What's new

Pak vs New Zealand: cricket series

i dont know what is the probleum with selection easy selection made too probleumatic selection why asssss hole butt is in the team not scoring the runs ok atleast catch the bowl he dropped two easy catches and also he did not allowed any one to catch the bowl atleast if u are bad fielder than make some runs he is failling again than i think salman place if we played at least we got good fielding from imran nazir if not the runs and if imran nazir play he can get those 35 to 40 in no time and he is good fielder too save some runses but slaman is real pain in the assss why selectors keep playing him when he is not up to the mark

Welcome to the Sifarish culture....cos of this parchy and sifarshi salman butt, who ust knows how to drop catches and even how to not even attempt a catch in fear of dropping, so many young talented palyers are dropped. Why Umer Aklam was dropped today is beyond anyone's comprehension. Why wasnt malik played in the first match.......the moment we dropped salman butt from the team back in T20 WC, we started winning. Here he comes back again, cos of his connections, and we start losing.

I would say stick with Butt for the third match as well because that match will give an opp to prove himself further. Us, the fans have to be fair because PCB just can't pull Butt into intl lime light and expect him or anyone to perform.

Malik is a different story all together, he has no place in test side and giving Umar Akaml more opportunities will make sense.

Does anyone know how Kamran Akmal performed as a WC? Dropped cathces etc. I don't think we need a batsmen who can keep wickets rather we need a wicket keeper who can bat.

Kamran Akmal is a match winner. He did fine with gloves. But you cannot expect him to work every single game.

if pak has to succeed in the one-day game it needs to do the following immediately otherwise it will continue to stutter in this version of the game:

1. s/afridi should be made capt of both 50/over and 20/over game.

2. players like s/butt, m/yousuf. y/ahmad, a/razzak have no right to be on the team - butt cant field - bats like it is a test match / yousuf cant field - cant throw - gets himself run-out or others run-out / younis has no one-day strokes, bats like r/dravid (who has been dropped from india's one-day again) / razzak is not fit , cant field, dosnt know how to dive in the field.
consider them for the test team - they fit there well.

3. replace them with younger players with potential who are fit, give them a chance to prove their worth on the international stage.

4. bring back misbah!

5. give tall and lanky m/irfan a stint in the one day game (he;s the new j/garner)

Kamran Akmal is a match winner. He did fine with gloves. But you cannot expect him to work every single game.

My expectation from KA is to be consistent, I don't expec t him to be a supersatr every time.

He is not consistent and if we want to be at the Austrailian level then we need to be consistent. I can count many innings where KA's dropped catch caused us a match.

2. players like s/butt, m/yousuf. y/ahmad, a/razzak have no right to be on the team - butt cant field - bats like it is a test match / yousuf cant field - cant throw - gets himself run-out or others run-out / younis has no one-day strokes, bats like r/dravid (who has been dropped from india's one-day again) / razzak is not fit , cant field, dosnt know how to dive in the field.

3. replace them with younger players with potential who are fit, give them a chance to prove their worth on the international stage.

4. bring back misbah!

5. give tall and lanky m/irfan a stint in the one day game (he;s the new j/garner)

1. Younis need more time as a captain and SA also need to be groomed in the role of VC before moving up to the next level.

2. I agree to the ODI extent. S/Butt should remain as an opener along with Khalid Latif. Let them form a pair, 2 matches are not enough to decide.

4. No until he understand that playing for Pakistan is an honour, a privilege not a damn right. He under played on purpose to harm the captain but end up harming Pakistan and himself.

if pak has to succeed in the one-day game it needs to do the following immediately otherwise it will continue to stutter in this version of the game:

4. bring back misbah!

1) Replace Butt with Imran Farhat
2) Replace Younis with Umer Akmal
3) Make afridi Captain
4) Bring Misbah

r u sick bring misbah after this all what did misbah he dont know how to hit and he dont know how block are u out of ur mind drop butt and bring akmal

We need aggression and that’s the reason why I believe we must give chances to the likes of Ahmed Shehzad, Sheharyaar Ghani , Umar Akmal and Fawad Alam in the middle order; stick with Butt and Khalid latif as openers.

Its looks to me as if players are short of practice. There are small problems with players which can be rectified by our highly paid coach.

We need aggression and that’s the reason why I believe we must give chances to the likes of Ahmed Shehzad, Sheharyaar Ghani , Umar Akmal and Fawad Alam in the middle order; stick with Butt and Khalid latif as openers.

Yar these guys show aggresiion on dead Pakistani tracks. Look at Ahmed Shahzad who couldn't do crap in the T20 WC despite all the opp provided to him and all the hype around him.

1) Replace Butt with Imran Farhat
2) Replace Younis with Umer Akmal
3) Make afridi Captain
4) Bring Misbah

Agree with all accept the point two , Younis brought the leg pulling politics in control. :coffee:, Afridi Captain for 20/20 and I think Younis is rtd from it.

"Mohammad Yousuf strikes me as the sort of man who'd never run for a train. [He'd] rather miss it"

The astute Jeremy Coney deduces rather a lot from watching a Pakistani batsman on the field
Nov 6, 2009

Page 2 | Hear Hear | Cricinfo.com

Back
Top Bottom