What's new

Pakistan, 10 others to surpass EU by 2030: US govt report

Resolution of disputes can wait. Honestly, Pakistan has great potential. Its relatively young population, geographic location (abutting China and India), natural resources are great. Moreover, by most standards Pakistan is not a small country. What is required is moderation, tolerance and resolve. It has to uproot extremism and intolerance from its society, educate youth to become more productive resources, invest in physical and social infrastructure, and invest in its neighborhood - especially in India.

The fact that the ratio of size of economies of India to Pakistan is going to grow from 8:1 to 16:1 by 2030 should act as a wake-up call for all Pakistanis.

These disputes are foundation of trust-deficit and India is/and will be considered enemy by general populous and same is the case on other side - these type of sentiments are easy to manipulate by opportunists to achieve there personal objectives and will keep relations uncertain, So it will always hold back investments or any major project because - import/export base relation is not strong enough to dictate national policies and can be stopped anytime because of any reason. Stable relation based on trust will encourage business community to invest in bigger investments and joint ventures which will raise the stakes and will hold back nut jobs. Moreover - we will spare huge money from defense expenditure for development and fighting poverty.

Yep, dikha to di.......Pakistan ki Aukat jo soch raha tha ki akele uski economy EU ki economy ko surpass kar jayegi :P

Leave that now the poster had replied Jon in right manner... I think he miss read posters thought, now stop taking cheap shots...

@ topic.. Pakistan is a developing country & has all the potentials to proceed further in developing race... some hiccups does hampering her race but developing a country is not a time bound thing, so let the time pass & Pakistan`ll surely rub her shoulder with developed nations...
EU is not only target to see cos they seen their peek in different era..

These disputes are foundation of trust-deficit and India is/and will be considered enemy by general populous and same is the case on other side - these type of sentiments are easy to manipulate by opportunists to achieve there personal objectives and will keep relations uncertain, So it will always hold back investments or any major project because - import/export base relation is not strong enough to dictate national policies and can be stopped anytime because of any reason. Stable relation based on trust will encourage business community to invest in bigger investments and joint ventures which will raise the stakes and will hold back nut jobs. Moreover - we will spare huge money from defense expenditure for development and fighting poverty.

Trust me, If it is NOT for the terrorists that ISI sends, No Indian thinks about Pakistan in day-to-day life! Frankly I don't believe in this Export-Import bull ****! The Pakistani Army and Intelligence agency never want peace and they are determined to send terrorists as never ending rain! The export-import sh** wont survive the next(I pray it should NOT happen) terrorist attack.

Frankly I don't buy the argument that a stable Pakistan is good for India. Let us leave 1948 as it was barely an year having got independence!

Let us take 1965, Pakistan was strong with the Americans exporting of state of art weapons to them.. Ayub khan thought 'Hindu morale won't stand more than two hard attacks at the right time and place'

In 1971, Pakistan was a fake democracy and Pakistani's raising 'Crush India' Slogans!

In 1998, After the nuke tests, Vajpayee traveled to Lahore to solve all issues peacefully and Kargil war was the prize! a stable Pakistan was NEVER in India's interest!

U didn't get my point i m not asking for flourishing Pak but a stable Pak...:)

U see according to international law we have take refugees if a civil wars comes up in Pak on humanitarian grounds. Just think when just 3 million Afghan refugees create so much mess in Pak so many refugees will standing at our borders as the combined population of Pak n Afghan is over 210 million :woot:

Besides Pakistan is our only access to Central Asian resources bcoz with the passage of time China will keep increasing its influence in Central Asia n we'll be struck due to Pak.

The normal people in Pak r not religious fanatics n Ayubs reign is thing of past, infact Pak could be a big market for Indian products we don't even have to spend much money on building brand image also as India channels r watched in every house in Pak.

N not only Pak market but also market excess to Afghan n whole of Central Asia for Indian companies.

Do u have any idea how many business opportunities we'll miss n how much our security expenditure(which does not add any value in GDP) will increase due a destablized Pak sitting next door....:what:

At the end i would say that u can't end hatred with more hatred normal people on both sides r the same the only difference is way we look at each other...:agree:

There is hardly any gain for India in letting go of Kashmir. Any resolution only means diluting India's power over the land called Kashmir.
Resolving this dispute means your military budget gets reduced. You gain something more in terms of land than what you already have.
On the other hand India still has to keep spending as much if not more as our primary rival is China not Pakistan anymore. We lose some power over Kashmir.

And not solving Kashmir does no harm to India. Our economy still progresses. Our global clout is still rising. And contrary to what you might think the average person of India doesn't give a Damn to whether Kashmir is resolved or not. The only 2 things we want from Pakistan were trade and stopping terrorism. Pakistan is doing both.

So tell me from an Indian point of view. .what benefit does India get by solving Kashmir. No it's not reduction in arms spend. Then think that are the benefits we will get worth the cost of letting Kashmir go.

Then you will clearly understand why India doesn't want to solve Kashmir. There is no benefit worth it. Unless Pakistan can give more benefits or incentives to solve Kashmir..things are going to stay put on that font.

I know I will not be around at that time (2030). But I already know Pakistan will be a stable and Prosperous country.InshaAllah

I wish I live to see the west, particularly US lose its power and gradually even all of its 700+ bases across the world (outside the US)

Are, people still wondering about the reason behind Afghanistan war investment ? :coffee:

This precise mentality is keeping us in circles since 1947. People negotiate from position of strength and not from weakness. As time goes, India relative strength vis a vis Pakistan is going to grow. A Pakistan that has no stakes in Indian growth story will be useless to India. If you think India in terms of 'trust-deficit', and 'enemy', I fear even in 2030 things between India and Pakistan will be no different from now

A hindu baniya-
Auqat dikha di na?-

such was the mentality of hindus centuries ago- Muslims are ruling us- so if British come and rule us what difference it gona make- West feeds on people like you-

Mate Hindu Banya's are not the ones who served British, It is the feudal s who migrated to Pakistan were the ones who polished the boots of British.

Through out the history of independence movement led by Congress These Feudals are the ones who opposed congress and supported British.

Majority Hindu Banya's and congress workers are the ones who was beaten, locked up in Jail and shot by British.

Any way regarding the report if this region is peaceful then it will benefit both India and Pakistan as well.:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom