What's new

Pakistan Air Force Transport

For what it's worth, the BAF AHQ asked for a budget for fighter aircraft. I'm sure there's a 50:50 chance that, somehow, that money ends up going into 14 more C-130Js... @Bilal9

That would be strange. Bangladesh has little or no foreign commitments and no plans to large airborne deployments. Would be a waste of money and manpower to have so many planes sitting on the tarmac.

IAF may well push for these planes.

For what it's worth, the BAF AHQ asked for a budget for fighter aircraft. I'm sure there's a 50:50 chance that, somehow, that money ends up going into 14 more C-130Js... @Bilal9

We may get few more c-130J to replaced our old c-130 and supplement existing fleet but very unlikely we will go for 14 c-130J. For fighter aircraft it seems our Airforce priorities western fighter probably typhoon.

We may get few more c-130J to replaced our old c-130 and supplement existing fleet but very unlikely we will go for 14 c-130J. For fighter aircraft it seems our Airforce priorities western fighter probably typhoon.

I would of actually put down BD as first export customer for J-10...

I would of actually put down BD as first export customer for J-10...
Not to get too off-topic, but I think the BAF will go Western all the way. They shouldn't have any difficulty getting the financing or even industrial offsets (albeit in non-defence industries) to get a deal going.

IMO, Bangladesh ought to start with the JAS-39E/F and, in parallel, slot themselves into the KAI KFX. They'd use near-identical engines (GE F414), offer fleet-wide supercruising, and the same weapons set (e.g., MBDA Meteor, SCALP, IRIS-T, etc). Basically, maintain the JAS-39E/Fs to control the air over land, and the KFX/IFX to establish a maritime and long-range capability. Pair it with the GlobalEye AEW&C and A330 MRTT, and they're set.

1617330159214.png

I guess PAF is happy using their old C-130s with upgrades.

When the new Y-20s are coming to complement the C-130s in Transport roles?

L-100-382B-4C Hercules 64144/T/AP-AUT in Pakistan Air Force service was actually leased from Pakistan International Airlines.

Photographed at Luqa Park 4, Malta, on 1 December 1975.

© John Visanich

1617656776036.png

Pakistan Air Force Vickers Viscount V734 J751 at London Airport in 1960.

1617657133309.png

Vickers Viscount 1956-1967, The Viscount was a British medium range turboprop airliner first flown in 1948 by Vickers Armstongs Limited, making it the first such aircraft to enter service in the world. It would go on to be one of the most successful of the first-generation post-war transports, with 445 being built.

Crewed by 2 + Cabin Crew, The Aircraft Could Accommodate 75 Passenger, Used as a VIP transport by the Pakistan Air Force.

1618074089394.png

DC3 Dakota flying over the lower Himalaya.

The Dakotas were the principal source of supplies for the people of Gilgit Baltistan. There was no proper road in the Northern Areas to connect with the rest of Pakistan۔

Date: 1948.

What will be the most ecnomical and viable future transportation option for PAF as we lack alot in it when comparing with IAF

Back
Top Bottom