What's new

Pakistan Air Force Transport

1622472381267.png

The No 6 squadron of the Pakistan Air Force

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) PAF wants refueler for F16s? By any chance is it available to PAF through CSF?
The PAF had asked Airbus DS for the A330 MRTT, but couldn't get approvals at the time. They may have gotten a better signal this time around (the German, UK, Spanish and Italian governments were always willing to play ball, but the French have been a big question mark).

If so, the PAF would pay for them in full, but it would also mean the end of the IL-78 in its role as tanker (as the A330 MRTT can do boom and hose-and-drogue-type refueling). I'd expect 2 with an option for 2 more.

If not A330 MRTT, then I expect the Turks have quietly commissioned a project to create their own boom module. We can get hose-and-drogue kits from Ukraine. The last piece is finding a good airliner and configuring it for the AAR role. If the Turks are leading the design and integration program, we may be riding shotgun with them. @SQ8

The PAF had asked Airbus DS for the A330 MRTT, but couldn't get approvals at the time. They may have gotten a better signal this time around (the German, UK, Spanish and Italian governments were always willing to play ball, but the French have been a big question mark).

If so, the PAF would pay for them in full, but it would also mean the end of the IL-78 in its role as tanker (as the A330 MRTT can do boom and hose-and-drogue-type refueling). I'd expect 2 with an option for 2 more.

If not A330 MRTT, then I expect the Turks have quietly commissioned a project to create their own boom module. We can get hose-and-drogue kits from Ukraine. The last piece is finding a good airliner and configuring it for the AAR role. If the Turks are leading the design and integration program, we may be riding shotgun with them. @SQ8
If the kits from Ukraine are available, can we configure Embraer 1000 for that role? So instead of buying 10 we get 2 more specifically as tankers for F16 fleet?

I don’t think the French would sell a screw at this stage due to the recent events. However the Turks did have a project that was posted here earlier as well to commission a boom module but I don’t recall the airliner. They do have their 135s which they can extend the life of further.

They may just ask for the pegagus and get on with it

If the kits from Ukraine are available, can we configure Embraer 1000 for that role? So instead of buying 10 we get 2 more specifically as tankers for F16 fleet?
The Lineage 1000E doesn't have the fuel volume to efficiently support AAR. We'd want these jets to support like 8-12 fighters in one flight. The tankers will need enough fuel for their fighters and for themselves so that they can keep in the air long enough.

I don’t think the French would sell a screw at this stage due to the recent events. However the Turks did have a project that was posted here earlier as well to commission a boom module but I don’t recall the airliner. They do have their 135s which they can extend the life of further.

They may just ask for the pegagus and get on with it
Pivoting to support aircraft (e.g., C-130J, CH-47F, and KC-46) on the grounds of needing 'HADR assets' would be a smart move. However, the U.S. might still refuse to sell them because they're strategically valuable.

On the other hand, the U.S. might not actually care if we end up paying from our own pockets. The last time we tried that approach (late-1980s), the U.S. was even willing to help co-design a fighter (Sabre II). So, as the adage goes, "money talks, BS walks."

If the PAF has $500 m for 2 KC-46s, I do think the U.S. will listen. If not the U.S., then that money will likely end up in a joint-TuAF-PAF initiative to design a boom system, and fit it to a surplus airliner.

We heard that PAF want 310 to be converted to 310 MTR but they refused and instead offer 330 MRTT, which we cant offered at all ..

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) why you think now if 330 MRtt or something else with duel refueling options will end Il78, PAF already short in numbers of refueling options

Additionally IL78 already doing double role of refueling and heavy uplifting

We heard that PAF want 310 to be converted to 310 MTR but they refused and instead offer 330 MRTT, which we cant offered at all ..

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) why you think now if 330 MRtt or something else with duel refueling options will end Il78, PAF already short in numbers of refueling options

Additionally IL78 already doing double role of refueling and heavy uplifting
The PAF did want the A310 MRTT, but Airbus DS was promoting the A330 MRTT. The PAF didn't like the higher price tag, but I was told that the PAF was OK with going the A330 MRTT route. The A330 was affordable to use and the PAF would use the MRTTs for a few decades. But Airbus DS said it couldn't get approval to sell it to us.

The PAF did want the A310 MRTT, but Airbus DS was promoting the A330 MRTT. The PAF didn't like the higher price tag, but I was told that the PAF was OK with going the A330 MRTT route. The A330 was affordable to use and the PAF would use the MRTTs for a few decades. But Airbus DS said it couldn't get approval to sell it to us.
New info for me, so means PAF inactual no option in hand ever, except IL78 in past..

PAF can consider Y20 based tankers in future to increase numbers..

Just an idea. how about some CFT's with probes?

1622568697600.png

1622568738300.png

1622568902300.png

1622568805900.png

1622568783500.png

1622568857100.png

1622568880200.png

1622568931900.png

1622568953500.png

This is why I was suggesting, maybe this would be a cheaper option for us, instead of getting refuelers with booms.
Pakistan should move away from USA equipment and get jets from somewhere else.

1622620449138.png

AN 178
1622620496814.png

KC 390

Pakistan should move away from USA equipment and get jets from somewhere else.

View attachment 749943
AN 178
View attachment 749944
KC 390
Our Viper fleet, is not going anywhere for the next 2 decades min, still has an IFR issue.

There are only two ways of tackling this issue, either get an IFR probe in a pod / CFT, as mentioned earlier in this thread, OR get a tanker with a boom.

Our Viper fleet, is not going anywhere for the next 2 decades min, still has an IFR issue.

There are only two ways of tackling this issue, either get an IFR probe in a pod / CFT, as mentioned earlier in this thread, OR get a tanker with a boom.
Sir I was referring to C 130. Slowly phasing them out and going for Military Transport planes but not from USA. From countries like Ukraine and Brazil and China and others.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom