What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

1616939330687.png

Middle East & Africa

A video circulating online shows a JF-17 being unloaded from a Pakistan Air Force Il-76. The fighter is believed to have been delivered to Makurdi. The Nigerian Air Force has ordered three JF-17s from Pakistan and these have been manufactured, with registrations NAF-720, NAF-721 and NAF-722. In 2018 Pakistan’s Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) approved a $184.3 million sovereign guarantee for the production of three Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC)/Chengdu JF-17 fighters, according to the Pakistan Express Tribune.

1617021254928.png

'Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan' "As I relinquish the responsibility of PAF command on completion of my tenure as CAS, I bow my head in great humility before Allah almighty, for His boundless blessings, help & guidance throughout my career "

DA-20 EW aircraft from No. 24 Sqn Blinders. Two of these are in service, tasked to provide ELINT/ECM support to PAF.
Both aircraft are named after martyrs of 1965 war, Sqn Ldr M. Iqbal & Sq Ldr Saifullah Lodi who flew RB-57F Canberra.

1617046398151.png

Temporary runway patch made on the Lahore-Islamabad M2 Motorway to accommodate military and air force missions

View attachment 729237

So this concept was introduced by Sweden 🇸🇪 first but they had actually added parallel structures ie there was no need to close the main highway but off the main highway a parallel strip for to be used by airforce

they made many of them all across the country

lastly their runways were not 10 feet above ground Level but at ground level just in case of emergencies , it could still support a landing of an aircraft ;)

Last edited:
DA-20 EW aircraft from No. 24 Sqn Blinders. Two of these are in service, tasked to provide ELINT/ECM support to PAF.
Both aircraft are named after martyrs of 1965 war, Sqn Ldr M. Iqbal & Sq Ldr Saifullah Lodi who flew RB-57F Canberra.

View attachment 729457

I thought it was 3 in service? Most open sources give us as having 3

The newly appointed Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Zaheer Ahmed Baber Sidhu visited Naval Headquarters after assumption of Command and met Chief of the Naval Staff, Admiral Muhammad Amjad Khan Niazi.

Upon arrival at Naval Headquarters, Chief of the Air Staff was received by Naval Chief. A smartly turned out contingent of Pakistan Navy presented Guard of Honour.

1617116460995.png

1617116437341.png

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom