What's new

Pakistan Air Force Transport

I imagine Bangladesh will pick them up.

That is a lot of transport for Bangladesh, a hell of a lot. It's geography dictates that for most transport tasks rail and road would be more efficient (as opposed to time loading and unloading at an airport) and they have very few foreign commitments or even airborne forces.

My guess is India, Canada or Germany unless PAF jumps in

The J variants are v.v.v. expensive to maintain, which is why the RAF is getting rid of them ( silly decision imho .... ), so i dont see how PAF or BAF and procure and maintain them given how much infrastructure and training is required.

RAF will be getting rid of all supporting infrastructure aswell, so an air arm can buy the whole ecosystem rather than starting from scrath alone..

IAF can as they already operate this variant.... it is the simplest way for them to uptick their transport capabilities.

Kosher.

1616511520881.png

That is a lot of transport for Bangladesh, a hell of a lot. It's geography dictates that for most transport tasks rail and road would be more efficient (as opposed to time loading and unloading at an airport) and they have very few foreign commitments or even airborne forces.

My guess is India, Canada or Germany unless PAF jumps in
Baf has a requirement of 12-15 transport aircrafts...they recently bought 5 ex raf c130js and one ex usaf c130h... I guess 2/3 more won't hurt :p

The J variants are v.v.v. expensive to maintain, which is why the RAF is getting rid of them ( silly decision imho .... ), so i dont see how PAF or BAF and procure and maintain them given how much infrastructure and training is required.

RAF will be getting rid of all supporting infrastructure aswell, so an air arm can buy the whole ecosystem rather than starting from scrath alone..

IAF can as they already operate this variant.... it is the simplest way for them to uptick their transport capabilities.
Fun fact, but our Saab 2000s use the same engines as the C-130J. So, technically speaking, we already have some familiarity (and maybe even MRO for those engines) in place.

If not for "issues" I'm sure the PAF would've been happy acquiring the LM-100J with some minor modifications. IMO those aircraft wouldn't cost more than $120 m each all-in. However, if not for "issues" we'd have dozens of EDA F-16s, dozens of UH-60s, the AH-1Zs, etc too.

The US isn't sanctioning us, sure, but it's definitely reserving its right to say "no" when and where it wants.

Baf has a requirement of 12-15 transport aircrafts...they recently bought 5 ex raf c130js and one ex usaf c130h... I guess 2/3 more won't hurt :p

Yeah, but RAF selling 14 planes. Pretty sure that maybe a bit too much for BAF, they will have other spending priorities rather then an oversized transport fleet

Fun fact, but our Saab 2000s use the same engines as the C-130J. So, technically speaking, we already have some familiarity (and maybe even MRO for those engines) in place.

If not for "issues" I'm sure the PAF would've been happy acquiring the LM-100J with some minor modifications. IMO those aircraft wouldn't cost more than $120 m each all-in. However, if not for "issues" we'd have dozens of EDA F-16s, dozens of UH-60s, the AH-1Zs, etc too.

The US isn't sanctioning us, sure, but it's definitely reserving its right to say "no" when and where it wants.
How much life will left in these Js by RAF

so i dont see how PAF or BAF and procure and maintain them given how much infrastructure and training is required.
Baf recently bought 5 ex raf c130j and had them upgraded by Marshall adg. Marshall will setup local presence in the form of a service centre or will work inside a BAF base to support the C-130J fleet.
Yeah, but RAF selling 14 planes. Pretty sure that maybe a bit too much for BAF, they will have other spending priorities rather then an oversized transport fleet
Obviously...we cant afford 14 planes together..I'm talking about grabbing 2/3

For what it's worth, the BAF AHQ asked for a budget for fighter aircraft. I'm sure there's a 50:50 chance that, somehow, that money ends up going into 14 more C-130Js... @Bilal9

Back
Top Bottom