What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

is it just me or the B model looks much more advanced than the As? Just has a much slicker look...
Looks are subjective, but yes, the JF-17B is more advanced. It is built with the three-axis FBW system, has a lower wing-loading and new areas for fuel (compensating for the loss caused by the second seat). I hope the JF-17 Block-III just uses the JF-17B airframe. You can make a single seat variant of the JF-17B much in the same way Mikoyan made single seat MiG-29KUB or Czech L-159A (i.e. retaining the same airframe, but replacing the rear seat with the spine extension) @messiach

m02010021400009.jpg

1200px-Aero_L-159_%286063%29_in_flight_%281%29.jpg

where are we going to bring a very strong engine?
you would need at least an f-35 class engine, which we dot have
so almost certainly a twin engine
A single engine in 140-150 KN class could be viable. For a light NGF, what is the thrust rating of Chinese engine to be used on J-20 in future.

where are we going to bring a very strong engine?
you would need at least an f-35 class engine, which we dot have
so almost certainly a twin engine
A single engine in 140-150 KN could be viable. For a light NGF, what is the thrust rating of Chinese engine to be used on J-20 in future.
well look at f-35 it has 180+ engine and still is considered under powered
It needs not necessarily to be in the category of F-35. A MTOW of 16-20 tons would suffice.

A single engine in 140-150 KN could be viable. For a light NGF, what is the thrust rating of Chinese engine to be used on J-20 in future.

It needs not necessarily to be in the category of F-35. A MTOW of 16-20 tons would suffice.
so why do people think F 35 is under powered and doesn't has enough space for weapons(which i dont think)
we need a viable fighter and i think it would at least need power comparable to f-35 because all weapons and fuel has to be inside and within the regular full flight parameters

Looks like the dorsal "hump" is not as pronounced as in the first example, any PS experts to do some visual/pixel calc?
Probably for additional avionics or a slight re-design. Definitely looks better than the single-seat version in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom