What's new

Pakistan, 10 others to surpass EU by 2030: US govt report

And you think India will be immune from effects of destabilized Pakistan. India is fortunate that she has buffer zone between her and Afghanistan.

I never said that.. India will be the most impacted country after Pakistan if Pakistan get destabilized. What I mean in my post is that the conspiracy theory of EU destabilizing Pakistan to prevent Next 11 surpassing EU does not hold water..

A hindu baniya-
Auqat dikha di na?-

such was the mentality of hindus centuries ago- Muslims are ruling us- so if British come and rule us what difference it gona make- West feeds on people like you-

wtf are you blabbing about??? Reread my post...I am assuming that you misunderstood my post and hence not reporting yours...

APP adds: Pakistan-India economic relations will be critical to determining stability of the South Asia and Islamabad’s economy could grow on sustained basis if normalisation of trade between the two nuclear neighbours takes place, a new US report, looking into the world scenario in 2030, said Monday.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/social...ass-eu-2030-us-govt-report.html#ixzz2EjxIwzu5
Spot on! If there is opening up of free trade between India and Pakistan, South Asia could become the driving engine of growth and a force to reckon with. But that unfortunately seems a pipe dream as of today what with Kashmir, Siachen, Sir Creek and water disputes being the order of the day.

Can we start with trade and related issues first and address these disputes after building adequate trust and confidence?

I never said that.. India will be the most impacted country after Pakistan if Pakistan get destabilized. What I mean in my post is that the conspiracy theory of EU destabilizing Pakistan to prevent Next 11 surpassing EU does not hold water..

But one thing India must understand - for west rise in Asia is fall of their hegemony, Today they are supporting India to counter China, but that's for sure once India reach the threshold they will be supporting some-other country to counter India. Simply they don't want any Asian country to become strong enough to challenge their superiority.

Spot on! If there is opening up of free trade between India and Pakistan, South Asia could become the driving engine of growth and a force to reckon with. But that unfortunately seems a pipe dream as of today what with Kashmir, Siachen, Sir Creek and water disputes being the order of the day.

Can we start with trade and related issues first and address these disputes after building adequate trust and confidence?

Resolution of disputes between Pakistan<->India<->China is nightmare for west.

A hindu baniya-
Auqat dikha di na?-

such was the mentality of hindus centuries ago- Muslims are ruling us- so if British come and rule us what difference it gona make- West feeds on people like you-

Yara, that is rude on a million different levels. He was just clarifying a fact, maybe with a hidden agenda, but nonetheless a fact!

This kind of prediction is nothing to boast about. S.korea is also in the N11 alongside BD & PAK. I don't think its fair. They alone may surpass EU countries like France, UK & germany with 10 years. Lets not forget about regional power like mexico & turkey. Others countries in N11 (BD,PAK, Egypt, Nigeria, Iran) still have uncertain future.

Instead of taking out positives from the report and how to acheive the goals mentioned in this report, you guyz have started taking cheap shots at each other... with the same mentality i guess we will all be in the same situation we are in right now. I SEE NO HOPE.. and mean both Ind & PAK

Resolution of disputes between Pakistan<->India<->China is nightmare for west.

Resolution of disputes can wait. Honestly, Pakistan has great potential. Its relatively young population, geographic location (abutting China and India), natural resources are great. Moreover, by most standards Pakistan is not a small country. What is required is moderation, tolerance and resolve. It has to uproot extremism and intolerance from its society, educate youth to become more productive resources, invest in physical and social infrastructure, and invest in its neighborhood - especially in India.

The fact that the ratio of size of economies of India to Pakistan is going to grow from 8:1 to 16:1 by 2030 should act as a wake-up call for all Pakistanis.

Instead of taking out positives from the report and how to acheive the goals mentioned in this report, you guyz have started taking cheap shots at each other... with the same mentality i guess we will all be in the same situation we are in right now. I SEE NO HOPE.. and mean both Ind & PAK

As one BD member said earlier South Korea and east Asian countries are better contenders for 'next big thing' category. They are stable, democratic and terrorism free with good development ratio.

But one thing India must understand - for west rise in Asia is fall of their hegemony, Today they are supporting India to counter China, but that's for sure once India reach the threshold they will be supporting some-other country to counter India. Simply they don't want any Asian country to become strong enough to challenge their superiority.

There is a key difference in how India is gaining power in the world. India is growing by enmeshing itself with the global economy.

And the most important difference is that Indian people and descendants in western countries are generally the most successful community in those countries. They are rising rapidly in political influence in those countries. They will be able to impact the course of direction taken by those countries. They are present and growing in rather large numbers. Infact the Indian lobby in US is actively trying to model itself on the AIPAC.

Yara, that is rude on a million different levels. He was just clarifying a fact, maybe with a hidden agenda, but nonetheless a fact!
Please forgive him. He is afterall a Pakistani which more often than not means he is brought up on a steady diet of hate and bigotry to other religions coupled with an astonishing capacity to put the blame of their own failures on everyone else

Thats the reason we like to deal with west on equal footing n not like some hired gun for their cause, we'll never fight their war at our cost...

Ofcourse when the time will come they will be looking for someone to face growing challenges from India but untill that time comes it isn't bad for us to play Chinese Boogyman to get excess to latest western tech n help to strenghen our economy....:azn:

Its just that we need play our cards a bit cautiously so as we don't want to labelled as Anti-China & Co. either...:D

A hindu baniya-
Auqat dikha di na?-

Yep, dikha to di.......Pakistan ki Aukat jo soch raha tha ki akele uski economy EU ki economy ko surpass kar jayegi :P

He not only talking about terrorists but refugees also. Loveicon is correct where do u think millions of Pakistanis will migrate if Pak goes into civil war.....:suicide:

We may not want a prospering Pak but we also don't a destablised Pak...:agree:

So think before u shoot, a stable Pakistan is much more important for our own good than theirs...:)

Frankly I don't buy the argument that a stable Pakistan is good for India. Let us leave 1948 as it was barely an year having got independence!

Let us take 1965, Pakistan was strong with the Americans exporting of state of art weapons to them.. Ayub khan thought 'Hindu morale won't stand more than two hard attacks at the right time and place'

In 1971, Pakistan was a fake democracy and Pakistani's raising 'Crush India' Slogans!

In 1998, After the nuke tests, Vajpayee traveled to Lahore to solve all issues peacefully and Kargil war was the prize! a stable Pakistan was NEVER in India's interest!

Back
Top Bottom