What's new

Pakistan Air Force Transport

any significance related to us ..... ???
I think it would be a bit stretch to say these are non-normal flights with our recent excercies in Pano Aqil, Sindh and Punjab areas so I just think these are just routine sorties of IAF, perhaps just expected air activity.
But, what is important is that we need to keep vigilant eyes on IAF movements especially after its engagement at Ladakh, Kashmir fiasco and it's internal situation.

1601211858959.png

1601212944638.png

PAF C-130 Hercules seen flying in Iran's Airspace on 30 Sept, 2020 at unspecified time.
qrPuT1601445503.jpg

Ukraine’s state-owned Ukrspetsexport company said Thursday that it signed a deal with Pakistan to repair and modernize the Air Force’s Il-78 aerial refueling tanker plane.

Work under the contract will be carried out by Nikolaev Aircraft Repair Plant under Ukroboronprom.

While the initial contract is to upgrade one aircraft, the total contract pegged at over $30 million, involves two more Il-78s. A contract for the remaining two will be signed based on the results of the first contract.

The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) procured its four IL-78s from Ukrainian surplus stocks in the mid-to-late 2000s. The first plane was delivered to the service in December 2009. Equipped with UPAZ re-fueling pods, the PAF has used the IL-78 to support its Mirage Retrofit Strike Element (ROSE) squadrons as well as undertake heavy-lift transport tasks.

According to Pakistani local media, a PAF Il-78 was spotted at 360th Aircraft Repair Plant in Russia’s Ryazan city in early 2017. It had set off speculations that Russia could be refurbishing the aircraft.

1601721318709.png

An-26 Defected From Afghan Air Force

1601769592477.png

Defected Afghanistan Air Force AN-12 on static display at PAF museum Karachi. It defected to Pakistan(Most probably Peshawar) during the Afghan Crisis.

1601770125814.png

Wonder if the PAF could acquire some midlife A330s for an MRTT conversion, many airlines are dumping their older planes.

Wonder if the PAF could acquire some midlife A330s for an MRTT conversion, many airlines are dumping their older planes.

This was always on the cards and I think at one point PAF considered A310 solution like Canada and Germany for MRTT, and PIA retired quite a few of these, unsure what happened......

This was always on the cards and I think at one point PAF considered A310 solution like Canada and Germany for MRTT, and PIA retired quite a few of these, unsure what happened......
The ex PIA birds were flown until all the airframe cycles were over, plus airbus is ending parts support for the A300 and A310s in 2025 last I checked.

The ex PIA birds were flown until all the airframe cycles were over, plus airbus is ending parts support for the A300 and A310s in 2025 last I checked.

Well I guess now is a good a time as any to pick up cheap second hand airliners. The sting is in the conversion costs and who can actually do this? Only Airbus, Israel and US capable of converting airliners to MRTT I think

Airbus stopped converting A310's in favour of A330's.

In what sense of the world is the A330 an "older plane"?
[/QUOTE]

A330 is favored over A310, not that A330 is old.

You can have Ukraine do the Hose conversion, yes for Drogue you need Airbus / IAI / US. With CFTs on F-16 the need for Drogue goes out of the window for PAF, that is if PAF can get hold of Block-52+ or higher.

Airbus stopped converting A310's in favour of A330's.

In what sense of the world is the A330 an "older plane"?
[/QUOTE]
Nobody is buying new A330s anymore, the 787 and the A350 has replaced.
The A330neo exists for a limited neiche.

Back
Top Bottom