What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

China has always given Pakistan Flexible financial terms to Pakistan because Pakistan has always helped China in many things to acquire. The most famous was J-7 upgrade to ground role which would not have been possible with out the help of PAF Pilots and Much more. PAC teams make constant visits to AVIC and many Chinese defence companies and we work together on many issue ever since the Mou have been signed between the countries. J-10b with WS-10 is better than any jet in the world if the integration goes all good this will be a lethal weapon.
We're not getting J-10s dude, we cancelled any plans for those planes to focus on JF-17. It's sad I know but it's true

We're not getting J-10s dude, we cancelled any plans for those planes to focus on JF-17. It's sad I know but it's true

May be we have canceled but the Jet Pakistan ordered is now being tested so I never got any news of cancellation of the order from a credible source. You tell me what are we going to buy we don't have any option. F-16 are off the table due to USA. JF-17 has a different role. Russian Jet are twin engine. Plus there is an unanswered question. It takes a lot of money to integrate a new engine into a jet and why would China do that China has many other platforms to work on but still J-10b is being developed with WS-10 why can you answer that?

May be we have canceled but the Jet Pakistan ordered is now being tested so I never got any news of cancellation of the order from a credible source. You tell me what are we going to buy we don't have any option. F-16 are off the table due to USA. JF-17 has a different role. Russian Jet are twin engine. Plus there is an unanswered question. It takes a lot of money to integrate a new engine into a jet and why would China do that China has many other platforms to work on but still J-10b is being developed with WS-10 why can you answer that?
We don't have to focus on an imported fighter. The JF-17 is meant to be the backbone of the PAF and we still have options for other fighters like Project Azm (Insha'Allah it will work out) and J-31 from China. The J-10 is used by China so it makes sense why they are still upgrading it.

We don't have to focus on an imported fighter. The JF-17 is meant to be the backbone of the PAF and we still have options for other fighters like Project Azm (Insha'Allah it will work out) and J-31 from China. The J-10 is used by China so it makes sense why they are still upgrading it.

Yes we are focusing on JF-17 and we are developing Azm and J-31 is there as well but which one is the interceptor among them all? The order was placed there is no source of cancellation news. I am not saying that we will not make all those jets or not get them but the gap of interceptor can only be filled with this jet. If PAF cancels J-10b order that means PAF will place an order for J-20 because PAF need interceptor. No air force is complete with out an interceptor.

Yes we are focusing on JF-17 and we are developing Azm and J-31 is there as well but which one is the interceptor among them all? The order was placed there is no source of cancellation news. I am not saying that we will not make all those jets or not get them but the gap of interceptor can only be filled with this jet. If PAF cancels J-10b order that means PAF will place an order for J-20 because PAF need interceptor. No air force is complete with out an interceptor.
I'm no aerial warfare expert but I think modern aircraft design does not focus on interceptors specifically anymore and the J10 is a multi-role (so it can perform the role of an interceptor fighter) just like the JF-17. Also I doubt we'll get the j-20 as it's a sensitive project for china. Instead, we will probably collaborate with them to develop our own fighter under Project Azm (https://quwa.org/2017/12/07/pakistan-collaborating-with-china-on-next-gen-fighter/)

I'm no aerial warfare expert but I think modern aircraft design does not focus on interceptors specifically anymore and the J10 is a multi-role (so it can perform the role of an interceptor fighter) just like the JF-17. Also I doubt we'll get the j-20 as it's a sensitive project for china. Instead, we will probably collaborate with them to develop our own fighter under Project Azm (https://quwa.org/2017/12/07/pakistan-collaborating-with-china-on-next-gen-fighter/)

Why is Pakistan not buying J-20 or J-31 and making Azm? Because Pakistan is going to get J-10b for interception. JF-17 is work horse that will fight all the battles but which jet will Intercept incoming Indian jets first and which jet will take out Indian early warning systems in range. It is J-10b and J-10 b will accompany Jf-17 and other jets. the current development of J-10 b is the very proof that J-10b is on cards. China has flanker and many other jets that are far superior than J-10b but they still develop it means that the Jet is on Pakistani cards. only time will tell but this possibility cannot be ruled out until there is some concrete evidence. Because there is no other Jet that can do mach 2.2

So you are telling us that tech acquired after spending many billion dollars will just be transferred to Pakistan for it to procure the J31. You sir are either very nieve or are deceiving this board with rumour monngering. The reason is the seriously hilarious notion that the Chinese wilp just hand over their own successful programme.
A

I have lomg suspected that project AZM is in fact the J-31. PAF will likely acquire rights to produce amd develop the fighter for its own use. This includes the tech used in it such as avionics and engine. Now with respect to the engine, i think it will be more the rights of local assembly rather than production. As @araz mentioned, the tech of single crystal turbine blades has only been mastered by a few...as such even if Pakistan wanted to buy the tech amd china was willing to sell it, Pakistan may not be able to absorb the tech at this stage as it does not have the facilities to create the metal alloys necessary for the single crystal forging. The same is not true for the rest of the aircraft which would give rise to the future of the aerospace industry (much like mig-19 and mig-21 gave rise to china's industry).

No J-10 is coming- project ditched in 2011.
Seeing that the PAF leadership even walked away from the F-16s (after the US refused to back it with FMF) despite having the infrastructure for it, it seems that the funds have been allotted for other things, with emphasis on the JF-17 and the FGF. Besides scarcity of funds, I wonder how much of it also has to do with just being fed up with being a price-taker on the import market (not to mention grovelling repeatedly for loans and credit), and just closing the door on the issue once for all. While the cost issue won't go away with FGF, at least you have control over the spare parts, supply channel (e.g. deciding when to downsize or ramp-up production), etc.

Back
Top Bottom