ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan Airforce's Game Changing Moment - "JF-17" Thunder

GRAND 10 YEAR Anniversary

10th-anniversary-cake.jpg

jf-17-wip-textures-oct2019-02.jpg

It was just after 1999 , and Pakistan had been sanctioned after being a long term supporter of peace and prosperity in Afghanistan. For most people in Pakistan , it was a shock , considering , Pakistan was a general helpful nation in term of Global viewpoint on Afghanistan. Yet Pakistan was now on the wrong side of Sanctions.

The 1985 Pressler Amendment, had been quietly initiated in USA which impacted Pakistan's national Defense needs even after being a long term supporter of Global Peace missions
https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/taliban/pakistan/uspolicychart.html

However these moments , Pakistan really was forced to examine the reality that for their own National Defense they need to continually improve their own Local Means to acquire weapons for soul purpose of National Defense.

During this time period the Thinkers in Pakistan initiated a Program to Give rise to the Joint Fighter 17 Program , As Pakistan was dealing with the reality of aging Mirage V fleet which was a wonderful platform in 70's but but the 2000's the age on the craft was beginning to show their impact.

Fast Forward , 2010 , Pakistan was flying JF17 , all it took was a realization that we needed to get something done in 80's and eventually with in 20 years we had our first Major Fighter Jet program.

Today almost 135+ Thunders , guard the Skies of Pakistan , from the Deserts of Balochistan to the Peaks of Pakistani Himalayas

135+ , JF17 Block II
post-16-0-06454200-1434369896-692x360.jpg

upload_2020-6-20_13-30-40.png

upload_2020-6-20_13-32-34.png

JF17-2-SQUADRON.jpg

Today , I think we can firmly say that JF-17 has helped with Modernization drive of Pakistan Airforce to a great degree almost modernizing 35% of fleet with new Units which are on Par with the F16 C/D level , while the F16 Fleet has been modernized with Block C/D upgrade

In the Year 2020 , JF-17 Thunders are set to fly a new mile stone , which will keep the enemy , twitching and turning in their sleep , with the now much talked about JF-17 Block 2 and JF17-Block 3 reaching next mile stones it is only a matter of time when we will see the next break out story , about the JF17 Thunder Program

Crossing the 150 Thunder barrier will be a great ambitious goal , but it would be even sweeter to see more JF17-Block2B And JF17-Block III arriving

Made in Pakistan :pakistan:
img-20160918-004744-700_orig.jpg

Last edited:
but it would be even sweeter to see more JF17-Block2B And JF17-Block III arriving

This aircraft is a very special aviation project in hearts , not only for the Pakistani nation, but also for a huge geography consisting of nearly 2 billion people and dozens of states. I cant wait that this beautiful bird will fly at Azerbaijan skies. I hope one day we can see it also with TurAF raundel.

I wonder what will happen to block 1 jf17s and block 2 once block 3 will enter serial production and induction. I read somewhere or may be here that b2 can be upgraded to b3. Kinda lame question but would appreciate if someone answer it

I wonder what will happen to block 1 jf17s and block 2 once block 3 will enter serial production and induction. I read somewhere or may be here that b2 can be upgraded to b3. Kinda lame question but would appreciate if someone answer it
one of the key design point was that thunder will be easy to upgrade . we have some 50 years experience of upgrading after all sir .

I do not think that older fuselages can be upgraded to block 3. I am a lay person so please excuse my ignorance, but just by looking at the pictures it seems to me that it is not only a matter of avionics/electronics but a new fuselage is needed also for Block 3.
Shed some light plz.

2020 has been fairly quiet year for Airforce, it is good habit to continue to add to the Thunder's news on a yearly manner, otherwise people forget we have our goals and plans for Thunder Block III

Trivia
On 18 February 2010, the first JF-17 squadron, No. 26 Black Spiders, was officially inducted into the PAF with an initial strength of 14 fighter planes

Thunderversary.png

Last edited:
I do not think that older fuselages can be upgraded to block 3. I am a lay person so please excuse my ignorance, but just by looking at the pictures it seems to me that it is not only a matter of avionics/electronics but a new fuselage is needed also for Block 3.
Shed some light plz.
until now we see some minor changes visible and they can be adopted easily sir . wait for block 3 to come out fully then we can see full changes , but your idea of fuselage is wrong boss they can be converted easily to block-3 and they must keep it in mind when they were making block-1 and 2 .

Hi,

They all will be upgraded and some have already been---.
The JF17 is a unique product in its design and cost effective utility---.

Cost effective utility in the form---that after you finish with its first stage of life---it makes for an easy option to get a new BLK---which keeps the industry rolling and refurbish the older blk and sell it to other countries---which at this time are none---and that also keeps another segments of people working---..

No one wants a war during Covid 19---other than the US and India---

Last edited:

It was just after 1999 , and Pakistan had been sanctioned after being a long term supporter of peace and prosperity in Afghanistan. For most people in Pakistan , it was a shock , considering , Pakistan was a general helpful nation in term of Global viewpoint on Afghanistan. Yet Pakistan was now on the wrong side of Sanctions.

The 1985 Pressler Amendment, had been quietly initiated in USA which impacted Pakistan's national Defense needs even after being a long term supporter of Global Peace missions

However these moments , Pakistan really was forced to examine the reality that for their own National Defense they need to continually improve their own Local Means to acquire weapons for soul purpose of National Defense.

During this time period the Thinkers in Pakistan initiated a Program to Give rise to the Joint Fighter 17 Program , As Pakistan was dealing with the reality of aging Mirage V fleet which was a wonderful platform in 70's but but the 2000's the age on the craft was beginning to show their impact.

Fast Forward , 2010 , Pakistan was flying JF17 , all it took was a realization that we needed to get something done in 80's and eventually with in 20 years we had our first Major Fighter Jet program.

Today almost 135+ Thunders , guard the Skies of Pakistan , from the Deserts of Balochistan to the Peaks of Pakistani Himalayas

135+ , JF17 Block II

View attachment 643284

View attachment 643286

View attachment 643287

Today , I think we can firmly say that JF-17 has helped with Modernization drive of Pakistan Airforce to a great degree almost modernizing 35% of fleet with new Units which are on Par with the F16 C/D level , while the F16 Fleet has been modernized with Block C/D upgrade

In the Year 2020 , JF-17 Thunders are set to fly a new mile stone , which will keep the enemy , twitching and turning in their sleep , with the now much talked about JF-17 Block 2 and JF17-Block 3 reaching next mile stones it is only a matter of time when we will see the next break out story , about the JF17 Thunder Program

Crossing the 150 Thunder barrier will be a great ambitious goal , but it would be even sweeter to see more JF17-Block2B And JF17-Block III arriving

Alhamdulillah :smitten:

135+ , JF17 Block II

View attachment 643284

View attachment 643286

View attachment 643287

Alhamdulilah ... Btw block 3 shall be in production soon insha'Allah ... So is there any intention for block 4?

The JF17 allows PAF to field over 220 modern BVR platforms backed by the largest AEW&C force in South Asia, co-ordinated by an integrated air defense system that is also supported by a modern SAM network.

Something, IAF learnt to their cost...
Very well said

Back
Top Bottom