What's new

Pakistan Air Force Transport

USAF has been trying to get rid of these: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alenia_C-27J_Spartan
Would be the easiest thing to convince them to hand over as EDA.

A little info: USAF don't want to operate these but periodically gets put under pressure by the US Army to get them. Last, SOCOM took over some of these. But confused exactly under whom these would be operated - most likely by USAF pilots seconded to SOCOM.
they are scrap will be scrap and remain scrap sir . cant you see those whom got them from USA now parked for nothing ? better got 2 c-130s rather then 10 c-27s

they are scrap will be scrap and remain scrap sir . cant you see those whom got them from USA now parked for nothing ? better got 2 c-130s rather then 10 c-27s

I am unaware that they are parked for nothing by other states. The US has parked them but this is mainly because the USAF wants to standardize its fleet and operating these smaller transports is less cost effective for it. Just like operating a regional jet is less cost effective per seat than an A320. Doesn't mean that the regional jet is rubbish. It has fewer seats, and for fewer passengers, its more efficient than the A320.

How to explain it better...

I am unaware that they are parked for nothing by other states. The US has parked them but this is mainly because the USAF wants to standardize its fleet and operating these smaller transports is less cost effective for it. Just like operating a regional jet is less cost effective per seat than an A320. Doesn't mean that the regional jet is rubbish. It has fewer seats, and for fewer passengers, its more efficient than the A320.

The sticking point for the C-130J is that the US doesn't want to give a strategic lift capability to Pakistan. fair enough, the C-27J is essentially a smaller C-130. It uses the same engines as the C-130J, instead of 4 of them, they use 2.

C-130H:
Capacity: 19000 kg

C-27J:
Capacity: 11,600 kg

check out the large number of countries using this. Again, to emphasize, they use the same RR engines as the C-130J. 2 engines are always cheaper to maintain than 4.

Did I miss mentioning that they are sitting in the boneyard and available for free with EDA and CSF? That their airframes have tremendous life left as do their engines?

It's not completely outlandish. Doable with right mindset I think.

The sticking point for the C-130J is that the US doesn't want to give a strategic lift capability to Pakistan. fair enough, the C-27J is essentially a smaller C-130. It uses the same engines as the C-130J, instead of 4 of them, they use 2.

C-130H:

C-27J:

check out the large number of countries using this. Again, to emphasize, they use the same RR engines as the C-130J. 2 engines are always cheaper to maintain than 4.

Did I miss mentioning that they are sitting in the boneyard and available for free with EDA and CSF? That their airframes have tremendous life left as do their engines?

C-130H:

C-27J:

Italy dont want them and USA took from italy send them afghanistan . 20 of them rusting some 200km from pakistan now not in use .

Italy dont want them and USA took from italy send them afghanistan . 20 of them rusting some 200km from pakistan now not in use .

There are a bunch of non-rusted, with low hours ones in AMARC or the Boneyard.

All rumours. No money in the kitty, all shops closed due to corona

Apparently the new transport oriented squadron "Markhors" consist of CASA-235. Yup, our casa-235 now have their own squadron. PAF have four of them presently. I remember that @Blacklight said that "new" C130J were being purchased to make up this squadron. Would request senior members to shed light on this topic and also I want to know if PAF have plans to purchase more CASA-235.

Aircraft familiarity can be done but actually flying one with a huge external load on top of the fuselage has another feel for the pilot specially when taking off and landing in cross winds.

Sure, but will still save many hours in terms of familiarity and conversion, obviously trainee pilots will still need the real thing. Also added bonus of being able to move light loads of men and equipment, saving use of CN-235 and C-130

https://falcons.pk/photo/Lockheed-C-130E-Hercules/2765

Photo-2765.jpg

Sure, but will still save many hours in terms of familiarity and conversion, obviously trainee pilots will still need the real thing. Also added bonus of being able to move light loads of men and equipment, saving use of CN-235 and C-130

Sure you are right

Back
Top Bottom