What's new

Pakistan Air Force Transport

A very good platform, but as griffin mentioned, pretty expensive too. Though if the PAF was ready to replace its fleet then it wouldn’t be out of the question, but keep in mind the C-130 and A400M are in an entirely different weight class. PAF might want to stick to the C-130s weight class and consider smaller options, though they might go for fewer A400M as an equivalent replacement (it depends on wether PAF needs numbers or capability).
A400M is more comparable to IL-76/78.
I hope they go for a400 in smaller allocations with possibly some KC390's but I guess It would probablt be a bit too expensive. The IL76 works well but I am dubious of its current supply chain.

I hope they go for a400 in smaller allocations with possibly some KC390's but I guess It would probablt be a bit too expensive. The IL76 works well but I am dubious of its current supply chain.
IL-76 has a robust supply chain if we buy from Russia. Shouldn’t be an issue. We only go to Ukraine because it’s cheaper.
A400M would be good, but it’s in the same weight class as IL-76 and not C130 which PAF would be looking to replace. A400M is also expensive, KC390 less so, so maybe that’s an option.

IL-76 has a robust supply chain if we buy from Russia. Shouldn’t be an issue. We only go to Ukraine because it’s cheaper.
A400M would be good, but it’s in the same weight class as IL-76 and not C130 which PAF would be looking to replace. A400M is also expensive, KC390 less so, so maybe that’s an option.
For the PAF a mix of used and new C-130J/LM-100J would be ideal. The C390 looks good, but we have no idea how it'll perform in Pakistan's high-altitude and rough environments.

In hindsight, we shouldn't have blown a casket at Congress withholding FMF for the 8 F-16s. We could've used those funds to acquire C-130Js.

PAF ignorance for transportation is at top, specially when we look at IAF,
Air transportation is very important factors in quick deployment and supply chain during wars

PAF C-130 Creating Vortex.

1632341914283.png

E_6UzFSUcAY1CrF.jpeg

C-130 body seems took too much stress need major upgrade. Pakistan need to buy surplus C130 from friendly nation. Bangladesh bought British c-130 J with minimum price , few probably still available.

View attachment 779680
C-130 body seems took too much stress need major upgrade. Pakistan need to buy surplus C130 from friendly nation. Bangladesh bought British c-130 J with minimum price , few probably still available.
US approval needed, the crux of the issue related to transport fleet. Have the Infrastructure support but having trouble ( clearance to purchase new, used or surplus. )

PS: There are bush pilots that still fly DC-3s, C-130 is as rugged as them DC-3s if not better.

View attachment 779680
That’s normal for an aircraft. PAF C-130s do get used alot but they are all modernized and have airframe life extensions. I’m sure PAF is looking for a replacement however. They’ll need it sooner or later.

For the PAF a mix of used and new C-130J/LM-100J would be ideal. The C390 looks good, but we have no idea how it'll perform in Pakistan's high-altitude and rough environments.

In hindsight, we shouldn't have blown a casket at Congress withholding FMF for the 8 F-16s. We could've used those funds to acquire C-130Js.
Royal Air Force is retiring 14x C-130J from its services soon, which can be the best option, but maybe they will not be delivered to us due to JF-17bk3 sale.

Back
Top Bottom