What's new

pakdef and pakistanidefence A salute to warriors past and lost

We did that before as well and it works for a while but I think that in the end as real life disrupts progress so everyone was of the opinion that giving it full time requires proper staffing.
You can assign this task to younger, more energetic members while you oversee their progress.

We Pakistanis have real problem with Ego
I was on PakDef since 1998 and few years later on Pakistanidefence and here on Defence.pk

I hope PDF won’t disappear like the 2.

:coffee:

If this forum goes down, then there is no other place for us to congregate and chat.. literally, this is now the last stop shop now..

Remember the time you met Musharraf and he exclaimed how tall you were ? When i met Musharraf, i got a pretty hard iron hand shake from him with the usual pleasantries :laugh:
Yeah I remember, him and General Usmani have hands of iron. Have to admit though, his confidence levels are through the roof. I was literally towering over him (I never crouch or hunch), but his posture was formidable and commanding. God certainly has blessed Pakistan with some strong and powerful willed people.

Apart from the old forum my school was almost 100 metres short of GHQ, with Army Squash court in front of our school and tennis court in front of station school, there was a huge playground where we used to play cricket. Gen Zia used to frequent our school almost regularly, he had motivated many of us to join forces. We did our matric same year he died some of us went on to JCC/JCB and the on to services, few of us joined after F.Sc. Dr Zaidi had passed away but Brig T.M still visited his ancestral home on college Road, once visited our college he had the grip of a vice.

Col Pervez Musharraf used to frequent the Tennis court near GHQ or Garrison in his green Mazda 120Y and tried to convince us always "boys learn some gentleman sport instead of cricket" come let me teach you tennis.

Last edited:
If this forum goes down, then there is no other place for us to congregate and chat.. literally, this is now the last stop shop now..

Don't worry bro first this one's not going down, secondly I have got about a dozen odd domain names registered in my name for various plans I have, I will surely start a new one.:-)

About 20 years ago there were a few Pakistani defence forums like Pakistanidefenceforum and pakdef. These forums gave us the opportunity to begin our journey to defend Pakistan in the virtual world. When we all started talking JF-17 / super 7 was a rumors, alkhalid had just come into the army with teething problems. The navy operated a small fleet of used type 22 British ships. The war on terror was just starting.........i am sure all of us are ecstatic MashAllah how much we have progressed in 20 years.
The PDF is amateur place to continue our battle in the virtual world a key part of 5th generation war , the JF-17 has proven its metal in battle, the myth of the raptor of the East su-30 Mki is broken, Alkhalid II is around the corner. CPEC is a stepping stone for our economic recovery. Inshallah Allah will see Pakistan grow and prosper.

This thread is to salute some of the warrior who we have lost along the way. The battle for them has ended but the struggle continues. They will never be forgotten.

Pakistan zindabad, Pakistan piandabad

Khan vilatey / wajman

Thank you for this lovely thread , brings tears to my eyes, I kid you not.

I was there on
Pakistanidefenceforum
, wish I could go back and retrieve my research work that I posted there donkey years ago.

I remember you bro, one of few names which carried over, much respect.

In those days, kids used to wage literal wars on other forums by spamming large images (folks were plotting on MSN Chat). These days, kid's complain. Kids...

Yep, it was hilarious Mark hahaha.

I was on pakdef joined back in 2003, JF-17 was the instigator. Then kept on reading a lot and seeing all these people discuss and argue. It was mandatory that i spent 1 to 2 hrs on the forum reading from Missiles to submarines and everything in between.

A silent reader, but slowly reading and learning started posting matter and replying.

Bharat Rakshak used to be the counter indian forum. I might still have the database that got leaked by BR admin and that was posted by the admins of Pakdef. With the that blunder BR went down and pakdef had grown.

with the demise of that platform I left reading articles/discussions also got busy with life.

then stumbled on this platform, the desire was back and i am back to old habits.

But the people who used to post in those earlier times were real gem. Munir was one of them for sure. We still have people posting great stuff.

A thank you to every one of them.

I remember you bro.

Pakistanidefence then grew and stayed for a good few years. It had a huge following but too many jokers, infighting (who remembers Lulldapul?) and a decline in quality posts. It did get better towards the end though. I recall this site PDF was around, but was absolutely terrible, mostly kids.

How can we forget, the drama when he was thrown out for his anti-Pakistan views was straight out of a comic a film.

I was on pakdef or Pakistandefenceforum as well. I dont remember now but one of the forums had defence news updates for every month.

I remember you bro.

I remember both Aziqbal and Waz from old PDF.

Aziqbal's style of posting is similar still; one liner posts mostly or single liners with spacing. I had interesting interactions with Aziqbal back then since he disliked everything Russian. So anyone nominating Mi-24, Mi-28, SU-35, T-80 etc would have to deal with Aziqbal most of the time. He has matured now :laugh:

Waz is a cool bloke, it was difficult to instigate him back then even :sarcastic:

Lol, and here I was thinking we lost all these legends, when you guys were right under my nose. Good to know your real identity bro, a big high five. Damm it's heartwarming to see so many of us here, united as ever.

Rafi on both of them forums, yep them were the days.

That's right, the one and only Rafi, big respect.

I was Ghias on pakistanidefenceforum and Abdullah S. on Pakdef. Have very fond memories of the time I spent on both of those forums. I was in matric at the time and used to spend nights reading all kind of stuff about tanks, submarines, strategic affairs etc. I honestly think those discussions and reading made a better person in a sense that I learnt how to articulate, create and present an argument to stubborn people .

I remember Pschosaint and Diazasta so well. Both had it in them to completely deep fry Indians to the core. Especially Dizasta's blitz left Indians shell shocked every time:p:. We also had a guy umarleeds who always posted news with links and never an opinion even after about 5-6 thousand posts. :p:

Those were the days. :-)

Oh man another blast from the past, what's good bro? We really need to have an information thread of all the old names we had and the names we are on here.

I always wondered what happened to the old Pakistani Defence Forum, It was good fun free for all trolling...I remember Dizasta by the way lol

I first came across the term 'Bhangee' there haha

I remember you as well bro.

I always though Abu Zulfiqar on this forum was the Dizasta of PDF. Both had penchant for Motorbikes, Both were pashtun.

I joined PDF in 2005-2006 when I was in highschool. @Penguiin and @Bilal Khan (Quwa) a.k.a Mark Sien used to have interesting naval discussions, drawing up different scenarios and what not.

Slowly and steadily, activity on PDF declined. Psychosaint got cynical and weary about people of Pakistan. Asim Aquil used to be part of PDF. He Rebelled and made this forum.

It's been 15 years now. Time passes quickly, all of us kids are in late20's and early to late 30's now.

Bro try early 40's for people like me hahaha.

Well I had wondered what had happened to all the members of Pakistani defence forum.com and wasn't sure whether those aliases were still the same people. The only person I have actually positively identified was aziqbal on sinodefenceforum.com. We exchanged messages once, that's when I found out. It is most certainly great to see a thread which is organic, real. I remember most of not all of you guys and I can say with dead certainty that I am heartened to see you all here.

Yes I am Dizasta, from back in the day. Still alive and still proud to be Pakistani. Missed all of you at PDF & PakDef. Bilal, am proud of all your work (Quwa News). Platinum, I remember you, Blueazure, Saber I remember I video chatted with you once. And oh I remember that sinopak character, was a real mind twister that one. My apologies to any member I haven't mentioned here, but you should know I respect and have admiration for all of you guys.

Bro what the hell! All this time and you never introduced yourself! I should be naraz with you man, but I'm so glad you are here. Goodness me you have calmed yourself hahaha. Man if any one had to be given the title of captain Pakistan, you deserved it. How's life been? I bet you have several kids now.

@Nasr
@Zulfiqar

oh yes, i remember pakistanidefenceforum.com

1. the quality of discussion was much better vs def.pk

2. moderation was very good

3. members had knowledge and engaged in dissecting each other's opinion, not clothes

4. kids these days dont read .
which is evident from the low quality content we see here

5. def.pk has become politicized . Partisan politics trolling ( PTI , PMLN) was very rare on pdf

6. on the indian side, i remember KRAD, LANC, SIDDHARTH . very good and knowledgeable , there was MIROSLAV ( an IAF M2k pilot) who ejected and hurt his back. very respectable member

good ol days ;)

Big respect bro, you're still here. Let's make it many more years.

Don't worry bro first this one's not going down, secondly I have got about a dozen odd domain names registered in my name for various plans I have, I will surely start a new one.:-)

Respect.

Well kin, I was Waz, I still am Waz and intend to stay Waz till the day I die.

It's simply wonderful to see so many of my old brothers and comrades in arms on here. We bonded during a time which can arguably be described as the toughest in Pakistan's history, since the disaster of 71, but we came through.
Do you guys remember the " Pakistan will collapse in five years" threads?

We are still here 20 years from then, and so is Pakistan. Allah protect us all.

I remember you bro.

How can we forget, the drama when he was thrown out for his anti-Pakistan views was straight out of a comic a film.

I remember you bro.

Lol, and here I was thinking we lost all these legends, when you guys were right under my nose. Good to know your real identity bro, a big high five. Damm it's heartwarming to see so many of us here, united as ever.

Oh man another blast from the past, what's good bro? We really need to have an information thread of all the old names we had and the names we are on here.

Bro what the hell! All this time and you never introduced yourself! I should be naraz with you man, but I'm so glad you are here. Goodness me you have calmed yourself hahaha. Man if any one had to be given the title of captain Pakistan, you deserved it. How's life been? I bet you have several kids now.

Respect.

It's simply wonderful to see so many of my old brothers and comrades in arms on here. We bonded during a time which can arguably be described as the toughest in Pakistan's history, since the disaster of 71, but we came through.

Thank you waz, brother it was and Is an honor fighting alongside you and all the brothers and sisters here. We will keep the fight going .

I echo your sentiments as it brings tears to
My eyes aswell when I remembers those videos from 1947 showing people Leaving all, facing persecution and coming to a new hope Pakistan. The intellectual Of past and present have maintained Pakistan will survive for a few months maybe a year at most ! They don’t understand that Paakitan is the result of the dua of billions of Muslims and It is Mashallah still here! We see this bhooqi nagi quom with no apparent resources develope alkhalid 1 , JF-17 and much much more!

Shoni darhti Allah Rakhey ,
qadam qadam abad tujhey,
jab tak hai yay Danya baqi hum dekheay Asad tujhey hum dekheay abad tujhey. Ameen!

KV

I remember you bro.

I remember you bro.

Respect.

Allah app sab ko lambi zindgi dey.

I remember also many of the names you quoted.

Started off with Pakdef then went onto Pakistani defence forums... still remember the likes of lulldapull, pyschosaint, disaster webmaster, etc...

Man where those the days.... still remember when PAF had 0 BVR jets and 0 cruise missiles. Lone behold remember waking up one morning in 2004 and seeing the test of the first babur missiles...PDF was wild, remember how many members felt much more secure vis via India. In those days the gap between indian military forces vs pakistani military forces were huge. So much has changed since for the better.

Started off with Pakdef then went onto Pakistani defence forums... still remember the likes of lulldapull, pyschosaint, disaster webmaster, etc...

Man where those the days.... still remember when PAF had 0 BVR jets and 0 cruise missiles. Lone behold remember waking up one morning in 2004 and seeing the test of the first babur missiles...PDF was wild, remember how many members felt much more secure vis via India. In those days the gap between indian military forces vs pakistani military forces were huge. So much has changed since for the better.

Much more to come, the Armed Forces are rising like a phoneix.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Well I had wondered what had happened to all the members of Pakistani defence forum.com and wasn't sure whether those aliases were still the same people. The only person I have actually positively identified was aziqbal on sinodefenceforum.com. We exchanged messages once, that's when I found out. It is most certainly great to see a thread which is organic, real. I remember most of not all of you guys and I can say with dead certainty that I am heartened to see you all here.

Yes I am Dizasta, from back in the day. Still alive and still proud to be Pakistani. Missed all of you at PDF & PakDef. Bilal, am proud of all your work (Quwa News). Platinum, I remember you, Blueazure, Saber I remember I video chatted with you once. And oh I remember that sinopak character, was a real mind twister that one. My apologies to any member I haven't mentioned here, but you should know I respect and have admiration for all of you guys.
Skull buster aka Dizasta aka Nasr if I remember it right.

I have normally a very sharp memory but somehow I have lost some portion of them after my accident, I know I used to contribute regularly on the old board despite the fact I was more sentimental that time, I got along with few of the old guys like @Signalian , @Nasr and you but no matter how much I try I cannot seem to remember my id there.

@Nasr used to have quite an attitude and some very interesting vocabulary particularly when it came to our neighbors. What happened bro mellowed down?

It was probably the toughest time in our life I was working with a leading financial institution based out of new york and whenever my country of birth came up people used to smile politely as if we were irrelevant, or will not exist many of the republican/democrats congressman and senators they used to congratulate me for moving to NY because in their opinion Pakistan will cease to exist in a couple of year and I always presented my counter arguments as why Pakistan will continue to exist and that reflected in my contribution to the old board.

I have always believed Pakistan as a country is destined for greatness, we are only 70 years and change old nation/country other have taken centuries to become something but our presence our existence is already well noticed.

I have studied history extensively there are are only three examples in history where a country/a society was created on the basis of ideology one was Madina, others are Pakistan and Israel that should count for something.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom