What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

i hope they use the dorsal hump for fuel avionics, move the landing gear towards the wings, get more hardpoints under the fuselage to total of around 9 and get an AESA/IRST

Probably I didn't expressed my self clearly. What I mean to say was the dorsal hump in 2nd plane of B version looks slightly smaller than the plane 1 of B version. I know it's more pronounced that single seat version and looks much better too.

Probably for additional avionics or a slight re-design. Definitely looks better than the single-seat version in my opinion.

so why do people think F 35 is under powered and doesn't has enough space for weapons(which i dont think)
we need a viable fighter and i think it would at least need power comparable to f-35 because all weapons and fuel has to be inside and within the regular full flight parameters

its wing area is smaller as compared to the fuselage it's not an under power plan but a fat plane never the less it's like F-4 Phantom bus with a big engine

so why do people think F 35 is under powered and doesn't has enough space for weapons(which i dont think)
we need a viable fighter and i think it would at least need power comparable to f-35 because all weapons and fuel has to be inside and within the regular full flight parameters

F-35 can only carry two AMRAAMs internally.

It also needs to perform the circus of VTOL, in addition to acting like an AEWACS and an EW unit, all the while remaining stealthy.

F-35 can only carry two AMRAAMs internally.

It also needs to perform the circus of VTOL, in addition to acting like an AEWACS and an EW unit, all the while remaining stealthy.
but VTOL is limited model i am talking about regular F 35A

The second prototype of the JF-17 Thunder’s twin-seat variant—the JF-17B—is currently undergoing flight tests in China. A total of three JF-17B prototypes are in production after requests by potential third-party customers for a twin-seat variant that could be used for training and evaluation purposes. Two prototypes will go to the Pakistan Air Force (PAF). In addition to a tandem seat, the JF-17B incorporates several design changes to its single-seat counterpart, including a modified vertical stabilizer, dorsal spine (potentially for fuel to compensate for the space lost from the additional seat), enlarged nose and three-axis fly-by-wire (FBW) flight control system.

A new image of the second JF-17B. https://t.co/Fi5DYH3ql9
IMG_20171213_113126.jpeg

#Pakistan Air Force is ready to welcome a new member into its jet fighter family named JF-17B, a twin-seat variant of the famous JF-17 Thunder jet. The new fighter jet was previously seen undergoing tests in #China. https://t.co/31Dy1ou4g1
IMG_20171215_093053.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom