What's new

Prices of luxury cars like Jaguar, BMW, Mercedes drop by Rs 10-30 lakh due to local assembly & cost

It's a defence issue, I believe. The new S without its most amazing feature i.e MBC, is slightly less appetising.

doesnt make sense ... MBC just scans road ahead for irregularities. If radar guided cruise control is allowed why block this ?

yeah they are concrete roads, but they need overhaul .. they have been made decades ago :p

PS: i am a road contractor :p

Nice! Please make a pitch for the next round of road development works. Bombay sheher will be grateful. By the way, most major arteries have received an overhaul quite recently.

What does that do?

15 on-board cameras scan the road surface ahead and around the car, feeding information to an on-board computer that then makes minor adjustments in the independent suspension set up, offering outstanding (and optimum) ride quality.

scans the road ahead or irregularities ... the firms or softens the suspension for a comfortable ride

This is obviously not suited for Indian roads which are ful of potholes and speedbreakers

This is obviously not suited for Indian roads which are ful of potholes and speedbreakers

Our speed breakers need standardisation. Other than that, we're fine - road surface-wise, and it's only getting better with time. Our highways and expressways, and even most of our cities' road surfaces, are a delight to drive on, barring minor flaws.

Nice! Please make a pitch for the next round of road development works. Bombay sheher will be grateful. By the way, most major arteries have received an overhaul quite recently.

To much politics bruv, corporates, MLA's and officials all want their cut ... toh Ghanta road banegi :p

Our speed breakers need standardisation. Other than that, we're fine - road surface-wise, and it's only getting better with time. Our highways and expressways, and even most of our cities' road surfaces, are a delight to drive on, barring minor flaws.
Problem is standardization .. most of tarmac road gets washed away in rains .. The quality needed cannot be attained by the tendering process ... people go undercut the tender quote to get the tender ... how will it be possible to make the road when you undercut the estimated price given by the govt ?? Sometimes prices are undercut by 50%

Problem is standardization .. most of tarmac road gets washed away in rains .. The quality needed cannot be attained by the tendering process ... people go undercut the tender quote to get the tender ... how will it be possible to make the road when you undercut the estimated price given by the govt ?? Sometimes prices are undercut by 50%

As you know, Undercutting is the norm in most tendering processes related to government contracts, so I guess it's try and try until you succeed.

Major National highways are OK but not city roads. And I am not talking about UP Bihar even major metros like Bangalore

Back
Top Bottom