What's new

Pak eyes biggest wheat import in 5 years as local supply dwindles

Flawed logic, because India produces a large quantity rice.

Total wheat and rice production of India is more than 250 MMT, while that of Pakistan is close to 30 MMT. Indian population being close to 7 times of Pakistan. With more than 8 times production.

If Hinduguy is correct then its 200 million with rice included compared to Pakistan 30 MT, 250m figure most also include other grains for which we don't have data from Pakistan.

Pakistan export about 4 MT of rice out of 6.8 MT produced. Pakistan also uses a lot of land for cotton production which is 15 million bales compared to India's 34 million.

If Hinduguy is correct then its 200 million with rice included compared to Pakistan 30 MT, 250m figure most also include other grains for which we don't have data from Pakistan.

Pakistan export about 4 MT of rice out of 6.8 MT produced. Pakistan also uses a lot of land for cotton production which is 15 million bales compared to India's 34 million.
now you started blabbering, you are importing wheat, thats a fact, and we are exporting it..
you said India has less per capita wheat prodution which is true, but your conclusion was wrong as you did not realize about rice production.
do you realize you patted on your back too soon.. :omghaha:
All my stats of pakistan and india are from indexmundi...

No, its 155 MMT rice and about 95 MMt for wheat in 2012.

And I didn't included cotton, soyabean and other pulses, other grains, fruits and vegetables and so on. Just wheat and rice.

Also, the yield per hectare is slightly greater for India than Pakistan:

India: 2883 kg/ha
Pakistan: 2,718 kg/ha

Cereal yield (kg per hectare) | Data | Table

Though the difference is slight and compared to yields in developed countries, it is negligible. Nothing to be happy about.

I rather die of hunger than eat pesticide striken wheat from a hindu country.

And guess how much Pakistan produces? 24 MMT, India produces about 3.5 times more and have 7 times bigger population to feed. No wonder hunger is such a huge issue in India.

I pity the fools like you, who without any knowledge Quote anyone and I also feel sorry about those who hv liked your posts.:sick: india is second largest producer of wheat which is about 87 MMT and second largest producer of rice too which is abuot 155MMT , in south india ppl mostly eat rice , in other parts ppl take wheat( roti) and rice both. and huge amount of pulses. :sick: from next time don't quote me with ur stupid logics.

:nana: I wish ur wish's comes true.

The OP topic never mentions India. Chill the Indians are mentally relieving themselves.

The OP topic never mentions India. Chill the Indians are mentally relieving themselves.

:flame: burn baby burn , topic is about Pakistan importing wheat , and india is one of the largest food grain exporter . cant we even allowed to show that we hv enough wheat and can export wheeat to Pakistan ?:lol:

Back
Top Bottom