What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Discussion: Pros and Cons of basing a PAF fighter squadron at Skardu Airbase permanently?

Necessary for war time readiness but costly given the geographic and might not be operational during winters. Land approach mostly cut off during winter and PAF will have to spend more than usual to maintain operational readiness however, the point has important role for the North covering given the geographic location.

Discussion: Pros and Cons of basing a PAF fighter squadron at Skardu Airbase permanently?
Given the terrain, there is the potential for large underground tunnels/storage/rooms. As long as appropriate climate control technology is present (we could ask the Chinese for some), it should be fine.

Necessary for war time readiness but costly given the geographic and might not be operational during winters. Land approach mostly cut off during winter and PAF will have to spend more than usual to maintain operational readiness however, the point has important role for the North covering given the geographic location.
Land approach is okay during winters. Only issue is whether we need a permanent base there and whether we could afford it. To be honest, Skardu is offset by three and possibly four enemy airbases.

cobras.png

it does not look like REK ...or H-4; PAF 15th Squadron is named Cobra & equipped with Mirage-V [I think non ROSE mirage jets .... ???]

this appear some thing similar to Flying wing design .... ??? strange ...

New Chief of the Air Staff to take #Command on 19 March 2021.
List of Contenders
- Air Marshal Syed Noman Ali, Chairman PAC
- Air Marshal Zaheer Ahmad Babar, DCAS Administration
- Air Marshal Javad Saeed, DCAS Air Defence
- Air Marshal Muhammad Haseeb Paracha, DCAS (Support)
#PAF
IMG_20210311_085940.jpeg

:undecided:
Yaar, I haven't seen a girl this closely (in a long time) as I've tried to see this image.

Must be rusty or old age is catching up on me.

Find a way to, ehh, point out what I'm looking for/at.
One of them is wearing your designed patches.. :-)

Very interesting. The guys from that day
Didn't participate though

it does not look like REK ...or H-4; PAF 15th Squadron is named Cobra & equipped with Mirage-V [I think non ROSE mirage jets .... ???]

this appear some thing similar to Flying wing design .... ??? strange ...
That's an H4 with wings deployed

President Dr Arif Alvi inaugurated the PAF Air War College Institute at Karachi 11 March, 2021:

President Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Dr Arif Alvi inaugurated the PAF Air War College Institute at Karachi today. On his arrival, he was received by Air Marshal Amir Masood, Deputy Chief of the Air Staff (Training), Pakistan Air Force. Addressing at the occasion, the chief guest appreciated the relentless efforts of the team, who completed the project in record time, as per the standards of Higher Education Commission (HEC). He said that Pakistan is a peaceful country and the world has witnessed that we returned the Indian Pilot without any pressure. Lauding the PAF professionalism the Chief Guest said that the entire world has seen the professional competency of PAF after 27th Feb, 2019. The chief guest also visited various facilities of the Institute and interacted with the faculty and members. Earlier, Air Marshal Amir Masood, Deputy Chief of the Air Staff (Training), Pakistan Air Force while expressing his views said that education and training has remained the hallmark of PAF ever since its inception. He further said that as a progressive organization, PAF embraced the latest global trends in quality education, embedded the educational theory and practice with state of the art technology, infused education with critical thinking and opened the platform nationwide. During each course the members of PAF Air War College Institute are exposed to over a hundred subject matter experts including: Civil & Military Professionals, Diplomats, Scholars / Academicians, Lawyers, Industrialists, Scientists, Economists and Media Personnel. Additionally, exclusive interaction with foreign faculty and strategists is ensured to provide depth and academic rigor to the course. Seminars are also regularly conducted to promote inter-services operational harmony and jointness.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom