What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

The F-16 that we got were originally made/being made for Iran, but were sanctioned due to 79 revolution. Even the maintenance equipment (I believe) came from Iran

F-16/79 was an export version that was rejected by almost everyone. Yes an F-20 Tigershark had come to Chaklala for an evaluation. As for the AN/APG-66, I am not sure about the refusal but I only know of that the USAF pilots handed the jets over at Saudi Arabia to PAF pilots, who were then responsible for the jets from then onward. If anything was to happen on the trip from US to Saudi Arabia, the USAF would take responsibility.

The F-16 that we got were originally made/being made for Iran, but were sanctioned due to 79 revolution. Even the maintenance equipment (I believe) came from Iran
I believe those Iranian F-16s were sold to Israel. Pakistan's jets were brand new. One of the jets was made by Fokker as well....I think it was a B-model, I may be mistaken though. But yeah I heard some of the maintenance equipment originally intended for Iran was then sold to Pakistan.

Israelis ended up with the Iranian Falcons, All PAF's Falcons were developed on blk 15 standard with few modifications to avionics and radar.

"
Modifications
The Pakistan Air Force currently has the Block 15 F-16A/B model in operation, which has an upgraded APG-66 radar that brings it close to the MLU (Mid-life Update) radar technology. The main advantage is the ability to use the AIM-7 Sparrow and AIM-120 AMRAAM missiles if they were ever to be released to the PAF. Furthermore, the radar is capable of sorting out tight formations of aircraft and has a 15%-20% range increase over previous models. All the earlier F-16s were brought up to OCU standards and have received the Falcon UP structural modification package.

In 2010 it was announced that Pakistan would order MLU kits to upgrade all its older A/B models to bring them up to the same standard with this upgrade package and to have some similarities with their new block 52 airframes."

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_users_article14.html

Are there any pictures ? Which version? Aim9X?
Buddy u asked for bvr misssile. PAF got 500 Aim-120c5 for its f16s. And no paf has not gotten aim-9x, rather is mostly uses the L variant which are technically WVR missiles.

Plz first google difference between a BVR & WVR missiles.

Buddy u asked for bvr misssile. PAF got 500 Aim-120c5 for its f16s. And no paf has not gotten aim-9x, rather is mostly uses the L variant which are technically WVR missiles.

Plz first google difference between a BVR & WVR missiles.
I asked about the 120 and 9X separately , ik the difference bw a bvr and a wvr , could you please kindly post a pic of 120 in PAF , would be obliged [emoji2]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Defence.pk mobile app

CJCSC calls on air chief, apprised of PAF modernisation programmes
GNGEO NEWS
May 18, 2017
PAKISTAN
l_142336_053305_updates.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC) General Zubair Mahmood Hayat on Wednesday called on Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman at the Air Headquarters, Islamabad.

On his arrival, General Zubair Mahmood Hayat was received by Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman. He was given a detailed briefing on the organisation, role and functioning of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF).

Later on, the CJCSC called on the air chief in his office, wherein the two top military officials discussed matters of professional interest.

Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman apprised the CJCSC about various ongoing modernisation/upgradation programmes of the PAF.

The CJCSC expressed his confidence in operational preparedness of the PAF.

The air chief, on the occasion, presented him a new book on the PAF titled “PAF Attaining New Heights.”

Back
Top Bottom