What's new

Pakistan Airforce's Game Changing Moment - "JF-17" Thunder

I wonder what will happen to block 1 jf17s and block 2 once block 3 will enter serial production and induction. I read somewhere or may be here that b2 can be upgraded to b3. Kinda lame question but would appreciate if someone answer it

we can sell them to countries looking to upgrade their air force at reasonable price

Hi,

The most important thing about having your own package---which is Data Linked---the enemy does not know what it is facing---.

It may know that it is the JF17---but what BLK and what capabilities it has---that would be a question mark---.

When all the aircraft are data linked and the lead aircraft has the ability to target enemy aircraft and lock and launch weapons from from other aircrafts in the flight---.

It then really does not make any difference what upgrades are there or not in the JF17---as long as it flies---carries the needed weapons---and its weapons are being launched with success by a lead entity---.

This is something india will learn in the next confrontation.

What type of Anti Tank Cluster munitions should be fitted on JF-17 ?
JF-17 is fitted with Hijara anti-armour cluster bomb

JF-17 with 2 Hijara Cluster Bombs [roll out of First locally manufactured JF-17] 23-11-2009.jpg

Hi,

The most important thing about having your own package---which is Data Linked---the enemy does not know what it is facing---.

It may know that it is the JF17---but what BLK and what capabilities it has---that would be a question mark---.

When all the aircraft are data linked and the lead aircraft has the ability to target enemy aircraft and lock and launch weapons from from other aircrafts in the flight---.

It then really does not make any difference what upgrades are there or not in the JF17---as long as it flies---carries the needed weapons---and its weapons are being launched with success by a lead entity---.

block III is going to reveal a lot more, there is going to be more than to swallow by the enemy as added punch assisted with data link to surprise in almost every warfare scenario. just wait for the block III to start with induction.

block III is going to reveal a lot more, there is going to be more than to swallow by the enemy as added punch assisted with data link to surprise in almost every warfare scenario. just wait for the block III to start with induction.
Much as I am tempted to accept your assertion, however, I am compelled to humbly request an intimation about it's source.

Is it inside info, educated guess or just gut feeling?

Your response would be appreciated.

Appears? Why would it be bigger?

So basically you are guessing??? Why would you do that ??
Because one problem the PAF is trying to address is the JF-17's low loiter time and long duration CAP missions. I recall reading somewhere that PAF is considering switching from the RD-93 to the more fuel efficient FADEC RD-33MK whereas both engines are same however the gearbox is moved in the RD-33 to allow it to fit in JF-17.
The same issue may exist trying to fit the WS-13A or other engines under consideration in the current fuselage.
My guess was out of excitement to see if we are going to get better engines in the JF-17.Like I said, I have low knowledge about aircraft but have interest and I think that forums are a way to get one to acquire some interesting knowledge about facts by asking questions but it seems that PDF has more members that like to instantly squish any curiosity.
Thanks for your input so far. Please no need to reply any further. I will certainly not bore you by trying to reply to you any further.I will continue to read other members posts.

Because one problem the PAF is trying to address is the JF-17's low loiter time and long duration CAP missions.

Considering the width and length of the Pakistan's region, close proximity of AFBs while MRTT already in service, i dont see if that is a problem. Use of fuel tanks and MER for weapon carriage is also there.

@Pakistan Ka Beta @Muslim Warrior

Well stated folks

alhamdulillah.jpg

Success after success..... one after another

• Timing for program was right
  • Planners made choices right time 15-20 years ago at right time
  • Great collaboration with China
  • Technology integration
  • More advance tech added from Turkey
  • The Engineering Crew keeping up the standards and Fantastic effort on ground

Just fantastic

Last edited:
Now, I just want to see JF-17s armed with 600km range Ra'ad IIs cruise missiles :D

What a sight would that be!

Now, I just want to see JF-17s armed with 600km range Ra'ad IIs cruise missiles :D

What a sight would that be!
Ra'ad II will have to be re designed as its not possible to fit it under JF-17 belly. Secondly, its not the priority of PAF right now and thirdly, if it being redesigned than probably it is going to take few years.

Back
Top Bottom