What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Thank you for your post. I understood you fully the first time. If I remember correctly the appointment of the Current chief was not a Bajwa's behest but at the request of the outgoing Air chief . I think he happened to be the senior most officer in the AF so IK went with advice rendered by the AirChief.
Re the Mirages, I stand by my earlier post. I am aware of their niche role. This is not unusual as the A10s the Tornadoes, and the F4s are retained by certain air forces due to niche roles. As to the decision to employ the BVR on them ( even one on the Centre hardpoint which in my humble opinion is stupidity) is a last ditch stand of an AF which struggles to get enough platforms to comply with their needs. The Block 3 is delayed,they cannot get enough F16s from second hand market. The J10s in their current state are not suitable for A2G role. So we neither have a suitable platform nor do we have the money. This remains our dilemma rather than current ACM choice.
A
Thank u for ur detailed reply.....again it was bajwas "advice" to IK which tilted the tables in sidhus favor.
About the role of a dedicated ground strike ac my point was all go into the battle with top cover or when ariel threat is eliminated, so at most they a couple of wvr missles.
So if things become so desperate that we have to employ m 3/5 in a air suppority role, than in all probability we have lost the air battle n 3/5 would be shot down before they could get their gears up.
I did not want to say this earlier but its a پیسے بنا نے کی scheme ھے

Thank u for ur detailed reply.....again it was bajwas "advice" to IK which tilted the tables in sidhus favor.
About the role of a dedicated ground strike ac my point was all go into the battle with top cover or when ariel threat is eliminated, so at most they a couple of wvr missles.
So if things become so desperate that we have to employ m 3/5 in a air suppority role, than in all probability we have lost the air battle n 3/5 would be shot down before they could get their gears up.
I did not want to say this earlier but its a پیسے بنا نے کی scheme ھے
Thank you for the update. Who do you think should have been the ACM in your opinion. Haseeb was too junior and the Indian incursion did not show him in very good light. So who else do you think was more deserving. To me at least he does not look very impressive in the ACM role but looks can sometimes be deceiving.
Re the M3/5 debate, I think you and I are still saying the same thing but from a slightly different angle. I fully agree that this is a last ditch attempt and only used in case other assetts are either occupied or unavailable due to attrition, sanctions, or too many fronts where platforms are needed. In those cases the A2G role M3/5s can be provided top cover by other M3/5s. This is why in my humble opinion there is talk of integrating BVRs.
Regarding " Paisay bananay ki scheme" the J10 deal would have made him enough. Secondly the integration is done inhouse so the "paisay bananay ki scheme" angle does not sound logical at least to me. Perhaps you can enlighten us.
Kind regards.
A

Last edited:
with less nos of Trms an aesa radar can be designed that could be fitted in mr3/5s, if yes then these old horses can again be converted into a lethal fighting tool ???
I doubt it. You would need hea y modifications to fit cooling system for AESA and I doubt you have the space for it. With local build AESAs technically possible but practically not viable in my humble opinion. Whatever you do the M3/5s are 50s design with its own limitations which can not be overcome. They are fine for their perceived niche role but anything more is asking too much.
A

Again sidhu was as deserving a candidate to become the cas as bajwa was to become the coas.
Sidhu had no role to play in the j10 deal.
Mirages need to stick to their primarily role ie a2g. Any thing else n PAF is screwed.
Can you elaborate a bit more or do you want to leave it here. Whose deal was the J10 if not Sidhu's? Help appreciated
A

1658438987076.png

1658439043247.png

President of the Turkish Grand National Assembly, Mr. Mustafa Şentop, President of the Azerbaijan National Assembly, Mr. Mistress Gafarova and Speaker of the National Assembly of Pakistan, Mr. Raza Pervez Eşref visited Özdemir Bayraktar National Technology Center.

View attachment 863960

View attachment 863961

President of the Turkish Grand National Assembly, Mr. Mustafa Şentop, President of the Azerbaijan National Assembly, Mr. Mistress Gafarova and Speaker of the National Assembly of Pakistan, Mr. Raza Pervez Eşref visited Özdemir Bayraktar National Technology Center.
It means Pak is after MIUS! Whenever the Pak dignitaries pose with a Turkish stuff it means they're after it....

Is this true?? ...
Recently procured Piper PA46-M600 Meridian of Pakistan Air Force..

1658666266447.png

1658666323812.png

Piper
The Garmin G3000 installation in the M600 is a tight but clean fit. Two GTC 570 touch controllers provide access to all flight deck functions, including FMS input, checklists (on their way), systems monitoring and control, and, of course, navigation and communications.

Is this true?? ...
Recently procured Piper PA46-M600 Meridian of Pakistan Air Force..

View attachment 864841

View attachment 864843

Piper
The Garmin G3000 installation in the M600 is a tight but clean fit. Two GTC 570 touch controllers provide access to all flight deck functions, including FMS input, checklists (on their way), systems monitoring and control, and, of course, navigation and communications.
Yeah but probably for VIP transport SMH.

Replacement of Y12 looks Cool
That was the Phenom
This is likely a 1-off executive transport as a cheaper alternative to a Phenom

For Mirages or as for whole fleet

Read on twitter that few mirages getting AESA along rewiring for BVRs
in house AESA
Rose Mirages Grifo M + SD-10 combo isn’t working out as planned. So, they may be reworked to AESA + Gokdogan.

That was the Phenom
This is likely a 1-off executive transport as a cheaper alternative to a Phenom

in house AESA
Rose Mirages Grifo M + SD-10 combo isn’t working out as planned. So, they may be reworked to AESA + Gokdogan.
Yeh I read on twitter AESA & Gokdogan combo

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom