What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

they have not - it will just take longer to induct with the chinese engine.

I think J-10 acquisition is having problems for real....because even though PAF stationed it's engineers in China for years along with JF-17 project to look over J-10.....it seems they are having issues. Maybe that's why Pakistan wants more F-16s......but PAF should think about it....depending on F-16s and JF-17s...two types doesn't offer much. There must be a third heavy class fighter....so we have two heavy fighters......JF-17s are verstatile but carry too limited payload......

Just my $0.02

Penumbra

dont be surprised if PAF drops 36 fc20 in favour of 36 J11B IE twin engined fighters

even though PAF stationed it's engineers in China for years along with JF-17 project to look over J-10.....it seems they are having issues.

Are they, really? What issues, can you please expand on this?

Are they, really? What issues, can you please expand on this?

Remember we have been discussing and hearing about J-10s well before the Chinese AWACs which PAF is close to even receiving. Meanwhile, we don't have a concrete word on the J-10s yet, if we had, we would be knowing their delivery dates by now.....

In the past so many doggy details turned into a actual facts....

OHP class frigates acquisition and now it is on it's way to Pakistan....
JF-17s tested and now being inducted....
Chinese AWACs ready to be delivered.....
However no confirmation by PAF yet...on j-10s.

I do not know what the exact issues are, but when i talked to one of the PAF engineer last time (he was stationed for 3 years in Chengdu for jf-17 work) i did bring up the topic of j-10. He was, j-10 is a whole new class of plane, and to go for it we need much more funds...so he was like f-16s are still a viable option. Remember, we might not like western equipment now, having seen the past, but sometimes we have no choice.

F-16s vs J-10 which is still not mature....is kinda difficult to judge about......but maybe they are delaying due to engine issues....who knows.

I personally do want to see j-10 in PAF, but only when it proves that it is in class with BLK52 F-16s and capable to be upgraded to much more over the next decade.

Penumbra

dont be surprised if PAF drops 36 fc20 in favour of 36 J11B IE twin engined fighters

Maybe? Who knows?
What if J-10 gives similar performance and weapons integration as J-11? So PAF might stick with low cost single engine J-10s....

He was, j-10 is a whole new class of plane, and to go for it we need much more funds.

May I offer a speculation? What if anything does the size of the order have anything to do with why J10 has not made it in to the PAF

the J-10/FC-20 facts are:

1- only a MoU was signed not a contract (for 36 examples)
2-PAF has sent its 'requirements/modifications' to China. no further news
3-the delivery window was to start from 2014-15 (if contract finalised which has not)
4-i doubt if its a funds issue.
5-China has not approached Russia to use its engine for the Pakistan order (if signed)
6-Chinese engine is a 'few years' away.

Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant (U-UAP)

Mi-171Sh 'Hip-H'

Delivered; 6
Current; 6

- In service from 2005

- Note: The first 4 aircraft were delivered 2005 & 2006 for base SAR (search & rescue) operations, with an additional pair acquired in 2010.

AFI

Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant (U-UAP)

Mi-171Sh 'Hip-H'

Delivered;6
Current;6

- In service from 2005

- Note: The first 4 aircraft were delivered 2005 & 2006 for base SAR (search & rescue) operations, with an additional pair acquired in late 2010.

AFI

PAF graduates awarded degrees, trophies

Staff Report

RISALPUR: A convocation ceremony was held at Pakistan Air Force Academy, Risalpur. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor Barrister Syed Masood Kausar and National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST) Rector Lt Gen Muhammad Asghar were chief guests at the occasions respectively.

Barrister Masood Kausar, who is also chancellor of Peshawar University, congratulated the graduating officers and awarded Bachelor of Science degrees in different disciplines. Pilot Officer Sharista Baig was awarded a trophy for securing first position in humanities. Pilot Officer Muhammad Zeshan Anjum won a trophy for best performance in Aero-Sciences. Pilot Officer Zeshan Mehmood received a trophy for overall best performance in academics. Aviation Cadet Khalid-ur-Rehman received a trophy for overall best performance in A&SD course, while Aviation Cadet Muhammad Fahad received a trophy for overall best performance in AD course.

Lt Gen Muhammad Asghar awarded merit certificates and medals to the distinction holders. Merit certificate for best Aerospace Vehicle Design was awarded to Amir Abdullah, while merit certificate for best Avionics System Design was awarded to Kamran Zia. Rector’s gold medal for best project in Aerospace Engineering was awarded to the project of Muhammad Muneeb Safdar. Rector’s gold medal for best project in Avionics Engineering was given to Soaib Imran Abbasi and President’s gold medals for first positions in Aerospace and Avionics were awarded to Muhammad Adnan Khan and Salman Akhtar respectively

May I offer a speculation? What if anything does the size of the order have anything to do with why J10 has not made it in to the PAF

36 examples will cost in excess of US$ 1 billion - this is not a small order

warnesy world

The july issue of AFM has a 24 page supplement on the Pak AF JF-17 Thunder. Mag on sale may26 or Key's mail order dept now!

Back
Top Bottom