What's new

Pak to import bulk of soyameal demand of 3.60 lakh tonnes from India: US agri dept

Justin Joseph

Reaction score
Pak to import bulk of soyameal demand of 3.60 lakh tonnes from India: US agri dept

Pakistan is expected to import the bulk of its soyameal demand of 3.60 lakh tonnes from India this year to meet its growing demand for high protein feed in livestock and poultry sector, revealed a report by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA).

"Virtually all of Pakistan's meal imports are comprised of soyameal from India. Imports in 2010-11 marketing year are forecast at a record 3,60,000 tonnes, up by 26 per cent over last year's estimate", USDA said in its latest report.

Last year the neighbouring country had imported 2.85 lakh tonnes of soyameal. The soyameal marketing year starts from October.

The growing demand for higher quality protein meal by livestock and poultry producers has increased the use of soyabean meal from the traditional 5-7 per cent to 10-15 per cent, it said.

It added that Pakistan was expected to source large quantity of soyameal from India because of lower freight fee due to proximity of ports for import as compared to the US.

"The prospects for import of US soyabean meal remains limited due to higher freight charges relative to India."

Soyameal has higher protein as compared to the traditional feed such as cottonseed meal, rapeseed meal and sunflower seed meal.

According to USDA, the requirement of oilseeds meal including soyameal in Pakistan is projected to be a record 33 lakh tonnes this year due to the anticipated expansion of the poultry, dairy and livestock sectors.

Oilseeds meal production in the neighbouring country is likely to grow by 16 per cent to 30 lakh tonnes this year, against 26 lakh tonnes in 2009-10, it added.

Pak to import bulk of soyameal demand from India: US agri dept

Because it means we won't be importing from US then...much cheaper to import from India as it is just across the border so transport is easy.

Because it means we won't be importing from US then...much cheaper to import from India as it is just across the border so transport is easy.

Obviously economics of imports matters. Same way India imports 6,34,456 Metric Tons of Cement from Pakistan because its cheap and our demand is ever increasing.

But, what matter most is trade between India and Pakistan we can complement each other and both will be benefited by this.

In the end of the day it will benefit common people.

Both india and pakistan should engage in more and more bilateral trade.
We can gain immensely from each other. Our area of cooperation can be infinite.
Also, greater is the trade, lesser will be the chance of war between the two. Then it will be economically suicidal for both the countries to engage in war.

Good news. But there are tons of speed breakers in our friendships

^^^^^^
not speed breakers but boulders between us.

I seriously always think that there is huge potential of bilateral trade between both countries(even more then indo china trade)
if these boulders are removed.

Agree with Imran Khan...what are the goods that India imports from Pakistan??

Setting up in Afghanistan for these products, including cotton, will help Afghanistan and Pakistan

Good news

P.S-
Next trade should be- Give us some fast bowlers and take some batsmen.:P

Good news

P.S-
Next trade should be- Give us some fast bowlers and take some batsmen.:P

i guess u need both bowlers and batsmen looking at ur team performance vs sri lanka :rofl::rofl:

as i remember we have 180 things imports exports and its really a shame.:rolleyes:

Can you please elaborate on these things.I would like to know more about them.So far as the present scenario is concerned,I think economic co-operation and trade is the best way to build a healthy and friendly relation between the two countries.

I am personally from software field,and I happen to know many Pakistani coders and mathematicians with whom I met on online forums like this one.Funny thing is that,they don't give a damn about the diplomatic relations between the countries.They are just too much absorbed in their own field of expertise.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom