What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Air University awards degrees to 595 students

Staff Report

ISLAMABAD: The third convocation ceremony of the Air University was held at Jinnah Convention Centre, Islamabad, on Saturday. Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique **** was the chief guest. Bachelor and master degrees of various educational disciplines in engineering and administration programmes were conferred on 595 students, while 26 gold and 19 silver medals were awarded to the positionholders.

Addressing the ceremony, the air chief said, “The extension of Air University’s programmes from the disciplines of engineering to administrative sciences, basic and applied sciences as well as social sciences is a clear manifestation of its keenness to serve the nation through contributions in diverse fields of education. With its focus on discipline and ethics, Air University is providing an atmosphere that is conducive for learning. I am very happy to note that this congenial environment of the university is promoting quality education and effective citizenship.”

Congratulating the graduating students, their parents and the university faculty, the chief guest said that it is their hard work that has made “this day of rewards possible and has led the university in making exponential progress as an academic institution”.

Earlier, Air University Vice Chancellor Dr Ijaz Ahmad Malik in his welcome address said that the university has always laid emphasis on giving quality education, research and development, and character building of its students. He thanked the Higher Education Commission and the Pakistan Air Force for their continual support for the school. Higher Education Commission Chairman Dr Javaid R Laghari, Air University chancellor, heads of various educational institutions, senior civil and military officers and parents of the graduating students attended the function.

Just a thought - PAF pilots are they given nicknames when they qualify as a pilot or until they join a squadron?

Just a thought - PAF pilots are they given nicknames when they qualify as a pilot or until they join a squadron?

i think it is given when they join a sqdn and they also must be 'good' - topgun type!

also there are 'nicknames' and 'callsigns'. i dont know what PAF culture is

Exercise Report: Anatolian Eagle 2012/2
Mick Balter was in Turkey for the only Anatolian Eagle of 2012 involving international participation

AFM September issue has a detailed report.

although this is not related to this thread but still can anybody informed here shed some light on the below :-

may be this question has already been asked &/or answered earlier but i just wanna know that ,

is there any aircraft in P.a.f. like the us. f-18 growler and\or wild weasel or any electronic warfare aircraft ??
or any s.e.a.d.s or d.e.a.d.s squadron serving in P.a.f. ?

:pakistan:

MuZammiL Dr. s[1]n;3270454 said:
although this is not related to this thread but still can anybody informed here shed some light on the below :-

may be this question has already been asked &/or answered earlier but i just wanna know that ,

is there any aircraft in P.a.f. like the us. f-18 growler and\or wild weasel or any electronic warfare aircraft ??
or any s.e.a.d.s or d.e.a.d.s squadron serving in P.a.f. ?

:pakistan:

Yes we do. The No.24 Squadron, The Blinders, is a dedicated electronic warfare squadron of the PAF. They operate the Dassault Falcon F20s. Before the Falcon F20 they operated the RB-57F Canberra. The three F20s in our inventory are named Iqbal, Lodhi and Mir. Mir was added in 2008 after Iqbal and Lodhi were overhauled in France in 2007.

Pakistan_Air_Force_No_24_Blinders_Squadron_Falcon_DA-20_left_side1.jpg

As per my knowledge we do not have a dedicated squadron for SEADS but we do have a 100 of the MAR-1 SEAD anti-radiation missiles (reportedly already integrated on the JF-17) which we recently acquired from Brazil. I've also read that we acquired some HARM missiles in the early 90s but because of the sanctions fiasco later on did not get our Vipers upgraded to carry them. Nabil or Taimi might be able to better explain this.

Isn't the Block-52 D kitted out for these missions, the raised spine is supposed to be filled with all the hi-tech gadgets.

images

It still doesn't make them dedicated EW platforms and hence finds them wanting in EW performance unlike the Growler or the Prowler. This is where the Falcons come in.

Isn't the Block-52 D kitted out for these missions, the raised spine is supposed to be filled with all the hi-tech gadgets.

images

Hi, the raised spline in the newer 2-seat F-16 version in more to offset the space that the backseat takes up, and where electronics and/or fuel would have been in the single seat version.

Look out for the forthcoming issue of Air International, due out on 23rd August.
I have been informed some exclusive images will be released in an Alan Warnes article on the PAF. :)

images
I came across two explainations
1-A book on IdAF Sufa's said that Suf'as contained WW avionics in the spine. (Suf'a in picture was also a dual seater)
2-the spine containes replaced electronics due to the addition of second seat.

I came across two explainations
1-A book on IdAF Sufa's said that Suf'as contained WW avionics in the spine. (Suf'a in picture was also a dual seater)
2-the spine containes replaced electronics due to the addition of second seat.

This is exactly what i read somewhere that the spine in the "D" model is packed with EXTRA avionics, which makes sense since one wonders then what happened to the avionics in the "B" version since it has a second seat and no raised spine. !!

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

President confers Nishan-e-Imtiaz on Air Chief Marshal Tahir ****

ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari on Monday conferred Nishan-e-Imtiaz (Military) on Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique **** during a special investiture ceremony held at the Presidency.

The citation read on the occasion said that the award was being conferred in recognition of the air chief’s long meritorious services. **** has also been decorated with Hilal-i-Imtiaz (Military), Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military) and Tamgha-i-Basalat for his meritorious and dedicated services. Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf, Defence Minister Syed Naveed Qamar, Finance Minister Dr Abdul Hafeez Sheikh, Information Minister Qamar Zaman Kaira, National Regulations and Services Minister Dr Firdaus Ashiq Awan, Secretary General M Salman Faruqui, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee General Khalid Shameem Wynne, Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, federal secretaries, officers of Pakistan Air Force and a few other dignitaries were present on the occasion. app

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

PAF celebrates Independence Day

KARACHI: Pakistan Air Force (PAF) joined hands with the nation to celebrate the 66th Independence Day of the country with due fervour and dignity.

The day commenced with special ‘Dua’ in mosques of PAF all over the country after Fajr prayers. Officers, junior commissioned officers, airmen and the civilian staff of PAF, later assembled at their respective bases, units and headquarters to sing national anthem. The flag hoisting ceremony was held at HQ Southern Air Command, PAF. Air Vice Marshal Muhammad Iqbal, Air Officer Commanding HQ Southern Air Command, PAF hoisted the national flag and read out the message of the day from Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force. pr

Back
Top Bottom