What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Actually i was talking about Meteor with typhoon jet. Indians are also exploring the possibilities of integrating this AAM with their Su-30's, but if we make a deal of purchasing the eurofighter then it will be alot easier to get meteor otherwise say bye bye to this aam for our thunder.
Pakistan has a good and experience version of amraam with same capabilities as any bvr such as meteor. we already have 2 bvrs namely sd10 and Amraam. Meteor is another bvr of modern era. remember Pakistan has AIM 120 C5 variant which is as good as any modern missile but superior kill ratio. although amraam and sd10 dont have midcourse update they still are lethal in case of conflict.
Pakistan on other hand cannot afford typhoon nor gripen nor rafale. so no meteor.

Hearing news that a Paf Mirage has crashed, not sure if any injuries. Hope no one got hurt.

Pakistan has a good and experience version of amraam with same capabilities as any bvr such as meteor. we already have 2 bvrs namely sd10 and Amraam. Meteor is another bvr of modern era. remember Pakistan has AIM 120 C5 variant which is as good as any modern missile but superior kill ratio. although amraam and sd10 dont have midcourse update they still are lethal in case of conflict.
Pakistan on other hand cannot afford typhoon nor gripen nor rafale. so no meteor.

You can say that pakistan cannot afford typhoon so no meteor. But cmon man, how can you compare amraam and sd10 with next generation aam like meteor. It has no escape zone three times larger than aim120. Amraam is no match for meteor. And next gen aam for f35 is meteor, not amraam. Seriously, no comparison.

Last edited:
You can say that pakistan cannot afford typhoon so no meteor. But cmon man, how can you compare amraam and sd10 with next generation aam like meteor. It has no escape zone three times larger than aim120. Amraam is no match for meteor. And next gen aam for f35 is meteor, not amraam. Seriously, no comparison.
hmm right. that is indeed something never knew it had so much better no escape zone . in case of amraam its 20nm but if 3times that means meteor will have 60+nm. This is huge india has rafale deal completed now deliveries are imminent that is indeed worry some.

Actually i was talking about Meteor with typhoon jet. Indians are also exploring the possibilities of integrating this AAM with their Su-30's, but if we make a deal of purchasing the eurofighter then it will be alot easier to get meteor otherwise say bye bye to this aam for our thunder.
I read somewhere that Saudis want thunder with westren engine not russian and that engine is euro fighter one so they have no issue in engine but it's big IF .?but for PAF it opens the door for possible westren engine and rolls Royce have no issue so in this logic it's win for BAE if they sell theior plane and engine to pak And saudia win win for every body .French already got theior share from gulf states with eygeption deal .buying new F 16 is not a big news now if pak will go with it may be only 18 with theior own money .If saudi and UAE money involved then it must be euro fighter they have long standing with dealing England .Pak needs a good strike plane for navel purpose JF 17 is short leg typhoons fit in that Bill mix of typhoons with Jf 17 for navy give good punch

Hearing news that a Paf Mirage has crashed, not sure if any injuries. Hope no one got hurt.
These planes should retire now they need some rest they served well for pak

Last edited:
I read somewhere that Saudis want thunder with westren engine not russian and that engine is euro fighter one so they have no issue in engine but it's big IF .?but for PAF it opens the door for possible westren engine and rolls Royce have no issue so in this logic it's win for BAE if they sell theior plane and engine to pak And saudia win win for every body .French already got theior share from gulf states with eygeption deal .buying new F 16 is not a big news now if pak will go with it may be only 18 with theior own money .If saudi and UAE money involved then it must be euro fighter they have long standing with dealing England .Pak needs a good strike plane for navel purpose JF 17 is short leg typhoons fit in that Bill mix of typhoons with Jf 17 for navy give good punch

These planes should retire now they need some rest they served well for pak

Personally I wish the Paf had enough resources and budget to replace all mirages with the likes of j 10b or c, With heavier payload the j10 can easily take over the strike role etc, Mirages should have been replaced by now but we are still feeling the affects of the 90s s lost a decade for Paf.

Last edited:
Personally I wish the Paf had enough resources and budget to replace all mirages with the likes of j 10b or c, With heavier payload the j19 can easily take over the strike role etc, Mirages should have been replaced by now but we are still feeling the affects of the 90s s lost a decade for Paf.
I agree it sum up with one thing that is $$$$$ but we should explore further like European tech if u can some money all things China is not good either there should be mix of west and east .

no Su-35
and no sarcastic raptor
may be more blk52 f-16 - one squadron
may be mlued 1 more f-16 squadron to make it total 6 mlued/blk52 squadrons

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom