What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

nah i never said that ...i am referring to delays in fc-20 (if ACM tanveer mahmood stood correct in his claim in 2009) and jf-17 block2 , You have so many aircrafts to retire ....if you see PAF has more than 50% of aircrafts that need to be retired sooner ....most of the fleet comprises of 3rd generation aircrafts

In truth, FC-20 was hyped up to epic proportions by us, the fanboys, the enthusiasts etc. IMO we are going down the same road with the new Chinese stealth aircraft.

nah sir ji ...i clearly remember many members claiming the deliveries of MAR-1s time and time again even some claimed about C-130s that were in brazil for MAR-1 deliveries ...

about integration i still cant pick why the hell would PAF want these missiles to be integrated only on junk aircarfts like mirages that should be retired as soon as possible

thats your POV however the ROSE squadrons have been modernised for tactical / night attack (~40 a/c). the balance III/V's need replacement but PAF is not going to replace the mirages aircraft for aircraft (one for one) because JFT is superior in capability v. these III/V's so the ratio could be 1:2 or 1:3.

as far as FC-20 goes, my view was and is that the FC-20 can only be in PAF colours if it has a chinese engine. this is taking longer than earlier expectations.

have a nice day....

You are so right, PAF has no vision. It wasn't PAF that signed the deal in 2008 when the missile was only on papers, Brazilians came to PAF themselves to honour the "PDF fan boy visionaries" like yourself.

Yara.
Criticize where you have insight. We arent exactly rolling in money. If you call M3/5s junk why do you think we have been buying junk from all over the world ? What other options do we have with nonexistent funds? You can have all the vision in the world but if your pocket does not allow it your vision and the reality is what we see in PAF today.
Araz

You misunderstood my post. I was being sarcastic in response to @ Mani's post.

In 2007/08 when PAF signed this deal with Mecton, JF-17 was still in pampers, and PAF only had F-16 as the only front line jet with Mirage following as the only ground attack capable jet at that time (A5 was already considered obsolete then). What PAF did was to use the best (and only) available option for integrating MAR-1a and that too in a "Jogaro" way with stand alone computer and control system (probably to by pass French for cost cutting and knowing that this is only a temp solution).

Now that Thunder has come a long way since then, integrating western weaponry will definitely be in PAF's mind, but again integrating western weapons with Chinese Radars, avionics, and fire control systems will be a time consuming and a costly exercise. For JF-17, PAF might find it easier to integrate Chinese ARM (LD10) instead, that is if it meets the performance criteria.

Yara.
Criticize where you have insight. We arent exactly rolling in money. If you call M3/5s junk why do you think we have been buying junk from all over the world ? What other options do we have with nonexistent funds? You can have all the vision in the world but if your pocket does not allow it your vision and the reality is what we see in PAF today.
Araz

In truth, FC-20 was hyped up to epic proportions by us, the fanboys, the enthusiasts etc. IMO we are going down the same road with the new Chinese stealth aircraft.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was and is no delay in the FC-20's delivery as it was and is to be inducted by the 2014-15 time frame and no sooner, which means that there is still 1-2 years for the delivery to take place. The deal is still on, we just have to be patient and not make claims, just as those made by certain members on this forum saying that the FC-20 would be delivered in 2012-13.

thats your POV however the ROSE squadrons have been modernised for tactical / night attack (~40 a/c). the balance III/V's need replacement but PAF is not going to replace the mirages aircraft for aircraft (one for one) because JFT is superior in capability v. these III/V's so the ratio could be 1:2 or 1:3.

as far as FC-20 goes, my view was and is that the FC-20 can only be in PAF colours if it has a chinese engine. this is taking longer than earlier expectations.

have a nice day....

What earlier expectations? I've always been of the belief that the FC-20 would be delivered by 2014-15 and not any time sooner. This was the original time frame agreed upon, why is it that people keep claiming otherwise?

Or am I just talking out of my behind?

By all means, tell me I'm wrong and rip me a new whole...just be gentle about it please.

In 2007/08 when PAF signed this deal with Mecton, JF-17 was still in pampers, and PAF only had F-16 as the only front line jet with Mirage following as the only ground attack capable jet at that time (A5 was already considered obsolete then). What PAF did was to use the best (and only) available option for integrating MAR-1a and that too in a "Jogaro" way with stand alone computer and control system (probably to by pass French for cost cutting and knowing that this is only a temp solution).

Now that Thunder has come a long way since then, integrating western weaponry will definitely be in PAF's mind, but again integrating western weapons with Chinese Radars, avionics, and fire control systems will be a time consuming and a costly exercise. For JF-17, PAF might find it easier to integrate Chinese ARM (LD10) instead, that is if it meets the performance criteria.

PAF has the source codes and capability and test centers to integrate any weaponary at home
and
Mar-1 was brought for JFT and is integrated with JF-17
End of story……:coffee:

ISLAMABAD: A five-member US
delegation headed by Principal
Deputy Assistant Secretary of
Defence, Dr. Peter Lavoy called on
Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air
Force, Air Chief Marshal Tahir
Rafique Butt at Air Headquarters
here on Monday.
Chief of (ODRP) Office of Defence
Representatives to Pakistan, Lt Gen.
Gregory Biscone was also present on
the occasion, said a press release
issued by PAF here. Matters
pertaining to mutual interest and
various areas of further cooperation
were discussed during the meeting.
at Wednesday, April 24, 2013

From The Beginning I said that The j10 is not a big deal as people are expecting. Even I told you guys that the Avionics in j10 can be equipped in jf17 The fact is only Payload and range might be too. Klj7 has been updated to v2 which has equal range as j10's klj10 as so weapons integration is same as all plaaf jets operational in present including j11 except russian origin missile's.

FYI I am pretty sure if PAF is now looking for is a solid update to JF17 and Stealth Fighter in coming years ... just so you know the stealth fighter wont be in low numbers rather the fleet will increase gradually every year to an 80+ but chinese jets are taking time. J10b is not the solution guys

If Looks Could Kill.

403182_366831973434621_1257225109_n.jpg

If Looks Could Kill.

403182_366831973434621_1257225109_n.jpg

388962_312059632141822_1659808874_n.jpg

Ohh ... Ms.Fatima, see on the extreme Left, having JAGGA pose among the girls.
BTW she has crashed an F-7s last year or year before that. I am totally against giving Girls fighter aircraft, they are not capable of doing this.

Sorry if I did misunderstand you. There were certain other cogent reasons for getting MAR1 which was never our first choice in any case. You will see the development in the next year or so. The other problem which PAF faces is the chinese are increasing their capabilitiesa leaps and bounds, so what you plan now with thew knowledge at hand becomes invalid due to a chinese equivalent on the market. For Ease on induction it is expedient that we go the chinese way however this is not always the case and PAF would always find 2-3 altewrnate sources for equipment just so no one becomes complacent nd we can choose the best.
Araz

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there was and is no delay in the FC-20's delivery as it was and is to be inducted by the 2014-15 time frame and no sooner, which means that there is still 1-2 years for the delivery to take place. The deal is still on, we just have to be patient and not make claims, just as those made by certain members on this forum saying that the FC-20 would be delivered in 2012-13.

What earlier expectations? I've always been of the belief that the FC-20 would be delivered by 2014-15 and not any time sooner. This was the original time frame agreed upon, why is it that people keep claiming otherwise?

Or am I just talking out of my behind?

By all means, tell me I'm wrong and rip me a new whole...just be gentle about it please.

no we dont want to do that...but when evry one screams sher aya, sher aya too many times it becomes reality - J10/FC20 was never, repeat never going to be delivered with a russian engine - the delays in the development of the WS type chinese powerplant put paid to any quick deliveries. the J10 was offered there is no doubt about it.

then the economy came crashing down....

And that is how it should be...a J-10 with a Chinese engine.

Things were so hyped up a year or so back it seemed as if the jet is coming tomorrow.

PAF Flight Safety Officers graduation ceremony

Staff Reporter

Sunday, April 21, 2013 - Karachi—Graduation ceremony of No 64 Flight Safety Officer Course was held at PAF Base, Masroor. Air Marshal Farhat Hussain Khan Vice Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force was the Chief Guest on the occasion. The Chief Guest awarded the certificates to the successful participants.

Flight Lieutenant Khadija Awan bagged the Chief of the Air Staff Best Graduate’s Trophy for best performance in the course. The course comprised officers from Pakistan Air Force, Army, Navy and friendly countries, which include: Bangladesh, Iraq, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Sudan and Nigeria.

The Chief Guest, while emphasizing upon the graduating officers for the importance of Safety in every aspect of the aviation industry highlighted the significance of Flight Safety Officers in prevention of accidents. While stressing upon the role of FSOs, he said that only sincere efforts, dedication and total commitment can help them to achieve a safer environment and this could only be possible if they adopt safety as a value in their lives. The Chief Guest appreciated the efforts put in by the Institute in imparting quality education and blending theory with practice.

Earlier, The Chief Guest was received by Air Commodore Noor Elahi Bajwa Officer Commanding Institute of Air Safety.

a lady officer...:pakistan:

no we dont want to do that...but when evry one screams sher aya, sher aya too many times it becomes reality - J10/FC20 was never, repeat never going to be delivered with a russian engine - the delays in the development of the WS type chinese powerplant put paid to any quick deliveries. the J10 was offered there is no doubt about it.

then the economy came crashing down....

But who even said that it was going to come with a chinese engine? There is no reference to that at all, and even if you're right, again there is no real delay as of yet, because the deadline for the fighter's delivery is still 1-2 years away.

And that is how it should be...a J-10 with a Chinese engine.

Things were so hyped up a year or so back it seemed as if the jet is coming tomorrow.

I hate it when people hype things up, they end up spreading false rumors.

Back
Top Bottom