What's new

pakdef and pakistanidefence A salute to warriors past and lost

It's a shame that no one saved the archives of the old PDF and admins totally pruned the place to oblivion. That is peak content from the India-Pakistan standoffs, Kargil, Musharraf era, and the War on Terror gone to the dumps.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the days when PDF was more lively and engaging. After the War On Terror ended, defence forums dried up and lost any ripe content it could produce. Just take a look at the current state of this place for example, all you find are the same old repetitive political threads. It doesn't really help that forum's in general do not show up on search engines anymore like they used to, hence the lack of new members. I only look forward to the off topic gossip threads on this place, those are always gold.

@PanzerKiel
How long have you been active on the Pak defence forum world for? are you one of those OGs who has been posting since the Defenders of Pakistan days around the late 90s?

They weren't wrong.

How comes? It took me years to register because I was suspicious. I asked around but noone gave a good answer, I was also told not to mentioned pakistanidefence on here.
PDF did have alot of indian members, talking about SU30mki etc, it was scary fighter jet.

I remember @Bilal Khan (Quwa). I was a young kid, first time reading about military, with you guys on and on about military, Jf17 was the project for Pakistan back then, the young lads won't understand how important and exciting it was😆

Reminds me of the days when PDF was more lively and engaging. After the War On Terror ended, defence forums dried up and lost any ripe content it could produce. Just take a look at the current state of this place for example, all you find are the same old repetitive political threads. It doesn't really help that forum's in general do not show up on search engines anymore like they used to, hence the lack of new members. I only look forward to the off topic gossip threads on this place, those are always gold.

@PanzerKiel
How long have you been active on the Pak defence forum world for? are you one of those OGs who has been posting since the Defenders of Pakistan days around the late 90s?
It's as a result of disgust with the machinations of the army. I don't even feel like discussing anything related to the Pakistan military these days regardless of the service.

I remember @Bilal Khan (Quwa). I was a young kid, first time reading about military, with you guys on and on about military, Jf17 was the project for Pakistan back then, the young lads won't understand how important and exciting it was😆

Diving falcon iirc in the older place right?

I remember particular moment with him celebrating wildly that Pakistan got F-16s AND thumped India at a cricket series at same time lol

How time flies.

About 20 years ago there were a few Pakistani defence forums like Pakistanidefenceforum and pakdef. These forums gave us the opportunity to begin our journey to defend Pakistan in the virtual world. When we all started talking JF-17 / super 7 was a rumors, alkhalid had just come into the army with teething problems. The navy operated a small fleet of used type 22 British ships. The war on terror was just starting.........i am sure all of us are ecstatic MashAllah how much we have progressed in 20 years.
The PDF is amateur place to continue our battle in the virtual world a key part of 5th generation war , the JF-17 has proven its metal in battle, the myth of the raptor of the East su-30 Mki is broken, Alkhalid II is around the corner. CPEC is a stepping stone for our economic recovery. Inshallah Allah will see Pakistan grow and prosper.

This thread is to salute some of the warrior who we have lost along the way. The battle for them has ended but the struggle continues. They will never be forgotten.

Pakistan zindabad, Pakistan piandabad

Khan vilatey / wajman
I used to be on Pakistandefenceforum and pakdef.

Now there is Siasat.pk and Gupshup forums as well.

I don’t post now. I hardly read much of this forum because of the low quality posts that one has to go through to get to good info. This thread has been going for nearly 3 years and I did not see it.

However, I would like to thank all the members on these forums who have contributed to my understanding of the military. Watching programs like JF-17, Al-Khalid, submarines, various missiles and AWACS, really gave me a perspective that is otherwise very difficult to have.

From what I recall Zain Abbas should still have an archive of Pakdef somewhere.

It is very heartening to see the love of Pakistan that so many members still have, despite the gloomy outlook today. We will rise to greater heights in the future, inshallah.

Welcome all! To Munir fly high buddy you will be missed :pakistan:

kv
May Allah forgive him and grant him jannah! He was a fine gentleman and perhaps the biggest believer of JF-17.

In those days, kids used to wage literal wars on other forums by spamming large images (folks were plotting on MSN Chat). These days, kid's complain. Kids...
And don't forget heated debates on Key Publishing forum. :)

I used to be on Pakistandefenceforum and pakdef.

Now there is Siasat.pk and Gupshup forums as well.
GS forum was popping in mid 2000s. Not a defence forum, and much much larger than any forum I've ever seen. I left ~2010 and visited once few years ago.. it was a ghost town with admins emailing people to return.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom