What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Currently Pakistan has:-
49 JF-17A Block Is
60 JF-17A Block IIs
26 JF-17B Block IIs
2 JF-17A Block III prototypes

Pakistan Air Force currently now has 137 JF-17 Thunders https://t.co/r8pMqTf84S

That makes it 212 BVR fighters which currently outclass everything in the BVR space that India fields at an operational level ( Rafales / Meteors will take some time.. despite the PR spin by IAF ..). No wonder the IAF chief is talking so much crap recently.

That of course, excludes what people used to say about what ever "semi-active" BVR capability the Mirage III/V's may pocess or not(i am in the not camp..).

Last edited:
F-86 SABRES IN THE FRONT ROW AND BRISTOL TYPE 170 FREIGHTERS IN THE BACK ROW (MARIPUR AIR BASE

)
1609466030008.png

It'll be interesting to see what's powering this UAV. I hope they're by-passing pistons and going straight to a turboprop (e.g., from Ukraine). It could mean a lot for the design's actual payload, range and endurance.

that seems unlikely to me considering its mission and size and PAC.

EqorX7IXUAE8YaK

That makes it 212 BVR fighters which currently outclass everything in the BVR space that India fields at an operational level ( Rafales / Meteors will take some time.. despite the PR spin by IAF ..). No wonder the IAF chief is talking so much crap recently.

That of course, excludes what people used to say about what ever "semi-active" BVR capability the Mirage III/V's may pocess or not(i am in the not camp..).

And 4-5 years down the line, we can expect to add 50 Block-IIIA's to the current fleet. For a total of approximately 260 BVR-capable fighters and a network-centric capability that is battle-tested and in a cycle of continuous improvement, the PAF will maintain the upper hand and would remain capable of Swift Retort-style ops until the 2040-50s.

Beyond that, we can expect the Azm NGFA to reach fruition and the associated capability boost that will bring forth. The Azm NGFA will literally reinvent the fabric of the service - everything from tactics to doctrine, training, maintenance and logistics will have to be transformed.

The cutting edge of the PAF will be maintained, that much we can be absolutely certain of.

its some variant of Lycoming twin rotor blade piston engine.

The same as what is inside the Mushtaq trainer ?

Suprised to see a UAV this advanced in its development lifecycle. Early prototype it seems. The purchase of Wing Long II does suggest it might be a few years before it enters an operational capacity.

At has a Textron Lycoming IO-360-A1B6 engine.

" Pakistan Aeronautical Complex unveiled a light attack variant of the Super Mushshak in March 2019. The aircraft is capable of launching Barq laser-guided and anti-tank missiles.[1][2][3] "

So PAC has experience in both the engine, and design modifications to launch missiles.

Last edited:
The same as what is inside the Mushtaq trainer ?

Suprised to see a UAV this advanced in its development lifecycle. Early prototype it seems. The purchase of Wing Long II does suggest it might be a few years before it enters an operational capacity.

At has a Textron Lycoming IO-360-A1B6 engine.

" Pakistan Aeronautical Complex unveiled a light attack variant of the Super Mushshak in March 2019. The aircraft is capable of launching Barq laser-guided and anti-tank missiles.[1][2][3] "

So PAC has experience in both the engine, and design modifications to launch missiles.
IF this engine is fitted with this UAV then to be honest it is little bit of disappointment

Thanks Mianwali, Minhas, Masroor so many Ms but only one Rafiqui. I'll go ahead and indulge with the latest clue, its turning out to be a good exercise in code breaking :)

"A squadron to move out from R and shift to M."
Mirage squadron from Rafique to Masroor. (will make room for a previously missing AS element at Rafiqui and will mean JFs have another home base)

"The squadron moving out of R to be replaced by a squadron from M"
Mirage squadron moving out of Rafique replaced by no.14 from Minhas

"The squadron moving out of M to be replaced by Sharp Shooters (I would put M here as well but that would cause too much confusion)":
no.14 moving out frm Minhas replaced by No. 18 Sharpshooters from Mianwali

So obviously I was wrong about no.14 going to Skardu and nothing moving out from Rafiqui.

What will be interesting is if as @Tipu7 rumored, a mirage squadron is also simultaneously converted to JF. Of the 110 As and 8 Bs accepted and available at PAF the numbers are certainly there.

P.S. please dont feel you have to respond if that means giving out too much info, Im merely documenting my deductive skills to check against when things become public.

Ok so, the above confirms what @Hodor had hinted at and I had interpreted a few months back. However, one additional piece in the above article is that no.2 Minhasians have moved to Shehbaz. This is where it gets interesting and here is my prediction:

Next squadron to re-equip with Jf-17 (after no.18) will be one of the Mirage squadrons at Masroor (nos. 7,8 or 22). Reason being Masroor without a Jf-17 squadron in anti-ship role doesn't make sense. This means all the F-7s will not be going out before the Mirages, the PGs will stay for a while (probably replaced only when the Block-IIIs start coming or their is a surprise J-10 induction). The re-equipment will likely start around April if it has not already.

My bet will be no.8 will re-equip since they are the oldest of mirages and employed in sea role. Their exocets will continue to be carried by PN helicopters.

Last edited:

Ok so, the above confirms what @Hodor had hinted at and I had interpreted a few months back. However, one additional piece in the above article is that no.2 Minhasians have moved to Shehbaz. This is where it gets interesting and here is my prediction:

Next squadron to re-equip with Jf-17 (after no.18) will be one of the Mirage squadrons at Masroor (nos. 7,8 or 22). Reason being Masroor without a Jf-17 squadron in anti-ship role doesn't make sense. This means all the F-7s will not be going out before the Mirages, the PGs will stay for a while (probably replaced only when the Block-IIIs start coming or their is a surprise J-10 induction). The re-equipment will likely start around April if it has not already.

My bet will be no.8 will re-equip since they are the oldest of mirages and employed in sea role. Their exocets will continue to be carried by PN helicopters.
PAF should look into J10 as omni role medium category plane they are ideal replacement for our Mirages even start with 2 Sqdn 36 plane

The UAV might have a Western Engine including from U.S.
Lycoming is a US made engine but honestly I don't think the photo was showing Lycoming engine integrated with Azm UAV

Which squadron will j-10 be equipped to?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom