What's new

Pakistan and Azerbaijan will purchase Cirit and UMTAS

Nope, i wont believe a single word untill i see some contracts signed between officials. It isnt the first time we had news like these, hyping people up just to disappoint them later on.

Cirit actually makes a lot of economic sense too, I mean why use expensive ATGMs to target militants which are also over kill for the purpose when cirit can do the job at a fraction of the cost.

brother there are UMTAS and OMTAS. Which PA thinks to aquire is UMTAS which's the Long Range variant. But it says. It's been a long time that Pakistani Army delegation has been in talks with Roketsan at the facilities in Turkey. It says the talks are still ongoing. But Roketsan says, a deal is likely to be occured

I can see what we are trying to do. Get UMTAS TOT ~ integrate them with our Cobras and the new ATAKs plus Citirs.

Do you know when OMTAS (Man portable ATGM) will be ready? - I believe it will be a good buy for Pakistan too.

I can see what we are trying to do. Get UMTAS TOT ~ integrate them with our Cobras and the new ATAKs plus Citirs.

Do you know when OMTAS (Man portable ATGM) will be ready? - I believe it will be a good buy for Pakistan too.
Do you really think This is possible?

It would have made more sense if Turkey and Pakistan didnt cancelled their MoU for overhauling and upgrading cobras with modern Avionics, i think the integration would be much smoother for UMTAS and Cirit. Its just a cost-effective solution overal and should last the cobras for atleast a decade longer or maybe even beyond that.

Cobras have been upgraded recently by KARF/ AMF

tests are ongoing, probably it'll enter into service at 2015. Depends on UMTAS's success.

Which variant of Umtas for Pakistan are we talking?

I don't know which variant Pakistan is negotiating to acquire but You know There are;

Fire and Forget option : IIR-UMTAS
Lazer based cheaper variant: L-UMTAS

L-UMTAS with IR seeker option
LUMTAS_zpsffbb6f3f.jpg

UMTAS warhead variants
LUMTAS-2_zps260573ef.jpg

Now Turkey proliferate ATGW which are Capable of knocking out M1 Abrahams, Challenger-2 or Merkava in ME !

KARF/AMF ?
In house or US upgrades?

KARF/AMF = Pakistan

I don't know which variant Pakistan is negotiating to acquire but You know There are;

Fire and Forget option : IIR-UMTAS
Lazer based cheaper variant: L-UMTAS

L-UMTAS with IR seeker option
LUMTAS_zpsffbb6f3f.jpg

UMTAS warhead variants
LUMTAS-2_zps260573ef.jpg

Must be the FnF version.. We already produce longer ranger laser guided variant of Baktar Shikan ATGM..

Back
Top Bottom