab who can find any common ground with a Pakistani besides Islam of course. Our Pakistani friends have sought to differentiate themselves from us and over the course of history that definition has led to an ever increasing emphasis on religion, hence the 'tilt' towards middle east. In practical terms, barring the scant few who live in KP and Balochistan, they have a lot more in common with us than they can ever hope to have with anyone else. Nepal and Bhutan on the other hand have been our neighbors for centuries, our ties date back thousands of years with shared language, culture and traditions.

When it comes to Israel and Pakistan, Pakistan simply can't risk establishing ties with the Israelis because of the backlash they'll face from the Arab world. Israel too would never indulge in a strategic partnership with Pakistan, or any other Muslim nation (for the foreseeable future).

Edit: Turkey of course is a NATO member, so they're the obvious exception.

Back
Top Bottom