What's new

pakdef and pakistanidefence A salute to warriors past and lost

@waz who was physcosaint .... don't remember exact name ... lol

20 years ago there was no Internet in Pakistan

Except for politicians and elites

Thank you for this lovely thread , brings tears to my eyes, I kid you not.

I remember you bro, one of few names which carried over, much respect.

Yep, it was hilarious Mark hahaha.

I remember you bro.

How can we forget, the drama when he was thrown out for his anti-Pakistan views was straight out of a comic a film.

I remember you bro.

Lol, and here I was thinking we lost all these legends, when you guys were right under my nose. Good to know your real identity bro, a big high five. Damm it's heartwarming to see so many of us here, united as ever.

That's right, the one and only Rafi, big respect.

Oh man another blast from the past, what's good bro? We really need to have an information thread of all the old names we had and the names we are on here.

I remember you as well bro.

Bro try early 40's for people like me hahaha.

Bro what the hell! All this time and you never introduced yourself! I should be naraz with you man, but I'm so glad you are here. Goodness me you have calmed yourself hahaha. Man if any one had to be given the title of captain Pakistan, you deserved it. How's life been? I bet you have several kids now.

Big respect bro, you're still here. Let's make it many more years.

Respect.

Well kin, I was Waz, I still am Waz and intend to stay Waz till the day I die.
It's simply wonderful to see so many of my old brothers and comrades in arms on here. We bonded during a time which can arguably be described as the toughest in Pakistan's history, since the disaster of 71, but we came through.
Do you guys remember the " Pakistan will collapse in five years" threads?

We are still here 20 years from then, and so is Pakistan. Allah protect us all.
[/QUOTE
i do remember all and pshamim also and munir was nice guy in real life

By the way Munir was the original PLA in keypub (Munir Pakdef). I was a lurker and never posted until he got banned.

Ironic to see people insult the dead, particularly a British Pakistani whose bad mouth and nasty posts makes him identifiable instantly in every forum he posts in.

Great thread.

This thread seems to have been going on for a month but I never noticed it. Probably because I never visit any section of this site other than the forums related to Pak military. (A lesson I learned on pakdef :lol: ) Even now I only found it when going through the AWACS thread in the PAF forum.

Certainly brings back memories of a golden period.

I myself started in 1997 on the Defenders of Pakistan forum, and later joined when pakdef when it was formed in 98/99 I think. Although I was a silent reader on all the paksitani defense (and even international) forums for a long long time, I did not post anywhere other than pakdef and now here on defence.pk.

My fondest memory of pakistanidefenceforum escpecially is that I went there whenever I wanted a laugh. :lol:

Last edited:
Great thread.

This thread seems to have been going on for a month but I never noticed it. Probably because I never visit any section of this site other than the forums related to Pak military. (A lesson I learned on pakdef :lol: ) Even now I only found it when going through the AWACS thread in the PAF forum.

Certainly brings back memories of a golden period.

I myself started in 1997 on the Defenders of Pakistan forum, and later joined when pakdef when it was formed in 98/99 I think. Although I was a silent reader on all the paksitani defense (and even international) forums for a long long time, I did not post anywhere other than pakdef and now here on defence.pk.

My fondest memory of pakistanidefenceforum escpecially is that I went there whenever I wanted a laugh. :lol:

Looks like me and you had the same journey on the same timelines! Wow!

Gents, just stumbled across this thread - so great to read it. I also was on the old pdf, even on the e board days.

There was a forum on ezBoards too with usmanali, ameer kiani, vikasrehman, etc -- what was that called?

I think the very first version of pdf was on ezboard.

I always though Abu Zulfiqar on this forum was the Dizasta of PDF. Both had penchant for Motorbikes, Both were pashtun.

I joined PDF in 2005-2006 when I was in highschool. @Penguiin and @Bilal Khan (Quwa) a.k.a Mark Sien used to have interesting naval discussions, drawing up different scenarios and what not.

Slowly and steadily, activity on PDF declined. Psychosaint got cynical and weary about people of Pakistan. Asim Aquil used to be part of PDF. He Rebelled and made this forum.

It's been 15 years now. Time passes quickly, all of us kids are in late20's and early to late 30's now.

Is @WebMaster asim? He used to be.

I definitely remember Dizasta and that he was a proud pukhtoon and very aggressively Pakistani lol. For some reason I thought Platinum786 became Oscar but I'm pretty sure that's wrong. I also thought there was someone like TheDeterrent on the other forum but forgot their name. I'm not that old but my memory feels old lol.

Not Oscar.

----

So gents I retired platinum786.

I took a break from forums, it had got too toxic. I needed to reflect on my own behaviour and what had started as banter had become a habit and was a part of me I didn't like anymore.

I pissed off a lot of people as platinum786, Pakistani, Indian, Bangladeshi, whatever else. I decided to retire the nick and the attitude. In all sincerity I'd like to apologise to anyone teenage me hurt. It was a different time and a different me.

@waz @blueazure @Nasr @PanzerKiel @Bilal Khan (Quwa) salams gents.
@PakFactor @Ali_Baba @Khan @Malik Alpha @Falcon26 @Rafi @Signalian
@Abdullah S. @Taimoor Khan

Last edited:
Gents, just stumbled across this thread - so great to read it. I also was on the old pdf, even on the e board days.

Not Oscar.

----

I took a break from forums, it had got too toxic. I needed to reflect on my own behaviour and what had started as banter had become a habit and was a part of me I didn't like anymore.

I pissed off a lot of people as platinum786, Pakistani, Indian, Bangladeshi, whatever else. I decided to retire the nick and the attitude. In all sincerity I'd like to apologise to anyone teenage me hurt. It was a different time and a different me.

We were all to young back then I was between 16-19 years old, those were different times. :)
It's good to see you though bhai! :)

Not Oscar.

----

Bro how can you do this to me? How long do we go back? 18 years and now you tell me you are Platy? I'm going to meet you in person and give you the biggest hug ever, so tight, you might pass out.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom