What's new

Pakistan agrees to grant MFN status to India: Report

vijayjha

BANNED
Reaction score
Pakistan has agreed to grant the Most Favoured Nation (MFN) status to India, something which New Delhi had been demanding for many years, a media report said on Sunday. A senior official of the ministry of trade said on the condition of anonymity that the status of MFN

would be granted during the current year, Urdu daily Jang reported.
Pakistan has in return asked for immediate lifting of non-tariff restrictions on its exports to India.

Sources said that trade and commerce minister Makhdoom Amin Fahim would soon announce basic changes in Pakistan's trade policy.

One of the amendments will be a draft to review the list of trade items between the two countries.

According to the source, Pakistan has agreed to grant MFN status to India this very year in return for lifting the non-tariff restrictions on imports from Pakistan. This will fulfill the long-standing Indian demand in return for lifting of non-tariff restrictions alone.

The report comes ahead of a possible meeting between the commerce ministers of India and Pakistan after a gap of over three years in New Delhi next month to discuss ways to boost trade and proposals to remove non-tariff barriers as the two countries make efforts to normalise relations.

Indian commerce minister Anand Sharma has invited his Pakistani counterpart Fahim, a senior leader of the ruling Pakistan People's Party, to visit New Delhi for the meeting.

Pakistan agrees to grant MFN status to India: Report - Hindustan Times

thats good :)

No its not good, its something the public has and is against.

Its act like these that start ethnic nationalism and divisions in pakistan.

Sad sad day if the news are true, I don't think I feel the same about pak anymore after this and the speech of nawaz sharif.

Great. India and Pakistan has good potential for business relationship. India has given MFN status to Pakistan long time ago I guess.

I hope its not true, if it is then to hell with pak and its government. Time to work for pushtoon nationalism.I hope its not true, if it is then to hell with pak and its government. Time to work for pushtoon nationalism.

Mixing up nationalism with economics : :no:

On topic :

Based on purely economic terms , why , according to Pakistanis , is MFN status to India is to be more harmful than the MFN status already given to China by Pakistan ?

Sad sad day if the news are true, I don't think I feel the same about pak anymore after this and the speech of nawaz sharif.

like i thought ....some pakistanis are pissed off already :lol:

yes it is not good
am too favor this
It more usefull for pakistan than us
so better they will not give

We rather have mfn with anyone but india, we prefer no trade at all.

No diplomatic relationships, just closed borders.

Dont worry brother, borders will ALWAYS remain closed. Millions of Muslims didn't sacrafice their lives for nothing in 1947.

However, whatever things that can benefit Pakistan economically will be good for the common Pakistani citizen. Even Saudi Arabia does trade with India. And dont worry we wont give India transit route to Afghanistan.

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Nawaz Sharif just wanted to impress his indian audience. He's the one who did that Kargil War, and he is no more popular among Pakistanis, not even in Punjab. Punjab supports Imran Khan now.

Relax Guys - We should increase bus sines with India and gain leverage over Indian Business men so that they can lobby their government not to go to war with Pakistan.

Dont worry brother, borders will ALWAYS remain closed. Millions of Muslims didn't sacrafice their lives for nothing in 1947.

However, whatever things that can benefit Pakistan economically will be good for the common Pakistani citizen. Even Saudi Arabia does trade with India. And dont worry we wont give India transit route to Afghanistan.

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Nawaz Sharif just wanted to impress his indian audience. He's the one who did that Kargil War, and he is no more popular among Pakistanis, not even in Punjab. Punjab supports Imran Khan now.

I don't care if saudia trades with india, israel or the devil itself. We are not saudis we are pakistanis, forget 47 my ancestors have been fighting for this land for centuries.

No to trade with india, no to normal relationships with india, no to peace with india.

I rather be hungary and not seek betterment of me and my people if that involves anything with or from india.

Pakistan is becoming and punjabi sindhi entity and they are moving more and more towards india. Today trade tomorrow open borders, soon no borders.

I don't care if saudia trades with india, israel or the devil itself. We are not saudis we are pakistanis, forget 47 my ancestors have been fighting for this land for centuries.

No to trade with india, no to normal relationships with india, no to peace with india.

I rather be hungary and not seek betterment of me and my people if that involves anything with or from india.

Pakistan is becoming and punjabi sindhi entity and they are moving more and more towards india. Today trade tomorrow open borders, soon no borders.

Wow , the India-haters are in full form today !!

Regarding going hungry , grass on the menu : Zulfikar Ali Butto , anybody ?

Back
Top Bottom