What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Yes sir, famous day light strike on Utterlai being one of them.

art104010.jpg

F-104A 56-874 Utterlai strike

what was the weapons load - just the 20mm cannon?

what was the weapons load - just the 20mm cannon?

That's right, the F-104A model in PAF inventory was just equipped with a 20mm Gatling gun plus a couple of sidewinders.
The "B" model didn't even have a gun, just the AIM-9Bs, but it was used in that famous "Judy" mission, where the rear seater took pictures (inverted) with a hand held camera flying at 600 Knots. :)

art104008.jpg

F-104B Reconnaissance at Mach 1

J-21

An airframe of what might be the J-21 prototype was being transported from SAC to another facility for static tests. A scale-down model (F-60) of J-21 was first unveiled by the 601 Institute at the first International UAV Innovation Grand Prix held in Beijing in September 2011. It was first rumored in April 2011 that 601/SAC are developing a 4th generation medium multi-role stealth fighter as J-21 which would complement the heavier J-20 (see above). The aircraft has a conventional design featuring twin engines and DSIs similar to both American F-22 and F-35. The prototype could initially be powered by the 8.5t class WS-13A turbofan but later by the new 9.5t class "medium thrust" engine (WS-13B/WS-12?). The aircraft will also feature an internal weapon bay inside its belly housing PL-10, PL-12 or PL-15 AAMs. However due to its relatively small size and lower engine thrust compared to J-20, J-21 might suffer from either a limited internal payload or a shorter combat radius. A full-scale metal model was probably built in early 2011. The first prototype has been under construction since late 2011. First flight was projected to be in September 2012. J-21 (dubbed AMF/Advanced Multi-role Fighter/FC-2?) is expected to be promoted at the international market as a low-cost alternative to American F-35.

- Last Updated 6/22/12

PAF should evalute this platform for its future needs.

this listing has many errors.

I think we should drop the idea of J-10 aka FC-20 and instead should now focus on evaluating this platform for our future requirements.

FC-20 has been built according to PAF requirements,and its almost complete.
This thig is a wind tunnel model yet?

FC-20 has been built according to PAF requirements,and its almost complete.
This thig is a wind tunnel model yet?

Whether it is or not, we are not going to have them before 2015.From there onwards, consider the time and money required to raise the squadron numbers and develop the infrastructure for the FC-20.
I do realize that it is the same time India would be getting Rafale, my question is India can afford the luxury, can we?
Hence my original post that we should drop the idea and instead focus on inducting a 5th generation fighter. To gain the technical know how we need to get involve in the project from the get go even if we don't have much to contribute.

Whether it is or not, we are not going to have them before 2015.From there onwards, consider the time and money required to raise the squadron numbers and develop the infrastructure for the FC-20.
I do realize that it is the same time India would be getting Rafale, my question is India can afford the luxury, can we?
Hence my original post that we should drop the idea and instead focus on inducting a 5th generation fighter. To gain the technical know how we need to get involve in the project from the get go even if we don't have much to contribute.

Indian MMRCA and Pakistani FC-20 will fly at the same time,that should do the trick..
This new plane is not matured yet,it hasn't been to the skies yet..
FC-20 is mature and well tested....

Hind helicopter international sales

The Mi-24 is in service with Russia and countries of the ex-Soviet Union and has been exported to Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bulgaria, Cuba, Czech Republic, East Germany, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iraq, the Ivory Coast, Libya, Mozambique, Nicaragua, North Korea, Peru, Poland, Vietnam and South Yemen. Ten Mi-35 helicopters were delivered by Russia to the Czech Republic in 2005/2006 as part of a debt repayment.

"Later versions of the Mi-24P are armed with anti-tank missile systems."In 2005, ten Mi-35M helicopters were ordered by Venezuela. The first batch of four was delivered in July 2006, the second four in December 2006. Indonesia placed an order for six additional Mi-35s in late 2006. Deliveries are due to begin in July 2008. In October 2008, Brazil ordered 12 Mi-35M attack helicopters

but it was used in that famous "Judy" mission, where the rear seater took pictures (inverted) with a hand held camera flying at 600 Knots. :)

F-104B Reconnaissance at Mach 1

Firstly , what is a ' Judy ' Mission?
Secondly, allow me to point out that this mission by Flight Lieutenant Aftab Alam with Squadron Leader Middlecoat as cameraman was acknowledged to be essentially a failure and they got NO usable photos of the objective.:-)

Common sense will tell you that a plane moving at Mach 1 (340.29mtrs/sec) will not get any worthwhile photos from a hand held camera. If you have ever tried taking a photo of a flying bird with your hand held camera, you will agree. Now remember this was 1965 , so what was the shutter speed of hand held cameras back then?

Several afghan Hinds defected/captured to Pakistan....most of them were donated to other countries...some got destroyed coz frankly we were stupid.... 1 or 2 are still in salvageable condition...

Any person familiar with Russian Helis will tell you that there is nothing salvageable in Russian Helis, let alone these hinds.

No stupidity here, sorry

Back
Top Bottom